Tony
13-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Handle With Care and the boiler room presents
fri 22nd july 2005,
the boiler room, birmingham
b18 6nf
0121 248 4999 11-laaaaaaate £5 all night

UK MINIMAL ALLSTARS
here we have 4 protagonists of the minimal house and techno scene from the UK. certainly not the only ones by any means, but certainly the residents, regualrs, and mischief makers in the main clubs in 4 of the main UK cities, and certainly chaps who have all been up to mischief for many a year.

derived from the drunken enthusiasm around the SONAR music festival, it was noticed that there was a really nice representation of cities amidst the friends sunning themselves and mooching around barcelona. each of the guys here in question are pals and are well aware of each others mixing skills and musical and club night talents. so why not...

and here they are, the reprobates that will be showcasing that evening.
-----------------------
MATT TOLFREY notts / london
matt has been resident of nottinghams ‘stealth’ club for several years, and has gained the worthwhile notoriaty and respect to win him further gigs at both fabric and a residency at the egg. couple this with his releases on the very fashionable crosstown rebels label and the launch of his own lebel, ‘legroom’, matt is a name to watch out for.

DAVE MARTIN leeds
dave has been at the forefront of the leeds electronic music scene for many years, culminating in many club nights, and now the residency at northern super club ‘technique’. his passion for the music stems far beyond the dancefloor, but his mixes never fail to please there, as well as impress the many big names he’s played next to. another man to watch.

MARK LERMAN brighton
brightons mark lerman is no stranger to the elctronic music scene. his ‘hidden’ productions have flown out around the world.
his kilks night has seen him bringing over the cream of europes minimal house and techno artists, and with further releasses planned for the coming year, to be showcased at kliks, again he’s a man to watch.

TONY GRAINGER birmingham
tony has been a protagonist on the birmingham electronic music scene for many years, across the many shades out there. playing techno, electro, electronica, minimal and much more. across clubs, record shops and distributors, tony has cut his teeth with the best of them. currently running his own distribution network and label collective, the music is flowing from his fingertips, and the quality is always high. again, another man to watch.
----------------------------
each of these guys will continue to do their creative best and push the sound and collective subconcious of the UK, keeping the bookings at the cutting edge and the mixes extreemly tight. expect to see this night tour around the cities being represented, taking the sound further and further into the minds of the impressionable clubber :)

info: tony@handlewithcare.de

ampassasinbirmingham
13-07-2005, 04:49 PM
no parties in brum for ages then 2 on the same night. :cry:

Tony
13-07-2005, 04:56 PM
the tresor night will be more your thing bill

Tony
13-07-2005, 04:56 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/cleandevil/bjuly22ndnames.jpg

ampassasinbirmingham
13-07-2005, 05:03 PM
the tresor night will be more your thing bill

dont think it will be actually. like to see house of fix, but i think i need to take a trip to the boiler rooms and it cheaper.

Tony
18-07-2005, 05:33 PM
for the sake of cultural diversity......

bump! :)

Stella Boy
18-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Quality dj is old dave martin, you should have a great night :cool:

Francisco Scaramanga
19-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I've just seen this, and am even more gutted now than before.

I picked up a flyer for Twisted at HOG, and thought, good, more techno in brum. Then at the Glade I picked up a flyer for Inukshuk, and thought, wow, spoilt for choice. But now a third night on the same night!!! Gutted!!!

Anyway, apologies to handle with care, twisted, and inukshuk, but not only are your nights clashing with each other, but they are also the weekend after the glade, where I spent every penny I possessed. Which makes choosing which night to go to pretty easy - stay at home!

Anyway, I hope all you guys get these clashes sorted out, cause the midlands in general is aching for some more regular techno nights, and I'd like to go to all of them! Good luck to all involved on the 22nd...

miss bass
19-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Its that minimal i cant even hear anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony
19-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Its that minimal i cant even hear anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clicky clicky

you'd prob like records with sections of pure silence wouldnt you :) see john cage.

francisco: shame that, and yeah its another shame that we've got all these nights on at the same time and didnt know. tits!!
but stu's next one isnt until december and i've just confirmed a wicked booking for oct 21st, so everybodt try to remember those dates and we should be winning.

smashing!!

8bitapocalypse
20-07-2005, 09:37 AM
good luck with this one tony, gonna be rehearsing for the next night at Forme (we r playing live).

Tony
20-07-2005, 01:56 PM
aye, i'll be down to that. someone from that posse will be down to flyer my night as well :)
look forward to catching you, i always seem to miss it when you play.

nihilist
20-07-2005, 05:00 PM
3 techno nights on the same night! and cant go to any of um im gutted

Tik Tok
21-07-2005, 09:43 AM
3 techno nights on the same night! and cant go to any of um im gutted

i know theres the free one, and this one.. which ones the third?

Tony
21-07-2005, 01:04 PM
wonked up breakcore and techno at the med bar. might scare the regulars A LOT, ha haa

Esox Lucius
21-07-2005, 01:17 PM
cannae beat a bit of noisy breakcore :love:

mat tolfrey is a good dj. i have a mix if his from a few years ago 'junk funk' that he sent me on cd, tis great.

nihilist
21-07-2005, 02:55 PM
whos promoting the med bar?

Tony
21-07-2005, 04:01 PM
twisted. its labelled as a tresor night, but with subhead and bill youngman its gonna be more brutal and discordant methinks.

yeah, tolfrey is wicked. we're all gonna be doing back to back all night, i trust all of them, and they know i can do it, so it should be pretty rocking at the boiler room.

278d7e64a374de26f==