PDA

View Full Version : 41 - The Divide and Johnny Vella (rude boys)

The Divide
21-07-2005, 02:20 AM
http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/pics/MANG.JPG (http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/41.mp3)

This isnt finished :lol:

EmotionComplex
21-07-2005, 02:21 AM
muhahah love the photo

downloading now

EmotionComplex
21-07-2005, 02:32 AM
yeah im liking this so far guys, i had to minimize the window while i was listening though because that photo was too distracting alongside the music :lol:

but serously this is sounding good upto now, i really like the crunchyness going on, nice gritty quality to some of the sounds.
i like how it gets more menacing at 4:00 onwards too

i look forward to hearing the finished thing :)

Mindful
21-07-2005, 04:02 AM
:shock: wow thats realy cool.
A big dirty filthy piece of jacking techno mmmmmmmmmm.
kin hell I was happy with the groove as it was now the bass line has come in lurvely.
proper piece of techno that.Id stomp to that.

Your gonna have to start your own label or somthing Dan cause your stuffs unlike any other.

Mindful
21-07-2005, 04:03 AM
:lol: like the picture too you look dope

John Vella
21-07-2005, 05:34 AM
yea I think we're gonna have the funkier groove & bassline that starts it come back at the end of the track to give the tune some better closure and symetry.

But that is up for discussion with Bananas in Pijamas as well as Barney. We must obey them.

;)

-John V

The Overfiend
21-07-2005, 05:53 AM
you back in the uk johnny?

John Vella
21-07-2005, 06:10 AM
I just got back to Canada Monday Antonio.

-j

The Overfiend
21-07-2005, 07:18 AM
That's dope, I'll be back on Msn in a few days, literally finally.
You know I'm loving this track.
This is just as dope as your first collab.
How about an ep from you two already.
Stop F*ckin around and demo some schitt out!

The Overfiend
21-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you are taking the piss a lil though.
With the vocal elements.
But Still none the less the rhythm is all in the right place for a Chicago
jackish.

Ladius
21-07-2005, 10:57 PM
i like the way that track is going so far :)

Cheers guys !

BRADLEE
21-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Pretty dope Dano!!!! Gotta love that Skinned Cd as well homie :clap:

Although, man I know you are way more capable. The beat and all that is tight, but that vocal could be less used I think. Just doesn't seem to fit your normal production. :eh:

Tyrisia
21-07-2005, 11:19 PM
That track'll make money, it's not bad at all, in fact pretty bloody good!

love the vocals, work a treat, and it's as phat as. :clap:

dirty_bass
24-07-2005, 11:45 PM
This ****in` rocks.
Phat and chunky, full of funk and hard as nails.
1st bit of 4 to the floor I`ve liked for ages.

Sorry I couldn`t meet up wit you guys, what with travel troubles and work getting in the way, the only spare time I had, I needed to sort out my new live pa :cry:

xfive
26-07-2005, 01:55 AM
Wahey this is cool! Phonky as hell :clap: :clap:

180mph
26-07-2005, 02:15 AM
this kicks some serious ass... loved the production - gritty and dirty as hell. definitly made its way into my set for a while :clap:

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 02:19 AM
definitly made its way into my set for a while :clap:

I would ask permission to play this in a set, it`s only polite.

180mph
26-07-2005, 02:23 AM

i hardly think a local club in dublin that holds about 100 at most constitutes serious breach of artistic copyright. Most of us are just happy enough to get our shit out there... you seriously need to relax man.

180mph
26-07-2005, 02:34 AM

i hardly think a local club in dublin that holds about 100 at most constitutes serious breach of artistic copyright. Most of us are just happy enough to get our shit out there... you seriously need to relax man.

sorry man... 3 am... im gettin tired and grumpy :roll:

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 02:39 AM

Yeah, it`s still doing the right thing by asking.

180mph
26-07-2005, 02:44 AM

dont think im bothered now... you've taken all the fun out of it :cry:

xfive
26-07-2005, 03:25 AM

dont think im bothered now... you've taken all the fun out of it :cry:

Oh good lord. :roll:

If you are going to play something at least ask someone.

But I guess not everyone is polite.

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 08:55 AM
its out of respect that you ask the person, this is an unreleased track by someone and copyright is an issue wether your playing it to 100 people or 1 person

asking before you play it is only fair

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 12:09 PM
its out of respect that you ask the person, this is an unreleased track by someone and copyright is an issue wether your playing it to 100 people or 1 person

Totally, and now the guy has gone all sarcastic about it in other posts.
Sounds like a taker to me.
The stuff in this forum is being posted by producers for production advice and critique, it`s not there to be leeched and played.
If someone does want to play any of this out it`s only common courtesy to ask.
Especially as some of it may be released, and said producers may wish to wait for promo`s to be made before deciding who gets exclusive pre release plays.
I think in most cases, most of us would say yes, but the politeness is in the asking.

180mph
26-07-2005, 12:18 PM

Totally, and now the guy has gone all sarcastic about it in other posts.
Sounds like a taker to me.
The stuff in this forum is being posted by producers for production advice and critique, it`s not there to be leeched and played.
If someone does want to play any of this out it`s only common courtesy to ask.
Especially as some of it may be released, and said producers may wish to wait for promo`s to be made before deciding who gets exclusive pre release plays.
I think in most cases, most of us would say yes, but the politeness is in the asking.

oh so i'm a taker... and offering to do a mix to put on this site is just taking is it? i didn't do a mix, i "asked" if anyone would mind, and not only that i wasn't hosting it myself, i "asked" could anyone else host it. so its hardly gonna be available to anyone at all, but i dont think i'll bother. there are obviously too many ego's around here.
seems a shame you've all lost sight of what techno/party music is actually about.

Thanx F.A.T for offering to host, much appreciated.

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 12:26 PM

180mph
26-07-2005, 12:27 PM

i "asked" if anyone would mind

The Divide
26-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Yea he’s right, some people don’t want half finished tracks to be played out. Me personally I’m not that arsed but I would have preferred you waited 180mph. There are some tracks I have half worked on which I wouldn’t want people playing out because of some obvious production/mix down errors too.

Never the less I’m glad people are liking this, I haven’t even touched it since I posted it up as I am in the middle of moving home. Will get back on it when I get relocated tho

Oh yea and the vocal is overused

180mph
26-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Yea he’s right, some people don’t want half finished tracks to be played out. Me personally I’m not that arsed but I would have preferred you waited 180mph. There are some tracks I have half worked on which I wouldn’t want people playing out because of some obvious production/mix down errors too.

Never the less I’m glad people are liking this, I haven’t even touched it since I posted it up as I am in the middle of moving home. Will get back on it when I get relocated tho

Oh yea and the vocal is overused

i totally understand that some people dont want half finished tracks played out, but when self important a**holes start calling me a leech (when i'm tripping over vinyl in my spare room) i get angry. but like i said in an earlier post, i'm not gonna bother with the mix now. it obviously wouldn't be appreciated.

The Divide
26-07-2005, 12:41 PM
No go ahead I will let you off :lol:

180mph
26-07-2005, 12:45 PM

no man seriously i'm not putting anything public on this site at the moment...

as chris liberator said on the cover of set fire

"home taping is killing the music industry... about f**kin time..."

BloodStar
26-07-2005, 02:22 PM
like it. :clap: love the work you did on vocals, gr8 grooves. production sounds very good.. maybe that sound which starts around 3.46 is little too compressed.and plays too loud, to me, probalby ok.. nice track.

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 05:58 PM
your acting like a complete baby, its hilarious

ego's? people couldnt get ego's round here if they tried mate, because some cunt would tell them to knock it off haha, its no good coming on here with all this aggressiveness it really doesnt wash

there's an issue of respect and politeness thats obviously going way over your head, probably because your bent over picking up vinyl, but anyways....

its simple, as Steve said, tracks are posted here for people to get other peoples opinions on production, its not the "Techno Tracks To Play Out Willy Nilly" forum is it? people put stuff up here where they are maybe just trying out new compression techniques, a new reverb and have a 3 minute track that they have no intention of playing out, so its only fair to be a bit miffed if suddenly someone plays it out without asking

really :roll: ;)

The Divide
26-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Im looking forward to seeing Scott as the new host for 'the weakest link'

Acid tongue boy

You have a point tho

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 09:25 PM
haha

"180bpm you are the weakest link, GOODBYE!"

;)

xfive
26-07-2005, 09:27 PM
haha

"180bpm you are the weakest link, GOODBYE!"

;)

So that's where those links went...

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 09:30 PM
hahaha :lol:

NinjaTechno
26-07-2005, 10:34 PM
i like this tune its groovin like mad :twisted:

detfella
02-08-2005, 12:17 PM
...and the dust settles :lol:

Not been able to work this with moving house. All is good now tho, should be churning out some more and some collabs shortly. This has been altered a fair bit

Link (http://www.algorhythms.co.uk/allsorts/FURN/41_06MAMP3.mp3)

Thanks hombres ;)

detfella
02-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Shit im signed in as detfella :neutral: :eh:

hmmmmmmmmm this could be fun

NinjaTechno
02-08-2005, 12:21 PM
just grabbing this =)

NinjaTechno
02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
sounds diffo from first version :clap:

nice sample am sure ive heard it on drumcode that "bombing" dunno i might be talking shite :crackup:

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 07:38 PM

no man seriously i'm not putting anything public on this site at the moment...

as chris liberator said on the cover of set fire

"home taping is killing the music industry... about f**kin time..."

yeah, and im sure he'd be really pleased if everybody went out and downloaded all the new clusters, suf, max min tunes instead of paying for them. :doh:

anyway, forget all that, this tune rocks, love the old sonar blip, nice disco sample, great percussion as ever, fat as a fat thing bassline, nice edits, this could turn into a classic record imo, no pressure lads :lol:

Mindful
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
DL now will have a jack to it later when I get home yer minge.
The first one you posted was great lads.

The Divide
02-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Worse or better?

my co producer doesnt agree with the changes :doh:

Traxx
02-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Dunno they both take the piss to be honest :clap:

John Vella
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Yea I think much of what made the first groove we had so funky and jackin' have been taken out of the newer version.

I personally think this strips it of its personality.

Furn we'll have to consult Ufesa. He'll know what to do.

:lol:

-j

NinjaTechno
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Dunno they both take the piss to be honest :clap:

yeah both are good ive just listened to both back 2 back,very hard to say which is better cos both equally different and good.solution - keep both :!:

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
oh right, missed the second version as it said detfella, will check it out in a bit and let you know which one i prefer

Mindful
02-08-2005, 11:08 PM
just had a sneeky listen at my sisters the second one is super fly and sounds realy phat alltho it has lost its jakking funky nature for sure.
there both fat finish them both I say as separate traks ;)

The Divide
02-08-2005, 11:11 PM
or perhaps rework it into something else....

The Divide
02-08-2005, 11:14 PM
....Using bits from both

Me personally I dont like the previous bass and high rhythm section, the bass sounds hollow and the highs have a really FM digital noise sound. I dont mind its identity

...and maybe theres a load of shit that doesn't belong in the 2nd version

Tyrisia
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
The second ain't as good, but could be a useful b side, bit harder and alot more linear.

I'd say go back to the first n make minor tweaks to bass etc, if u feel u need to, but that one would rock any serious house AND techno club, so would have a much wider appeal. So in short, perfect, but don't change.

Mindful
03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
After having a proper listen im liking the newer version more
would rock any good techno dancefloor no doubt.

Barely Human
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Liking the new version, sounding cool man. I think you need to back off the compression tho, the kick sounds like its been squashed under my mums arse...

dan the acid man
04-08-2005, 12:05 AM
i like the new version too, but its not as good as the original imo, its a whole different feeling track now, which works well, would probably be a good idea if you have a version you both work on, then maybe have one each you tweak on your own, or would that be overkill

278d7e64a374de26f==