PDA

View Full Version : Ableton 5 live public beta now...

RDR
15-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Available!

www.ableton.com

Hmmm, cant wait!

Mirsha
15-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Used it for a little bit a while ago though not really delved into the new stuff. There are a few new interface changes I don't like, mostly the clicking on the sample in the lower half plays from there which will be annoying until you get used to it trying to zoom (the zoom from the bar has been replaced with the play from action now as well). I welcome the return of the single click on the scrub bar though for flicking through an arrangement, I hate when I moved to four and that was gone and it took me a while to find that you could ctrl + left click to do the same thing.

The mp3 support has it's up's and downs. For a start heaving a mp3 tune into the program freezes it up for a bit which is acceptable but my CPU load when playing a mp3 was sitting at 18% for just one tune. The auto bpm detection is great as well, since it drops markers and so far I've found them to be quite accurate, some tunes they were out slightly but it's not a huge amount of effort to flick through and correct them, certainly a lot quicker than doing it by hand. I was also get buffer runs with some tunes when I was doing stuff like zooming into the track but I need to play about with it a lot more to see how it all works if you start amming about with it proper live style. Later on I'll probably try dragging a dozen tracks in and see how it copes with mixing them and give it a proper workout.

xfive
15-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I've been a Live5 beta tester for a couple weeks now and I must say it rocks :clap:

The new fx are PHAAAT :twisted:
I'm loving the freezing and arrangement extras too.

findthesolution
15-07-2005, 11:08 PM
publicly available?

how do I go about getting it? all i see on the site is the serial for 5 beta, not the install.

Mirsha
15-07-2005, 11:55 PM
There is a link below the serial which links to the download page then that page links to the .zip

Once again cheers to Ableton and co for hosting a zip package which contains setup.exe . You know I would assume that by now most people would realise that something like "Ableton Trial Setup.exe" is a better file name but people still like spitting into the wind.

g
18-07-2005, 06:04 PM
publicly available?

how do I go about getting it? all i see on the site is the serial for 5 beta, not the install.
ableton.com/beta

278d7e64a374de26f==