PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool get Peter Crouch

phantomdj
19-07-2005, 06:14 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/LIST.ASP?HLID=292777&CPID=8

eter Crouch is travelling to Liverpool with a view to sealing a move to Anfield.

The Southampton striker, capped by England during the end-of-season tour of the United States, is to undergo a medical with the UEFA Champions League winners after being allowed to complete a dream switch.

Rafa Benitez is closing on getting all the pieces of his jigsaw with Real Madrid winger Luis Figo also a top target for the Spaniard.

Former Tottenham, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa and Portsmouth hit-man Crouch will cost in the region of £7 million and will sign a four-year contract if he passes his medical.

A number of Premiership clubs were trailing the lanky marksman, who enjoyed a fine season last term.

"What's special about him is he's 6ft 8ins," Saints boss Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "That's probably the most special thing.

"He's got terrific touch, he's good in the air, has a good understanding of the game and is a fantastic player. He's a good lad and has not been a minute's problem even when this has been going on.

"He's had Liverpool [after him] and many players would have thrown their dummies out of the pram but he's come in every day, worked hard and been a fantastic example to everybody.

"This is the second time I've sold him - I sold him at Portsmouth for £5 million, so maybe I'll meet him again and sell him again!

"I wish him well and I'm sure he'll be a big success at Liverpool."

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 06:24 PM
haha sorry but he aint worth a shirt at a club like liverpool .....

Traxx
19-07-2005, 06:38 PM
TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Absolute waste of space. White emile heskey. Fukin donkey.

At least beattie is gonna have a bit of competition for the biggest waste of money on striker award. Gutted about this to be honest he aint fit for the shirt.

phantomdj
19-07-2005, 06:47 PM
we will see... u never know...

i think he will do ok.. depends on the type of service.. but i reckon he will score a few set pieces ... which is what we need

nick_anarchy
19-07-2005, 06:52 PM
service .. well if its anythink like normal .. he will be out the door by christmas ..

basslinejunkie
19-07-2005, 07:14 PM
were swappin one donkey for another (baros for crouch)

gutted :cry:

Traxx
19-07-2005, 07:27 PM
service .. well if its anythink like normal

Basically.

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2005, 12:05 AM
if you aint gettin anywhere with the passing lark,lump up to the prick!

dee
20-07-2005, 12:09 AM
great singing that :shutup:

basslinejunkie
20-07-2005, 12:43 AM
yup,next were signing the cream of the 2nd divison,to rivial your major signing from stoke ;)

Esox Lucius
20-07-2005, 08:29 AM
:lol:

crouch, i wouldnt want him at the blues, one season wonder.

Esox Lucius
20-07-2005, 08:29 AM
he wont hack at at the shite.

DJ RE:HAB
20-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Well he could just turn out alirght, he holds the ball up well, which is what we need, hes difficult to defend against, which is another plus, and hes good in the air, and for a tall lad hes quite good with his feet.

Obviously benitez has put some thought into this before buying. Just becuase we have bought doesnt mean hell start all games..

Benitez is renowned for liking his tall strikers anyhow, as he had in valencia, and he didnt do too bad there did he..

Traxx
20-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Well he could just turn out alirght, he holds the ball up well, which is what we need, hes difficult to defend against, which is another plus, and hes good in the air, and for a tall lad hes quite good with his feet.

Sounds like what they were saying about heskey & look what a useless piece of shit he turned out to be. I dont go in for all this "he holds the ball up well" bollox. He's a striker for fuks sake there there to score goals & win you games. He's moaning about baros only gettin 13 saying it not good enough then he goes & pays 7 mill for a player who only scored 3 more then him. He is gonna be a turkey & a half him. Waste of money.

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2005, 12:44 PM
wasnt it about a season or so ago,crouch was getting loaned out to QPR,cos he was that awful at villa?

weve just signed a big lanky piece of turd in shefki kuqi,jesus knows what this clowns gonna be like,thankfully we didnt pay a penny for him.

phantomdj
20-07-2005, 01:22 PM
wow hang on a second... crouch might have only scored 3 more, but then look at what team that was for!! a relegated one!

Traxx
20-07-2005, 01:41 PM
What had he done the 3 seasons previous? errrr.....errrrm....ill think of something.....nope...fuk all

Esox Lucius
20-07-2005, 01:58 PM
waste

of

good

money

just like fernando flopientes.

beattie will come good for us this season though ;)

Traxx
20-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Hahah...yeah :doh:

phantomdj
20-07-2005, 03:24 PM
What had he done the 3 seasons previous? errrr.....errrrm....ill think of something.....nope...fuk all

we will see how he performs for liverpool.. he will get more supply and is part of a better team... as long as he gets the supply... if he doesnt score, then you can say he was a bad signing... if he doesnt get the supply... then its not his fault... if he does get the suppyl and scores many goals.. then you can send him an apology note ;)

french_og
20-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Morientes is gonna score loads this season, he was the best striker in Europe the season before last and it was only due to sitting the bench for half a season at madrid last season that he never made a imediate impact at Liverpool.

As for Crouch, can´t believe they have paid 7 million for him, ok its not a bad player to have as 3rd of 4th striker (behind Morientes and Cisse) but think thats a lot of money for him.

Will
21-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah, Morientes is class, though you wonder if he had something to prove that season and was more motivated than he would otherwise be. Plus he's in a different league now.

nick_anarchy
22-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Morientes aint even their 12st choise striker

nick_anarchy
22-07-2005, 06:22 AM
i ment 1st

Richierush
22-07-2005, 03:06 PM
when liverpool seem to be goin in the right direction they buy him :lol: :lol: :lol:

french_og
22-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Of course he is the 1st choice for next season, what a stupid comment.

jam
22-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Despite looking like a Quintin Blake drawing Peter Crouch is actaully a good player.

278d7e64a374de26f==