PDA

View Full Version : DISTEK | F.A.T COLLECTIVE | CREATURES

fatcollective
18-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello all, heres a track ive had sitting on the harddrive for a while, gunna put it in the live set me thinks, let me know what ya think....

Cheerz

W

www.fatcollective.com/audio/distek/CREATURES.mp3

dan the acid man
18-07-2005, 01:59 PM
another good one, cant fault this at all.
it would definetly go down well in a live set

fatcollective
18-07-2005, 02:03 PM
thank you very muchly!! yes its defo goin in the live set!!, possibly the intro track as per the nice floaty start!
Thanx again m8!! ;)

Elvio Neto
18-07-2005, 08:01 PM
nice track man!!!! i love it!

no words for this.

Just great.

força amigo.

fatcollective
19-07-2005, 12:55 AM
thanks m8!! nice 1 ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
19-07-2005, 06:57 PM
loving this tune, would be great to get this out on vinyl maybe on mptf3??

fatcollective
19-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Possibly maybe!!... the choice is yourz!!

BRADLEE
19-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah this sounds pretty well funky and smooth for sure. Would be a perfect opener for a nice set in my opinion as well :clap:

Mixdown sounds really good to me as well, but I'm just in headphones.

fatcollective
20-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Nice 1 brad!! yea it definatly gunna be the intro!! july 30th ill be put to the test, first live (ish) set in a club!! hope 2 god the pc dont crash!!!

Thanx for the comments m8!! ;)

BRADLEE
20-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Nice 1 brad!! yea it definatly gunna be the intro!! july 30th ill be put to the test, first live (ish) set in a club!! hope 2 god the pc dont crash!!!

Cool Wayne, go and rock that show amigo. Best wishes to the Ableton set homie. If possible please record it and let me hear it. I'd love to check it out, but since I can't be out there, a recording would be the closest thing to experiancing it for me.

fatcollective
20-07-2005, 12:29 AM
yea no problemo!! ill be recording it for sure, ill post it up straight away!! ;)

A.P.
21-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Top stuff again wayne, good solid groove all the way and a wicked mix down.

Overall 10 out of 10 :cool: :cool: :cool:

fresh_an_funky_design
26-07-2005, 09:24 PM
had another listen to this really liking it!

fatcollective
27-07-2005, 04:08 PM
ive modified this track slightly, ive dragged out the beggining, & added sum vocals for the live set!! intro's sorted now, just hope the rest of it works ;)

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 07:42 PM
still sounds good to me

fresh_an_funky_design
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
this tune sounded ****ing awesome through the rig on the live pa!

dirty_bass
02-08-2005, 09:02 PM
this tune sounded **** awesome through the rig on the live pa!

Live PA or ableton? Everyone seems to be doing PA`s these days.

fatcollective
02-08-2005, 09:38 PM
abelton at the mo, one step at a time 4 me, i really got a good buzz out of doing it tho, kind of insight to the whole live p.a world!!! got plans for the next one, gunna incorporate the akai filterbank & some outboard effects. its all good tho, a refreshinf change from playing other peoples tracks.

dirty_bass
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
abelton at the mo, one step at a time 4 me, i really got a good buzz out of doing it tho, kind of insight to the whole live p.a world!!! got plans for the next one, gunna incorporate the akai filterbank & some outboard effects. its all good tho, a refreshinf change from playing other peoples tracks.

Well the problem with most peoples "live" ableton PA`s is that they just use it as a DJ module and mix their tracks and do nothing else.
Do you actually have everything split down, or are you just mixing with it?

fatcollective
02-08-2005, 09:43 PM
yup, split the tracks up, so i can effect different elements, also, bused them into different channels on the mixer & whacked a few loops to add to the effect. seriously enjoyed the whole thing tho, defo gunna work on this now, make it even better.

dirty_bass
02-08-2005, 09:51 PM
yup, split the tracks up, so i can effect different elements, also, bused them into different channels on the mixer & whacked a few loops to add to the effect. seriously enjoyed the whole thing tho, defo gunna work on this now, make it even better.

Yeah that`s the stuff.
Vsti implementation is supposed to be good as well.
Although I still think it looks like someone standing behind the decks checking emails :twisted:

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah, thats the problem i have with it, if you glance up at the artist, it just looks like youve stumbled into an office or something :doh:

fatcollective
02-08-2005, 09:58 PM

Yeah that`s the stuff.
Vsti implementation is supposed to be good as well.
Although I still think it looks like someone standing behind the decks checking emails :twisted:

thats true like, so did you actually have a listen to the track at all??

dirty_bass
02-08-2005, 11:05 PM
yeah sorry.

Production on this is nice again.
You guys all seem to use that triplet acid techno kick in place of a bassline, would be nice to hear something a bit more imaginative.
All the mid range elements and noises in this seem too muted though.
The kick is nice and defined and crisp, as are the hats, then all the mid range noises and voices are all muted and muffled except that one stab.
I`d get more definition and activity into the mid range.
Nice tune with good ideas but it sounds incomplete and doesn`t really get anywhere.

fatcollective
02-08-2005, 11:16 PM
well thanx for that m8, some good points made there as usuall from yourself, they will be taken into consideration, thanx for avin a listen ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==