PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Wilson labels now uploaded to track-it-down

Heroes
20-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Just to let you know we have now joined www.trackitdown.net to keep all you non vinyl junkies happy, here you can download tracks from all glenns labels, plus exclusive tracks......due to the size of the back catalog it will take ome time to upload it all. so remember to keep returning to see whats new.....

MITA
20-07-2005, 06:36 PM
nice...but i still like vinyl more!

Heroes
20-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Me to a thousand %, but you gotta cater for this way too. especially when theres no scope to even release electronic cds these days unless you are part of a power organisation thats got a promotion army behind you.

BRADLEE
20-07-2005, 09:39 PM
agreed, gotta get it out there no matter how. Even if vinyl is the preferred media, many are going to MP3 and other formats. So might as well make it available for them as well.

Komplex
24-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Hehe, never thought I'd see the day. Will definatley grab a few tracks :)

fatcollective
25-07-2005, 12:19 AM
gotta get it out there no matter how. Even if vinyl is the preferred media, many are going to MP3 and other formats. So might as well make it available for them as well.

Agreed. Its no good sticking your head in the sand if you want to continue being able to release quality techno. You gotta cater for all of the market.
The techno scene is sadly not big enough to be picky about how you purvey your material. MP3 selling on trackitdown is something we've been doing with More Punk Than Funk and so far it seems to be working out pretty well. Getting the sales on TID with no obvious bad effect on vinyl turnover.

Komplex
25-07-2005, 01:06 AM
MP3 selling on trackitdown is something we've been doing with More Punk Than Funk and so far it seems to be working out pretty well. Getting the sales on TID with no obvious bad effect on vinyl turnover.

Thats the thing, the people that want to buy vinyl will buy it. The people that hate vinyl will pirate it because theres no other format. Put it on another format and half the pirates will pay for it. Gotta stop deluding about the importance of vinyl these days. It's not so cool with the new generation and is nothing but a backache even for labels.

Heroes
25-07-2005, 02:24 PM
i know there are nice clean places out there to download stuff for free, but equally theres these virus knobs that are attaching all kinds of stuff to files in a way to spread there poison. persoanlly id rather support the artist in return that it helps them keep going. id rather pay 99p for the track than spend a whole loads of grief and pain getting my computer back to how it was before after a virus cleaned the hd.....

ive been lucky i dont doubt it, ive been able to buy cubase from 3.5, logic from a version i find it hard to remember and ableton from the start, id hope to think its my that backing which is keeping these people going

278d7e64a374de26f==