PDA

View Full Version : Baptista

Will
17-07-2005, 05:28 PM
What are peoples thoughts on him then, since it looks like we (Arsenal) might be getting him? I didn't see much of the confed cup since I can't get a very good picture on ch 5 and I don't have Sky to watch Spanish football... From what I've heard, and with a nickname like the beast, it sounds like he'd give us a much needed physical presence up front, but since he was an attacking midfielder first he could play there too, which would be handy.

Does anyone know how much time he's spent up front, was it just the end of last season? His strike rate with Sevilla's good at least, especially if most were from midfield. Apparently Hleb is like a cross between Beckham and Kanchelski, with pin point crossing and 'fast dribbling', which is always good for an Arsenal player (the latter)! So we'd need someone like Baptista for Hleb to aim for, though I think he might be more of withdrawn striker, so we'll have to see.

dee
17-07-2005, 05:36 PM
he isint called the BEAST for no reason mate, 50 goals in 2 seasons
from midfield is awesome , hes strong ,fast and very skillfull
was hopeing we get him but looks like u will, i think he'll be in my dream team if u do :lol: :lol:

Will
17-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Hmmm, sounds good! Ballack could be up for grabs too though and only has one year left on his contract I beleive... He played in midfield for Brazil then I take it?

Esox Lucius
17-07-2005, 06:33 PM
take it this way, if you get him then i doubt very much you will regret it.

awesome is a word that springs to mind.

basslinejunkie
17-07-2005, 06:48 PM
quality player,young too.well fairly.would be the signing of the season so far.

nick_anarchy
18-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Hmmm, sounds good! Ballack could be up for grabs too though and only has one year left on his contract I beleive... He played in midfield for Brazil then I take it?

yeh and i know where he ia goin too ( ballack that is )

Traxx
18-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Where?

basslinejunkie
18-07-2005, 05:23 PM
keep dreamin mancs.

Esox Lucius
18-07-2005, 05:24 PM
keep dreamin mancs.

just what i was thinking :lol:

Traxx
18-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I should of guessed :doh:

nick_anarchy
18-07-2005, 05:26 PM
well he aint goin arsenal

nick_anarchy
18-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Michael Ballack has sent a signal to Sir Alex Ferguson that he is ready to play in the Premiership. The Germany captain is ready to leave Bayern Munich, where he has just one year left on his contract. And that will be music to the ears of Manchester United boss Ferguson, who is a big admirer of the world-class midfielder. Ballack, talking about the prospect of moving away from the Bundesliga, said: "There are hardly any German players who are abroad who have advised me against taking such a big step. It is good for a person's development and it would also be very interesting for me. I have always made the right decisions in my career so far. I am at a top European club and I still have the chance to move abroad. I am really relaxed about it."

nick_anarchy
18-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Bayern Munich are bracing themselves for a bid from Manchester United for Michael Ballack. Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-time admirer of Ballack who has just a year left on his contract. Ballack has said he sees the Premiership as his next move - and he'd consider signing for United. He said: "I see England as the best place for the next stage of my development and of course a team like Manchester United would interest me. Ballack's comments have angered the German champions, who would look to end any United interest by slapping a £15m-plus price-tag on the 29-year-old star

MARK NEENAN
18-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Baptista is coming to the lane anyway!

Spurs have bid the highest so far! A 20 million euro offer has been made today from us! get in there spurs! :lol:

Will
19-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Bayern Munich are bracing themselves for a bid from Manchester United for Michael Ballack. Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-time admirer of Ballack who has just a year left on his contract. Ballack has said he sees the Premiership as his next move - and he'd consider signing for United. He said: "I see England as the best place for the next stage of my development and of course a team like Manchester United would interest me. Ballack's comments have angered the German champions, who would look to end any United interest by slapping a £15m-plus price-tag on the 29-year-old star

He'd be stupid to leave Bayern for man U, who haven't got past the last 16 two years running, if he wants to move to win the CL, or anything of significance for that matter he doesn't want to go to a team on the way down like Man U. Plus he's a simailar player to Scholes and not much younger, what's the point?

Man U seem to have less money to spend than Arsenal now the Glazers have taken over, their signings hardly breed confidence - Stokes 3rd choice keeper, that'll bring back the glory years!

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 04:27 PM
less money do u belive the papers ??? i know for a fact if utd wanted to sign a big name it can be paid for ez .. i watched a interview with glazers son and hes stated their is more money their if needed ... hence ballack sayin he wanted to join us ..... so so wot if we aint go tinto the last 16 at least we have ****in won the cup mate , u wont even get out the groups from now on u have lost pat

Will
19-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Feel free to put a lot of money on it then!

basslinejunkie
19-07-2005, 04:48 PM
if ballack became avalible,you think youd be the only club interested? every ****er would bid for him milan,real ect ect.and he wouldnt choose you.

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 04:56 PM
hes said he wants to go to the premership didnt u read what i put ??

basslinejunkie
19-07-2005, 07:12 PM
yes,but do you believe everythin you read in the papers???

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 07:23 PM
i didnt read it in a paper

basslinejunkie
19-07-2005, 07:28 PM
ok,do you believe an amercian with a comical ginger beard???

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 07:36 PM
didnt come from him

phantomdj
19-07-2005, 11:02 PM
didnt come from him

the tramp outside your local with the sun in his hand

basslinejunkie
19-07-2005, 11:29 PM
less money do u belive the papers ??? i know for a fact if utd wanted to sign a big name it can be paid for ez .. i watched a interview with glazers son and hes stated their is more money their if needed ... hence ballack sayin he wanted to join us ..... so so wot if we aint go tinto the last 16 at least we have ****in won the cup mate , u wont even get out the groups from now on u have lost pat

dee
20-07-2005, 12:07 AM
****in ell, give the kid a break, and bollocks ballack
wouldn't join utd, why wouldn't he , we can afford the wages and the tranfer fee, cant see why he wouldn't

basslinejunkie
20-07-2005, 12:41 AM
lol a biter!! :lol:

dee
20-07-2005, 11:34 AM
:lol: :lol:

nick_anarchy
20-07-2005, 05:51 PM
****in ell, give the kid a break, and bollocks ballack
wouldn't join utd, why wouldn't he , we can afford the wages and the tranfer fee, cant see why he wouldn't

haha he can post what he likes and laff all he wants .. and the end of the day , what iv posted is 110% truth no bullshit .. so if he wants to try and make out im some kind of soft cunt he can , more fool him at the end of the day

Traxx
20-07-2005, 06:35 PM
So if bollock doesnt sign by the start of the season your gonna admit your a 'soft cunt' ? :lol:

nick_anarchy
20-07-2005, 06:45 PM
if he dont sign , he dont sign , im no soft cunt tho !! iv even seen more of the same new today so their aint smoke with out fire , he allready has said he wont sign a new contract with the germans

Will
21-07-2005, 03:26 AM
He'd be mad to leave Bayern for Man U, though not as mad as Baptista would have to be to join Spurs over Arsenal!

Fergie's saying it's a crucial season since they haven't won the league for 2 years, but there's no real signs of them signing anyone decent, not for big money at least, I don't reckon they'll spend much either, talk is cheap.

nick_anarchy
21-07-2005, 04:15 PM
haha yeh will watever man , u seem to make out arsenal are some kind of great team who can pull big names . pfft get real ..

278d7e64a374de26f==