PDA

View Full Version : MAGNUM FORCE-My new Mix/GEt FREE COPIES/LISTEN/See tracks :)

RIOTSOUND
15-07-2005, 04:57 AM
Hey everyone... Just finished up another mixed CD

This one ranges from Hard Techno to House Music and a dash of Hip-Hop

As you know I have been ragging on boring repetitive techno and "eurodork style" lately (which is a style of techno where american DJs try to mimic certain catchy but cliche elements of european superstar DJs, often times when big DJs come over to the US to play, the Americans almost seem to "play for their guests" rather than the crowd) - Many DJs in New York are currently employing this tactic and they got all uptight when I questioned thier ethics...you can probably guess who the culprits are so I will not mention any names (if you would like to know more on the situation please contact me in private)

So it is only fitting that I post one of my own mixes and allow myself to be judged as I have judged the work and progress of others...so please tell me what you think...weather good or bad, all feedback is appreciated... What i have tried to do with this mix is put traditional techno elements alongside elements of House Music, Trance, Acid & Electro to create a more diverse soundscape that I also feel in a way represents the colorful landscape of New York City... this is certainly not the end all by any means but I did put alot of thought into this mix and I would really appreciate any opinions all the educated people on this board may offer..

As always I will offer free copies to anyone who would like one... I would be happy to mail the CD to anyone anywhere in the world!!... 100% Free... all you have to do is visit http://www.RiotSound.com - click on Contact and send me an email (send email to general inquires) - put "Free CD" in the subject and include you Mailing Address... I usually ship in about 5-7 business days...It may take a little longer overseas... I will be giving out about 1000 Free copies of this disk from now until the end of summer....hopefully people will enjoy...

You can listen to the mix in its entirety here:

http://www.riotsound.org/audio/m3u/MagnumForce.m3u

The track listing is as follows:

Best wishes from the USA!

MAGNUM FORCE
A continuous electronic dance music mix by Destro.

1. Intro
2. Terence Fixmer – Out In The Space
3. Dirty Bass – Iron Wreck Dream
4. Terence Fixmer – The Calling
5. Red Tide – Heavy Discipline
6. Paul Jones - Purple
7. Ping & Baz – Face Crack
8. Mark NRG – House Music (In My Brain)
9. Nerva – Modo VII
10. Groovezone - Eisbaer
11. Format – Solid Session
12. Marcin Czubala – Mr. Popstar
13. Smith & Selway – Let Your Body Rock
14. Huntemann - DiscoTech
15. Funkmaster Flex f / Nine – Six Million Way To Die
16. Big L & Fat Joe – The Enemy

gary_human
15-07-2005, 12:59 PM
interesting track selection => i'll check it out the weekend - you should have posted it in the techno promotion or filez page - may get more response??

The Overfiend
18-07-2005, 04:46 AM
You must be from queens

RIOTSOUND
18-07-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm not but its a funny comment...

the reason I wanted to post it here was 'cause this is the forum the original debate took place...I looked in the other forum and there seemed to be only sets from "big name" Djs... so I thought this post would get lost in there anyways...dunno, i would be more interested to see some people who were involved in the original debate to comment on this

278d7e64a374de26f==