PDA

View Full Version : Casual violence-two tracks

Mindful
17-07-2005, 11:30 PM
A couple im working on at the moment but I seem to have got further than usual.
Both are quite loopy at the mo.

somthing breaky,atmospheric and minnimal(ish)
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WJS4DQGKAPZG0Q11IZF1R9HTO

and somthing for marching to
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ILSQLU5WUD9W3SJCGL4XZL3AB

Ive had to use my headphones this week so im not that sure about the mixdowns (not that my mixdowns are great when ive got use of my moniters :lol: )

Any help,advice or feedback good or bad would be cool thankyou. ;)

xfive
18-07-2005, 04:50 AM
First one - I like the ideas in here.. the pieces flow with each other quite nicely. If you condensed it down a bit to be slightly shorter that would help with the loopy feeling.. but yeah some edits and what not will work too.
I'd say the compression is maybe a lil bit much.. if you can open it up a bit more it will fill out the mids and top end better. It all sound a bit thin above the kick/bass region. Doing so will also let the synth that sweeps in be more audible.
Second one - This is nice too.. same issues as above though I'd say.. compression etc.

Just a lil sortin needed here and there.. but nicely done ;)

Mindful
18-07-2005, 05:48 AM
wHEN YOU SAY ABOUT COMPRESSION MR FIVE iM NOT SURE IF YOUR MEANING THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS IVE COMPRESSED OR THE OVERALL COMMPRESSION.iVE APLIED A SLIGHT BIT OF COMMPRESSION TO THE MAIN MIX BUT MY MASTERING SKILLS ARE STILL IN LEARNING STAGES(ALLTHO THEY ARE PROGGRESSING)
wHAT DO YOU SUGGEST GOT ANY TIPS/SETTINGS I COULD MAYBE TRY ON COMMPRESSING A FULL TRACK? IM JUST GOING OFF MY NOT SO EXPERT EARS AT THE MO.

Mindful
18-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Arggggh :rambo: fukking caps :doh:
sorry.

thanks for feedback and advice by the way Chris.

lau
21-07-2005, 11:17 AM
wasnt really into the first one..... I think xfive ment to say you need to put the compression on the kick down.. or just put it back in the mix... think the highs and mids will sound better than...

Liked the second one..!!! thats a phat basss..... think the mix can make it even phatter.. .get the high a bit more to the front and level the other sounds a bit..... maybe play a bit with the progression of the track a bit more too.. throw in some elements.. leave em out.... ( the track is 7.5 mins now.. think it would keep my attention longer if it was shorter.. ( :shock: hmmzz thats kinda sounds like a paradox to me :lol: )

ennieways.. work out your tracks man.. you've got some really nice loops going on... just put some more time in composing your loops together!! make em come more alive.. :rambo:

Mindful
24-07-2005, 08:50 PM
cheers Lau I think you got the first and the second one mixed up with the but anyways I think I need to get rid of a portion of the first one from the middle and shorten it in the middle(think I got a bit lazy and pressed ctrl and v a few too many times :lol: )
will look in to easing up the commpression and try to bring that middle out a bit more(somthing I had not noticed)

the second one im just gonna push to one side it was just somthing I did to stop the madness setting in while doing the other.

cheers peeps ;)

Mindful
24-07-2005, 08:54 PM
:lol: :doh: that first sentence makes no sense attall

278d7e64a374de26f==