View Full Version : Question - The Inspectors

RDR
16-07-2005, 06:54 PM
http://www.theinspectors.co.uk/question.mp3

Opinions please BOA.

Thank you.

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 12:42 AM
nice beats, but when that bass kicks in it over powers everything a bit too much, the kicks get way too lost in the mix.

its also lacking a hook, or something to grab you, its got the energy,
just lacking that thing that makes you say wow, i'd personally add some synth stabs.

RDR
17-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks Dan.

I agree about the Bass. Im gonna knock of some of the bottom end and Rez peak one of the harmonics of the bass or send it to a distortion Fx with lots of the bottom end EQ'd before the chain. That should give me a bit of definition and let me drop the bass end away.

As for the synth stabs. I wanted to avoid that as it seems to be the (no offence mate) stock answer round here. "Get some synth stabs in."

Im thinking about some soaring strings half way through a la Christian Morgerstern's (RIP) Miscellanous EP on kanzel rant some time ago.

dan the acid man
17-07-2005, 01:42 PM
well yeah, i said synth stabs because im in love with synths :oops:

but it just needs a hook in there, strings would work

dirty_bass
17-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Cool, kinda like a more manic version of the Plump DJ`s.

Overall the production is pretty messy, and could probably do with some nice subtractive eq to give more clarity and room to all the sounds.

The kick could be a bit bigger, with more high bass punch.
Also the top end is dominated by the ride cymbal, which kinda kills the funk. A nicely programmed and more real hat sound and pattern might give extra swing to the beat.

Maybe a nice manic phat cheeky analogue riff in there at some point would give it a bit more character and a nice hook.

I could imaging this going down well in a live PA, but as a studio production it needs more polish.
Cool though.

RDR
17-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Cool, kinda like a more manic version of the Plump DJ`s.

Overall the production is pretty messy, and could probably do with some nice subtractive eq to give more clarity and room to all the sounds.

The kick could be a bit bigger, with more high bass punch.
Also the top end is dominated by the ride cymbal, which kinda kills the funk. A nicely programmed and more real hat sound and pattern might give extra swing to the beat.

Maybe a nice manic phat cheeky analogue riff in there at some point would give it a bit more character and a nice hook.

I could imaging this going down well in a live PA, but as a studio production it needs more polish.
Cool though.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's a preliminary and defo needs more production on it.. as usual with my stuff - getting the time is a nightmare...

:roll:

However i will persevere, ill repost when done.

278d7e64a374de26f==