Anyone now what's up with tune inn?
The website has been closed for about 3 day's now! Feel lost without it! :lol:

Si the Sigh
21-07-2005, 07:43 AM
No idea. Not been on there this week...

RDR
21-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Tune Inn is no more.

I knew pete when he was running this as a business out of his bedroom at his mums and he quickly moved the business into several phases including running four labels and two off-shoots including an american label.

I count Pete as a friend and am sad to see that this has happened, but as he said himself, the market is pretty crap at the moment and digital downloading and MP3/CD DJ's have killed the vinyl market.

I think we owe Pete a debt of thanks (especially in Selby where we all live) for providing a decent northern hub for dance music.

Pete, Dean and Phil Walls have all played a part in running the shop over the years and no doubt those of you who shopped there have spoken to them more than once over the years. I am pleased to report that Dean and Phil have got other jobs elsewhere and life continues for them.

On a positive note Pete has many DJing commitments worldwide and will be going in that direction with an important release on a VERY well known label scheduled for relsease soemtime in the coming year [watch this space]

I for one am gutted for him, i know how much effort he put into the place. Times are hard and getting harder for vinyl retailers, it begs the quiestion, what next?

OVer the last ten years i have bought a lot of tunes there and spent many a stoned afternoon browsing and chatting with the lads there and i know that it was responsible for getting more than a few DJ gigs for chris gawtry and DJ Swiv. A lost resource.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WELL DONE PETE! GOOD LUCK WITH THE FUTURE CHIEF! BWENT!

MARK NEENAN
21-07-2005, 08:09 AM
OMG, Shocked! :roll: They have only just got the new site up & running and they had a shed load of restock's!

I used to deal with chris over the phone, he was very helpfull and used to pick me out some absolut blinders! :rambo:

Anyway good luck to them all!

Does this mean the labels have stopprd aswell? Ying yang was getting rather good!

MARK NEENAN
21-07-2005, 08:11 AM
What about all the stock they had in the shop?
Selling them off cheap at all? :eh: :lol:

Si the Sigh
21-07-2005, 08:26 AM
No way...Shocking news!

Cheap vinyl? :?:

RDR
21-07-2005, 10:24 AM
half price on all vinyl.

But you're gonna have to get there personally. no phone or web orders.

I got a load of electro downtempo as am playing backrooms in slovenia next month.

end of an era.

detfella
21-07-2005, 10:26 AM
:shock:

can't believe it,

Jay Sanders
21-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Gutted... Tuneinn was w great online shop.... Welldone to all that had input in such a great shop and im sure as techno buyers we will miss it very much.

Hopefully Yin Yang will push on to be even bigger and have great success.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dan the acid man
21-07-2005, 11:41 AM
sh*T, that was my favourite shop, gutted :cry:

daviec
21-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh that's bad news. I bought a lot of stuff from them. :cry:

killarava2day
21-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Wow!

What can you say to that?

Tune Inn was quite popular all over the world really?

:clap:

RDR
21-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I'll pass them on to Pete.

Im sure it'll cheer him up.

marginmaster
21-07-2005, 02:02 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

all the best

The Germ
21-07-2005, 02:12 PM
WOW!

My sandess is deep!

Good luck to Phil and Pete

anx
21-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi

I would like you to know that Tune Inn has today gone in to voluntary
liquidation.. (We have gone bust!!).

The Mp3 race has caught up with us and unfortunately seems like it may well be
the end for vinyl.

I would like to thank you all for being great customers. It has been a great 9
Years and we have all had the best times of our lives doing what we did.

Thanks again

Pete Gawtry

this is a sad day. i've been with them for 5 years. what am i going to do now?! my favorite website is done for!

****, what a thing to wake up too.

jonnyspeed
22-07-2005, 12:52 AM

honestly, buy your tunes in Germany. Even Uk relases are only £5.50 on mport - German stuff is like £4.00. If you buy over 100 euro at one go you get postage free. I use www.music-head.de. They order stuff in for you - if its not stocked and in 2 years I've always had every package on time, in perfect condition. the odd faulty press has been replaced for free without sending back the original. opens your mind to a massive range of european techno - a quality way past 80% of UK releases, imho. They also lump all techno together so you get to listen to a wider range of tunes than all UK stores I've used except Juno. Humpty-Stuttart.de and deejay.de are exellent too.

jonnyspeed
22-07-2005, 01:02 AM
sorry to hear that tuneinn has gone down. i'm interested in the true impact of CD and MP3. I only really see hard dance/trance DJs playing CDs but the creep must moving them into every genre? I've got some stuff off bleep.com, but only because its deleted. The other reality must be that DJs are generally not very well paid so without a day job its just got to be more profitable as a career to use downloads and CDs? The sheer price difference especially on imports vs. europe is a real shame. I just can not justify paying £8-9 for an import every time, over a month that can be quite a few records.

The Overfiend
22-07-2005, 02:07 AM
:cry:

MARK NEENAN
22-07-2005, 05:24 AM

honestly, buy your tunes in Germany. Even Uk relases are only £5.50 on mport - German stuff is like £4.00. If you buy over 100 euro at one go you get postage free. I use www.music-head.de. They order stuff in for you - if its not stocked and in 2 years I've always had every package on time, in perfect condition. the odd faulty press has been replaced for free without sending back the original. opens your mind to a massive range of european techno - a quality way past 80% of UK releases, imho. They also lump all techno together so you get to listen to a wider range of tunes than all UK stores I've used except Juno. Humpty-Stuttart.de and deejay.de are exellent too.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. :cool:

dirty_bass
22-07-2005, 10:20 AM
:shock:

Times are hard and getting harder.

The Overfiend
22-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Looks like it all around!

detfella
22-07-2005, 11:56 PM
he says mp3 age killed tune inn? how come he didnt start an mp3 online shop? is there really any money in that either?? i can't but think i'd still prefer an actual vinyl/product over an mp3 any day.

has anyone got numbers of sales for either format and willing to share?

anyways, best of luck to pete and dean in their new missions (& the others i didnt know)..

dan the acid man
23-07-2005, 12:15 AM
he says mp3 age killed tune inn? how come he didnt start an mp3 online shop? is there really any money in that either?? i can't but think i'd still prefer an actual vinyl/product over an mp3 any day.

has anyone got numbers of sales for either format and willing to share?

anyways, best of luck to pete and dean in their new missions (& the others i didnt know)..

i think they did start selling downloads, but i think they're on about illegal downloads anyway

MARKEG
23-07-2005, 05:30 AM
this is so bad, i reallly send my best out to pete and dean and everyone.

RDR
23-07-2005, 09:49 AM
this is so bad, i reallly send my best out to pete and dean and everyone.

Spoke to dean yesterday and he's starting work in accountancy, phil will be working in a DJ tech shop in knottingly.

when i see them ill pass your comments on, im sure they'll be pleased.

Paul Zykotik
23-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I can't believe this, what with the recent overhaul I thought things were going okay for them. Great customer service and what I really liked was the fact they put up decent clips of tunes, rather than 40 second nonsense.

Sorry to see it go.

FUSION
23-07-2005, 03:08 PM
gutted bout this been shoping there for years really harsh :neutral: best of luck guys

pedrod
23-07-2005, 07:15 PM
thanks guys

gutted myself

will carry on producing and djing as my pedro delgardo guise full time i guess..

sorry to all of my customers.. i loved you all, you was all 'the best'
im going to miss my baby .. guess the scene's moving and evolving...

as to what someone else put... we did start doing dd but we was too late and how can you compete with a wesite design company building a dd website (beatport.com)

anyway ..

thanks to all of you

Pete Gawtry

pedrod
23-07-2005, 07:54 PM
by the way .. im helping sell of all the equipment and records for the liquidators..

SO ....

if you want some CHEAP VINYL .. come and be @ Tune Inn on wednesday (28th) for half price clearence.... on ya techno and all other 'brands'

P

rotten
23-07-2005, 08:46 PM

try www.web-records.com ! they're based in germany as well and have great conditions. records are about 5 or 6 british pounds i think. in germany between 6,80 and 7,50 euros. all in 1st quality! package as well. you can also pay via paypal.
bought there loads of my records because record shops in germany getting less. it's a sad way the scene is moving like...

rotten
23-07-2005, 08:49 PM
btw it's a pretty trendy mailorder with an ugly website design but they have everything to good prices! english version clickable.

Traxx
23-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Only problem with web-records (at least when ive tried to use it) is that the advertise stock that they havent got which in my experience is allot.

FUSION
23-07-2005, 10:36 PM

try www.web-records.com ! they're based in germany as well and have great conditions. records are about 5 or 6 british pounds i think. in germany between 6,80 and 7,50 euros. all in 1st quality! package as well. you can also pay via paypal.
bought there loads of my records because record shops in germany getting less. it's a sad way the scene is moving like...

rotten how do you pay via paypal it is only giving me the credit card or bank transfer option

rotten
24-07-2005, 07:57 AM
i gave them mail if can pay via paypal. they agreed and i got the details. that was all...
anyway bank transfer should be quick and transparent as well aye? :eh:

DJPAUZE
25-07-2005, 06:44 PM
This is such a sad deal. Tune Inn was and will always be my favorite online record shop. I have known Dean, Phil an Pete for quite some time now. They have always put records aside for me whenever I sent them mail and always held them for an extensive amount of time so that I wouldn't be wasting my money on postage every week.
I think this goes to show how the market really is nowadays. I am finding it really hard myself running Hardsignal Records as it is really hard to find artists to do tracks. Artists are still demanding big money for their work. Nowadays your lucky if you sell 500 records. I don't know I guess I just wish we could all ge along with one another and help each other out. I really don't think that anyone except for the super big heavy hitters is generating alot of money with their names so why is it that everyone demands huge bucks? Am I acting selfish or ignorant? I'm not saying that we shouldn't be rewarded for our hard work but doesn't record promotion help generate bookings which pay better? Or would the artist prefer to drive the label in the ground because of asking for money and not have anywhere else to put out records......
By the way, I would like to thank all of the artists that have helped out with Hardsignal and pray to god that we don't eventually go bust.

Good luck to Pete, Dean and Phil, you guys have always rocked!

RIP Tune Inn

Pauze :twisted:

gunjack
25-07-2005, 07:12 PM
well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.

RDR
25-07-2005, 07:20 PM
well i have to say something here. i dont know these guys personally but i am GLAD they closed.... why? because those fools SELL MY PROMOS. selling promos online is gross. those were sent for PROMOTIONAL USE and u F*CKERS have no right to sell em.

Dont be a daft (insert stronger word here) so you are telling me that all record shops dont sell promos on except tune inn? or are you just grandstanding because it makes you look good? (which it doesnt.)

Those promo's get given out for free because they are a promotional tool, what happens after that is extremely hard to control, why on earth do you think that you need to say something like that? Im pretty sure you feel aggrieved DM but how do you propose to stop this practice?

Or did i get it wrong, you meant record shops in general?

Or is it that in an age where people are having to penny pinch because deadlines are tight that you feel tight enough to moan about 4 or 5 promo records? As for bloody promo's themselves yes they demand a higher price as DJs want em earlier...

words fail me. I dont like what you said. I dont think it serves a purpose other than to make yourself look like what.. i dont really know.

RDR
25-07-2005, 07:23 PM
and as for being glad... im not, not because i know them, but because another part of YOUR scene is gone.

go and knit or something.

dan the acid man
25-07-2005, 07:27 PM

every record shop sells promos

dirty_bass
25-07-2005, 07:33 PM

Hooray, one less place selling your records, that`s not really a clever attitude is it?

FUSION
25-07-2005, 07:45 PM
i gave them mail if can pay via paypal. they agreed and i got the details. that was all...
anyway bank transfer should be quick and transparent as well aye? :eh:

I got my own ebay business so paypal is loads easier cos thats where all my money is :clap: cheers rottster

FUSION
25-07-2005, 07:47 PM

dont think you should slagg the tune in boys like that GJ as like dan said ALL (uk anyway) record shop sells promos, but I do agree with you that it isnt right, defo not to mark up the prices , they should be given out for free as they are intended :clap:

kai_1
25-07-2005, 07:50 PM

That really is the most pathetic thing I have ever read!

Komplex
26-07-2005, 01:06 AM
If you send a record to a shop, it will get sold, promo or not. Send them posters of you instead ;)

RDR
26-07-2005, 08:11 AM
If you send a record to a shop, it will get sold, promo or not. Send them posters of you instead ;)

Man if i did that they could use em as burglar deterents.

:rambo: :twisted:

dan the acid man
26-07-2005, 10:52 AM

Man if i did that they could use em as burglar deterents.

:rambo: :twisted:

hahaha :lol: :lol:

gunjack
26-07-2005, 06:24 PM
"pathetic"? whatever there guy!!! JAXX NEVER SOLD PROMOS. ESPECIALLIY ONLINE. just because a practice is common doesnt make it ok! you kids go on calling names and talking shit but i say rest in peace to a site that sold my promos illegally and months before the release. in that respect, ppl could theoretically buy promos before my releases come out and post mp3s on soulseek. these kids on soulseek have my records before they even come out. i dont like that. i do 20 or 30 promos and send em to artists, if they somehow end up in the hands of tune inn and then i fins them FOR SALE ON THE WEB i am pissed.

just because you little namecalling internet know-it-alls think this is ok, does not make this acceptable. think bout it. does juno sell promos online? how about hardwax? sattellite? this practice of selling promos to the public online, months and months before the release is just crap. varella, myself and others have been planning action against these guys for months. CV even got coxy's lawyers to handle publishing disputes EXACTLY like this.

"pathetic"? pathetic is shady business practices being defended by the lot of you because "everybody does it. maybe some of you know these guys personally but should that effect the logic behind clean biz????

gunjack
26-07-2005, 06:28 PM
mark eg - lets get your take on this

mark eg- lets also get an edit button dammit

oldbugger
26-07-2005, 06:48 PM
well if your sending 20-30 promos out and they are ending in in shops perhaps your are sending them to the wrong people :eh:

surely :eh:

dan the acid man
26-07-2005, 06:49 PM
maybe those shops mentioned didnt sell promos online, but i'd take a wise guess that they still sold promos over the counter.

i agree, its not supposed to be done, and i can see why you'd be pissed, especially as you say, people maybe able to then download your latest releases illegally before its hit the shops.

But to say your glad this shop has closed down is a little nieve, im looking at the bigger picture here, and if a massive shop like tune in has had to shut, im slightly worried about the rest of the dance music shops.

You also say you only ever gave promos out to artists, is this correct, so your saying you didnt give any to tune inn.

if so, then surely your gripe must be with the people who are selling them to the shop in the first place

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 06:50 PM
i dont agree with what Gunny said at all as im sad to see Tuneinn gone, but i 100% agree with him that they shouldnt have been selling his promo's, or anyones for that matter... of course alot of shops do it but i hand on heart have never purchased a promo as they are given out free and to sell them on is wrong, morally... of course people are gonna buy em and enjoy getting records first, cheaper etc but i know i wouldnt like to see one of my promos for sale somewhere before the actual release is cut and in the shops, it kinda defeats the purpose of a promo in the first place does it not?

tough subject, money over morals

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 06:55 PM
But to say your glad this shop has closed down is a little nieve, im looking at the bigger picture here, and if a massive shop like tune in has had to shut, im slightly worried about the rest of the dance music shops.

that`s what I`m talking about. This is bad shit, and a few promo`s (like 1 or 2) selling for a few quid is hardly the end of the world. You gave em away so forget about em. Blame the people passing the promo`s on.
But in the big picture, a big shop like this going down is another blow that will have a more detrimental effect over all to everybodies record sales.

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 07:00 PM
i know alot of Djs who take unwanted promo's to local second hand stores etc and sell them on, apparently common practice, ive never done it personally, but obviously the blame lies with pracitce's such as this

DJPAUZE
26-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I think this is one of the reasons that I dont like things like final scratch. Pirating is becoming a big problem. It's running our beautiful warm vinyl into the ground slowly.

killarava2day
27-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Only problem with web-records (at least when ive tried to use it) is that the advertise stock that they havent got which in my experience is allot.

They've finally got stock indicators...incredibly, they're always out of stock with new stock though?

rotten
27-07-2005, 07:56 AM
"pathetic"? whatever there guy!!! JAXX NEVER SOLD PROMOS. ESPECIALLIY ONLINE. just because a practice is common doesnt make it ok! you kids go on calling names and talking shit but i say rest in peace to a site that sold my promos illegally and months before the release. in that respect, ppl could theoretically buy promos before my releases come out and post mp3s on soulseek. these kids on soulseek have my records before they even come out. i dont like that. i do 20 or 30 promos and send em to artists, if they somehow end up in the hands of tune inn and then i fins them FOR SALE ON THE WEB i am pissed.

just because you little namecalling internet know-it-alls think this is ok, does not make this acceptable. think bout it. does juno sell promos online? how about hardwax? sattellite? this practice of selling promos to the public online, months and months before the release is just crap. varella, myself and others have been planning action against these guys for months. CV even got coxy's lawyers to handle publishing disputes EXACTLY like this.

"pathetic"? pathetic is shady business practices being defended by the lot of you because "everybody does it. maybe some of you know these guys personally but should that effect the logic behind clean biz????
ok now, everybody in the world is a none-nothing-kid except you boss! you're always moanin and causing trouble but hey, it's YOUR business who gets your ****in promos!? :doh:

RDR
27-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Can i ask a question and i would like a truthful answer to it.

Firstly chief.

1. did you ever send your promo records to tune inn?
2. did you ever find that someone had sold them on?
3. What exact name and label do you record under?

"Theoretically" Put your M3's on soul seek...? did this ACTUALLY ever happen?

And BTW - i think i said you should go knitting and that you are daft.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on this matter - however i think you could have made the same point without being so aggro.

Also im interested in the action planned by Vallera, yourself and others? any chance we could have somoe more details as it affects us all...?

Thank you.

RDR
27-07-2005, 08:39 AM
If i can confirm what you have alleged regarding tune inn then perhaps we can have some clarity here. Im not sure i can, but if you want to talk legal action perhaps you should be a little less FREE with allegations

Including the word IF does not make it any less of an allegation BTW.

RDR
27-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I will be more than happy to ask phil if they ever got your promo records in, if you are right then perhaps we can move this discussion forward. I cannot confirm or deny the potential truth of what you are saying right now, and there is a chance (because the shop is now closed and the recievers are in) that paperwork can be examined.

However i can speak to phil and dean and ask them. thats the best i can do.

dan the acid man
27-07-2005, 10:45 AM
nevermind the inspectors, you should change your name to the solicitors :lol: :lol:

RDR
27-07-2005, 11:25 AM
nevermind the inspectors, you should change your name to the solicitors :lol: :lol:

Cool, everytime i post i can charge BOA 50 quid!!!

BTW Dan thats 50 quid sir. Pay up or you'll be hearing from me...

I wasnt being THAT serious, I just dont believe his negative attitude concerning Tune Inn is warranted. As for any other issue i cant really comment.

I dont condone this, and i actually agree with him on the issue, free promo's should be free promo's. however he needs to live in the real world and if you look, he was the one who mentioned legal things first.

I am sorry that he feels this way, but it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, especially considering his constant -VE. Im no fool and i realise that some things should be discussed out in the open, and IMO this is an issue for some of us lucky enough to have more than one release under our belts. however, such a display of blatent contempt feels like just another nail in the coffin.

You feel like commenting gunny?

MARKEG
27-07-2005, 12:36 PM

you can f off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gunny you asked for my opinion btw:

this is a 'record shop selling promos' issue and doesnt really belong in this thread. but now you mention it, i have to say, i do see your issue totally but i also think you're missing out on the fact that as record buyer, when you go to a shop and buy a promo, you go home thinking 'wow arent i lucky' and that record becomes a proud part of your collection. so, from a label point of view, you're creating instant loyalty and there's more chance that this person will think that your label is special, which will help your product in the long term.

so therefore the 'promo' has achieved what it's set out to do. i suppose it's like the issue of dj's selling a promo in a second hand shop. so many companies get p'ed off by this, but imo, as long as it eventualy gets to the right person, who cares!!!

RDR
27-07-2005, 12:55 PM

you can f off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shurley shome mishtake mish money penny? :lol:

you're creating instant loyalty and there's more chance that this person will think that your label is special, which will help your product in the long term.
so therefore the 'promo' has achieved what it's set out to do. i suppose it's like the issue of dj's selling a promo in a second hand shop. so many companies get p'ed off by this, but imo, as long as it eventualy gets to the right person, who cares!!!

:wicked:

Dean Chadwick
27-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Hi all, Dean here from the X Tune Inn. :o( Just been reading your postings about us.

Believe me when I say, we are just as sad not to be able to bring you all the freshest most quality techno from all over the globe.

It has been a real struggle over the past couple of years, firstly when Prime Distribution went bust, they held all the major playing labels. Drumcode, Primate, Ingoma, Theory, Conform, Genetic.....too many to say. But all the top DJ's and producers had their labels through them.

When Prime went bust, all these labels had lost out on a lot of money. I mean a real lot of money, this put a real dampner on the techno scene. These DJ's and producers were left with a hell of a lot of money owed to them, so they had no time for their labels, they needed to get out and DJ to help recoupe some of there lost money.

This then saw the immergence of what is big now, the deeper, minimal sound, the Kompakt labels did a killing. As there were no decent releases on the well known labels all the DJ's turned to Germany (the home of deep clicky music) Which as anyone who shopped at Tune Inn knows, we don't do boring music!! It's all about the floor!!

This, then stopped being the most influencial part of making music, now all we have is music that trips along at 132bpm and does absolutley nothing for anyone who goes out to dance!! I mean, isn't it supposed to be DANCE MUSIC!!!????? The people that like this music are the Coke crew, lets worry about looking good instead of the no-nonsence 'lets have another, get real sweaty and dance all night' crew!! I love you guys!!

The scene that we all know and loved is dwindling away, if the NRG crew hadn't joined the techno masses we may have gone a long time ago. It's sad, that instead of listening to Beyer and the likes kicking out full on floor music, we have to look at Fergie, Eddie Halliwell ect who are playing the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a dig, the more support the better. But they don't do anything for the Techno scene.

I really could go on, and on, and on, and on. You see, the scene, the whole dance music scene is fundamentally floored. When you have been on the inside for 8 years you see how things work and how people become massive DJ's when they can't mix to save their lives, and how there is so many hardworking, very very talented DJ's out there that don't get a look in cos they aren't best mates with the promoter!! IT STINKS!!!!

I am in another job, and it's nothing to do with dance music, I am sick to death of it. Corupt and immoral is my final word!!!

But I am producing music, proper dancefloor music!! I will be producing under Deano Ferrari, or as PDP Effect (a colaberation with Pedro Delgardo & Phil Walls) So keep an eye out for me and give us some support.

And to put all your minds at rest, YIN YANG IS NOT DEAD!!!!

Lastly, I would seriously like to thank anyone and everyone who has ever bought from us, no matter how big or small. Or anyone who has ever helped us out, or just to anyone I have met in the past 8 years. A massive RESPECT to you all, and just remember.

KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SWEATY, AND KEEP ON DANCING!!!

schlongfingers
27-07-2005, 01:28 PM
does juno sell promos online?

I've been sent promos by Juno in the past.

All shops do it, think about it, what else are they gonna do with them, once they have decided to order a batch or not if they don't sell the promos then in the end they have to pay to store them. Of course the other alternativ e is to give them away but that doesn't really help anybody.

Dean Chadwick
27-07-2005, 01:30 PM

How about you go screw yourself, what the hell are we supposed to do with promo's we get sent, give them away to the 1st person who comes to the shop!!!!! I don't think so, we used to sell our promo's onto DJ's we thought would be of benifit to the label.

I'm not responding to that, what I mean to say it, If I ever meet you I will make you feel as bad as we do about the shop closing.

To say your glad that we are closed, your glad that we are all out of a job. Your glad that so much misfortune has been put on us!!!

All I can say is, go get a (SWEAR)ing life you (genital)head masturbator.

I swear down, don't ever introduce yourself to me and make sure I don't find out where you live, cos you have made me sick!! A comment about us selling promo's could be just in one sense, but to say your glad we shut, that's damn right evil!!!

I hope your testicals fall off (if you have any) and I hope you loose everything in your life that means anything to you so you can feel what we are right now!!!

dirty_bass
27-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi all, Dean here from the X Tune Inn. :o( Just been reading your postings about us.

Believe me when I say, we are just as sad not to be able to bring you all the freshest most quality techno from all over the globe.

It has been a real struggle over the past couple of years, firstly when Prime Distribution went bust, they held all the major playing labels. Drumcode, Primate, Ingoma, Theory, Conform, Genetic.....too many to say. But all the top DJ's and producers had their labels through them.

When Prime went bust, all these labels had lost out on a lot of money. I mean a real lot of money, this put a real dampner on the techno scene. These DJ's and producers were left with a hell of a lot of money owed to them, so they had no time for their labels, they needed to get out and DJ to help recoupe some of there lost money.

This then saw the immergence of what is big now, the deeper, minimal sound, the Kompakt labels did a killing. As there were no decent releases on the well known labels all the DJ's turned to Germany (the home of deep clicky music) Which as anyone who shopped at Tune Inn knows, we don't do boring music!! It's all about the floor!!

This, then stopped being the most influencial part of making music, now all we have is music that trips along at 132bpm and does absolutley nothing for anyone who goes out to dance!! I mean, isn't it supposed to be DANCE MUSIC!!!????? The people that like this music are the Coke crew, lets worry about looking good instead of the no-nonsence 'lets have another, get real sweaty and dance all night' crew!! I love you guys!!

The scene that we all know and loved is dwindling away, if the NRG crew hadn't joined the techno masses we may have gone a long time ago. It's sad, that instead of listening to Beyer and the likes kicking out full on floor music, we have to look at Fergie, Eddie Halliwell ect who are playing the stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a dig, the more support the better. But they don't do anything for the Techno scene.

I really could go on, and on, and on, and on. You see, the scene, the whole dance music scene is fundamentally floored. When you have been on the inside for 8 years you see how things work and how people become massive DJ's when they can't mix to save their lives, and how there is so many hardworking, very very talented DJ's out there that don't get a look in cos they aren't best mates with the promoter!! IT STINKS!!!!

I am in another job, and it's nothing to do with dance music, I am sick to death of it. Corupt and immoral is my final word!!!

But I am producing music, proper dancefloor music!! I will be producing under Deano Ferrari, or as PDP Effect (a colaberation with Pedro Delgardo & Phil Walls) So keep an eye out for me and give us some support.

And to put all your minds at rest, YIN YANG IS NOT DEAD!!!!

Lastly, I would seriously like to thank anyone and everyone who has ever bought from us, no matter how big or small. Or anyone who has ever helped us out, or just to anyone I have met in the past 8 years. A massive RESPECT to you all, and just remember.

KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SWEATY, AND KEEP ON DANCING!!!

Fair enough mate. I`m sure a few people genuinly feel for you, the drop of tuneinn from the scene will effect many friends of mine oop north along with the many people who used the website frequently, both in and out of the UK.
Good luck in whatever you guys do, and nice one for not totally giving up.
This is a blow for the UK, and I hope, not a sign of things to come.

Dean Chadwick
27-07-2005, 04:37 PM
does juno sell promos online?

I've been sent promos by Juno in the past.

All shops do it, think about it, what else are they gonna do with them, once they have decided to order a batch or not if they don't sell the promos then in the end they have to pay to store them. Of course the other alternativ e is to give them away but that doesn't really help anybody.

HOW COME IT IS THEN THAT WE USED TO GET BUCKET LOADS OF PROMO'S FROM LABELS, AND MOST OF THE TIME FROM VERY LARGE LABELS. (eg SONY/EMI) AND ALL THEY WANTED US TO DO IS SELL THEM, IT CREATES A BUZZ AROUND A RECORD. I THINK SOME PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET A REALITY CHECK!!!

EVERY RECORD SHOP WILL GET AND SELL PROMO'S, THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS!! TRASHING PEOPLE AND SLAGGING US OFF WONT HELP YOU OUT AND I'M TELLING YOU SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE CAN AND WILL BOYCOTT LABELS IF THEY PEOPLE IN CHARGE ARE IDIOTS AND START SLAGGING EVERYONE OFF.

HMMMM...I MAY SET UP A NAME AND SHAME SITE ABOUT LABELS..SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT.

schlongfingers
27-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Can you read?

in short, I was defending you.

Dean Chadwick
27-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Can you read?

in short, I was defending you.

Sorry mate, I wasn't having a go at you. I was using the quote just to keep on the same lines.

I'm really peeved off about all of this, i'll just make myself more clear in future.

:lol:

RDR
27-07-2005, 05:06 PM
:lol: Haha, Deano's got a bollocking ner, ner, ner, ner, neeerrrr!

schlongfingers
27-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Oops, sorry, misunderstood ;)

Dean Chadwick
27-07-2005, 05:20 PM

My ass has been tanned, not for the 1st time, and definitley not the last!!

:rambo:

RDR
27-07-2005, 05:22 PM

My ass has been tanned, not for the 1st time, and definitley not the last!!

:rambo:

Yes.... i'd heard that... how was amsterdam anyway? :oops: :doh:

gunjack
27-07-2005, 06:07 PM
you god damned right this is "my" industry and it is yours too. i aint gonna shy away from an unpopular opinion, and you kids calling me names and stuff? you know exactly what you can get. i stand by my post. and mark eg, what an optimistic view... but it is a little naive huh? i know everybody does it, but promos are not for the sale bins and you folks know it. anyway i have said my piece. :rambo:

marginmaster
27-07-2005, 06:24 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/marginmaster/Misc-Buckle_up.gif

Jay Pace
27-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Blimey.

If this pompous indignation over misused promos is a symptom of success give me happy obscurity any day of the week.

;)

dan the acid man
27-07-2005, 07:21 PM
come on kids who wants ice cream for tea :doh:

dan the acid man
27-07-2005, 07:24 PM
so, using your logic deaf, theres going to be no record shops left now, as i cant think of any that dont sell promos.

looks like im going to be spinning the same records week in week out now for as long as i live :doh:

stjohn
27-07-2005, 07:55 PM
looks like im going to be spinning the same records week in week out now for as long as i live :doh:

all of them Gunjack promos too ;)

dirty_bass
27-07-2005, 07:59 PM

all of them Gunjack promos too ;)
hehe :twisted:
cheeky

dan the acid man
27-07-2005, 08:09 PM
hehe :lol: :lol:

oldbugger
27-07-2005, 09:52 PM
i just bought a white label gunjack the other day :lol:

might sell it on again though :roll:

eyes without a face
27-07-2005, 10:01 PM
ouch! :twisted:

dirty_bass
27-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Although this is funny, please don`t go too far ok folks, keep it light hearted.

RDR
27-07-2005, 11:32 PM
From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...we played them to the most popular Djs in the dance scene at the time.

This is how records and DJs have functioned since the dawn of record pools in the disco era. We are not the only record shop to do this by FAR. So to focus on this is a fallacy.

I would also like to add, the downfall of tune inn has led to me also using MP3s, Final Scratch and CD players and i have downloaded some of your records. If i WANTED to actually play them in my set i could, but i dont. And i didnt have to pay for them. IF tune inn actually HAD ANY of your promos, which i cant confirm, but i DONT remember them then if they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

Sad for Pete, Sad for all the lads.

Tune Inn was a valuable assett to the dance scene. Sad to see it go.

Thanks

Chris Gawtry.

DJPAUZE
28-07-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow you don't know how sad I am right now. I used to buy all my records from these guys. With so many bs sites out there nowadays how will I know who to trust.

One question I have though, thought Tune Inn was doing quite well. They had postings on their site that they won best UK online record shop. I never sensed any indication that things had gone sour.

A real shame I tell ya, excuse me need a tissue.

anx
28-07-2005, 11:21 PM
i know Pauze, the downfall of tuneinn really came out of left feild. they were even upgrading their site too....

i seriously got teary eyed when i read the news.

gunjack
29-07-2005, 02:28 AM
From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...we played them to the most popular Djs in the dance scene at the time.

This is how records and DJs have functioned since the dawn of record pools in the disco era. We are not the only record shop to do this by FAR. So to focus on this is a fallacy.

I would also like to add, the downfall of tune inn has led to me also using MP3s, Final Scratch and CD players and i have downloaded some of your records. If i WANTED to actually play them in my set i could, but i dont. And i didnt have to pay for them. IF tune inn actually HAD ANY of your promos, which i cant confirm, but i DONT remember them then if they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

Sad for Pete, Sad for all the lads.

Tune Inn was a valuable assett to the dance scene. Sad to see it go.

Thanks

Chris Gawtry.

hi chris. let me get this straight - i should be HAPPY that you sell my white labels for profits, just because you sold them to ppl who will play them out? man why not just give them to those folks then? i am trying to show you the mentality that leads to the demise of our industry from the inside out.

f they were any good we would have promoted them. Even after a second listen i dont remember them...

there you go man. this is a perfect example of the mindset that cost you your project.

seriously though. good luck with future projects. maybe you will learn that the result is in the details and do better on down the line.

gunjack
29-07-2005, 02:31 AM
From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...

man this really gets me! this guy says i should be happy because
...were WILLING to pay the price for your music
even though i dont get a dime.

typical industry b.s.

guess what folks, mainstream and widely "accepted" concepts on business ethics DO apply in electronic music! alert the media!

Dean Chadwick
29-07-2005, 12:49 PM
From Chris Gawtry...

Brian - My personal opinion if tune inn was selling your promos basically you should be thankful people were interested in buying your music at an early stage, as the promos bought by DJs who we knew were working as international DJs and were WILLING to pay the price for your music...

man this really gets me! this guy says i should be happy because
...were WILLING to pay the price for your music
even though i dont get a dime.

typical industry b.s.

guess what folks, mainstream and widely "accepted" concepts on business ethics DO apply in electronic music! alert the media!

Listen mate, if your really that bothered about it, call up your label distributor and contact all shops personally. Tell them all that if they sell your promo's your going to take legal action. Tell your label distributor to stop giving your promo's away or you will take legal action against them.

I can guarantee there responce to you will not be a very nice one. Expect the shops not to take as many copies of your release.

You go on about industry b.s. and the rest. I've been in the industry for 9 years and your talking a load of crap!! Come into reality, start supporting shops, start supporting the people who sell your records. We all want to make money, and it's very hard to do this. Every distributor wants shops to buy as many copies of a release as possible, so if that means supplying them with a couple of promo's for them to sell. Then that's what they do.

You talk about our attitues towards the industry, take a look at yourself. Your slagging everyone off for what, a measly £6 that we may sell your promo for. And your main point of argument is that you don't get any of the money yourself.

Let me give you one piece of advise, stop living up your own crevice and if people are selling all your promo's, why don't you sell the promo's direct to shops yourself, you get rid of any unwanted whites you may have from promotion, you will make a few extra pounds selling them. The shops can sell them, the hype is there and everyone is happy.
(it's not hard is it!!!)

If you spent more time looking into things like this, instead of jumping down peoples throat, you might see that things start going better for you.

We all need to work together, that's the only way it works good for everyone. And with attitudes like yours, you are the people who bring the industry down, not us.

chris g
30-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice one Dean.....
It sounds like this guy is the only one in the world that has his promos sold. My heart bleeds :cry:

FUSION
30-07-2005, 04:19 PM
you must be able to at least see where GJ is coming from though? there`s more to life than profit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, serious though really sad you guys have shut been coming down there for years, juno just aint the same :cry:

eyes without a face
30-07-2005, 04:28 PM
i can definately see Gunny's point but have said i dont agree with the online slanging match about it, and i dont think everyone is out to make money Dean as you've just said, i know im certainly not, and i dare say Gunny isnt, and its quite clear his point is its totally wrong for someone to make money off an artists work when the artist themself doesnt see any of this income

i agree with Gunny 100%, he's totally right, you've just told him to sell his own promo's, i think its clear thats not what he's interested in doing, quite the opposite infact!

im sad as the next guy Tune Inn closed and i think Gunny was 100% wrong to say he's glad you've closed, but his actions are incensed by people making profit off his work, and therefore he's more than allowed to say his piece

RDR
01-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Who runs Juno records BTW? Is it anyone who comes on here? (not being controversial...just interested..)

Yes - Brian is entitled to say his piece.

No - He wasnt right to be THAT viscious, but then thats what we have come to expect from him.

Yes - he is right, removing potential earnings from an artist is wrong.

No - To focus on tune inn is hardly right, they had so few of his tracks in that its clear that any potential loss of earning was utterly negligable.

Yes - Scott is right, a slagging match does no-one any good, so addressing the wider question of selling promos is worth it. It might be OT, but thats forum threads and people for you.

Heroes
01-08-2005, 09:17 AM
iam just wondering whats the point thats getting people wound up about promo selling. is it the fact that its being sold and you are getting no money out of it, or you are actually looking at it thats it 1 less sale? too be honest when i had a shop id sell promos because its hard enough running independant shops anyway, and any little bit of cream that helps you stay afloat is welcomed in my opinion. It serves its purpose anyway "promo" its doing what it says on the tin, paid for or not paid for its getting the word out..

or we can put it like this.

over the year you send 1 promo out a month for each release you have, the shop sells them...cream for the shop and promotion still for you. in return the shop sells 15 of each release over the year...180 copies

or you can take away that little cream/promotion and they close, just like whats happening on what seems an every other month basis at the moment. Now thats one less outlet and another 180 records less you sell

normally the distros send to shops anyway so all its really costing ya is the manafacture cost of the promos. Now how would ya feel with the next scenario thats happened to me plus others i know.....

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs........theres the F******g piss take........

conflict
01-08-2005, 09:47 AM
iam just wondering whats the point thats getting people wound up about promo selling. is it the fact that its being sold and you are getting no money out of it, or you are actually looking at it thats it 1 less sale? too be honest when i had a shop id sell promos because its hard enough running independant shops anyway, and any little bit of cream that helps you stay afloat is welcomed in my opinion. It serves its purpose anyway "promo" its doing what it says on the tin, paid for or not paid for its getting the word out..

or we can put it like this.

over the year you send 1 promo out a month for each release you have, the shop sells them...cream for the shop and promotion still for you. in return the shop sells 15 of each release over the year...180 copies

or you can take away that little cream/promotion and they close, just like whats happening on what seems an every other month basis at the moment. Now thats one less outlet and another 180 records less you sell

normally the distros send to shops anyway so all its really costing ya is the manafacture cost of the promos. Now how would ya feel with the next scenario thats happened to me plus others i know.....

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs........theres the F******g piss take........

that is a ****ing piss take

eyes without a face
01-08-2005, 09:55 AM
well i think its more than clear now what Gunny's actual beef was, and there's no debating that he's got a right to be pissed really, but as already said here is not the place to front it out

djs who keep there gobs shut that what ya sending them is not there bag, but instead of thinking of others and telling ya to target people who would get more use out of it, they weekly and monthly collect there little packages group them together with other labels that send them stuff and whack them on ebay as promo packs

this winds me up, i know people who do this or sell their unwanted promo's to record stores and as you say they should really either tell the dist that its not their bag or at LEAST pass them onto other people

another thought is instead of record shops selling all their unwanted promo's on why not collect them up then one day in the week put them in a basket and allow customers to choose 1 promo free of charge, thats what id be doing because i really dont agree with others making money off someone else's promo's/work... if it has a long term effect and winds up benefiting the producer aswell as the shop then cool, but when does this really happen?

tricky subject definately

conflict
01-08-2005, 10:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/50-x-TECHNO-HOUSE-PROMOS-WHITE-LABELS-ALL-QUALITY-NEW_W0QQitemZ4751406268QQcategoryZ58643QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

:nono:

scurry's to find his credit card

killarava2day
01-08-2005, 11:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/50-x-TECHNO-HOUSE-PROMOS-WHITE-LABELS-ALL-QUALITY-NEW_W0QQitemZ4751406268QQcategoryZ58643QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

scurry's to find his credit card

Sold!

gunjack
01-08-2005, 08:30 PM
finally a little back up. man i may have been harsh but c'mon, business ethics are the same all over the world. why do you think promos have feedback sheets guys? when i get a promo that aint my style i will usually politely decline the record or give it to a friend who will appreciate it and play it out. i HAVE sold promos in the past when i worked in a record shop, but i always felt bad about it. i know this is cliche' but this industry is F ucked. what makes ppl think that just because this is the music biz, folks don't have to follow standard biz practices?
all you folks talking bout i have my head up my ass because everybody sells promos blah blah blah, the tony@integrale/jel@prime mentality has gotten to you.

what the f uck is wrong with ppl nowadays? where have all the real players gone? ppl are such little wimps when it comes to doing whats right.

we have to draw lines somewhere. thinks dont change on their own. why do you think another techno distributor or shop closes every week? because nobody has figured out yet that the world is small enough now to get bit in the ass by your own shortsightedness very, very easily. i am not saying this is the case with tuneinn, but it is all connected.

in my humble experience i have learned time and again: in any kind of work, do good business, stay honest and above board and work hard and the good lord (or whatever you call it) usually looks out for ya.

anyway i am glad to see that there are folks on both sides of the fence. debate is healthy. but remember you all, all that juvenile name calling and stuff really kinda hinders your point from coming accross. like this guy calling me "pathetic" because we don't agree? what a joke. the other cat saying i have my head up my "crevase" or whatever just because he is one of tune inn's homies? weak bro! maybe you guys could try to learn some objectivity and even a sense of responsiblity.

kai_1
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM

I didn't say you were pathetic... I said that this is the most pathetic thing I have ever read and I stand by that man! You posted something pretty incensitive given the origonal theme of this thread, and its quite clear that rightly or not 99% of record shops sell promos...
You even just admitted you did it yourself! Record shops are what stands between your music and the record buying punter so to single out and be GLAD that the F*UCKERS have closed down is a little pathetic imo... ok?

Dean Chadwick
02-08-2005, 09:07 AM
the other cat saying i have my head up my "crevase" or whatever just because he is one of tune inn's homies? weak bro! maybe you guys could try to learn some objectivity and even a sense of responsiblity.

I am the other ''cat'' as you put it, and I wasn't having a go at you cos I was a Tune Inn ''Homie''

You have to understand that the promo thing has been like that for years, we have had 5 labels and all of them have had promo's sold through other shops. BUt that's just the way it is. The main point about promo's is getting a reaction from the DJ you send it to. And your right, if that DJ don't like it he shouldn't sell it on without at least a reaction of any kind. We spent ages taking people off and back on the list cos they never got back in touch. That is the area which needs to be addressed.

If a shop gets a promo, it's usually because all the promo's have been sent out, the distributors have a few left so they send them to the shops, the big shops where you will expect bigger sales, so to give a shop like Tune Inn 1 promo and get an extra 20 units out of them, isn't that a good thing?? It's not the records shops work to give them to other people, if they end up with a promo they have been given, then it's there's to do with as they please, possesion is 9/10's of the law remember!!

I may have been a little untowards in my replies, but you did say you were glad we closed, which really got to me!!

So lets turn the attention to the DJ's who don't respond, who don't tell you ''I don't like your stuff, take me off the list''....that's where most unwanted promo's come from. Labels work hard and if you don't get a reaction, then whats the point, the bigger the DJ, the less responce you get!! That sucks!!

My bitchin' is over, just don't personally insult us again!! :rambo:

JamieBall
02-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear about tune inn going down, especially as we considered them friends and have been left with a large unpaid debt as a result of them taking a big consignment of back stock from us mere days before they went under.

If you're after quality techno/electro/breaks at a nice price may I suggest WWW.JUST-MUSIC.COM

fatcollective
02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear about tune inn going down, especially as we considered them friends and have been left with a large unpaid debt as a result of them taking a big consignment of back stock from us mere days before they went under.

If you're after quality techno/electro/breaks at a nice price may I suggest WWW.JUST-MUSIC.COM

Good point, i bet there are a few distributors owed a bit of money, its always bad news when you hear a record shop going bust, cause no doubt it effects a fair few distributors & record labels, especially the smaller ones!

JamieBall
02-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Indeed.

Hard to be sympathetic when it would appear they knew it was coming, yet still willingly took stock from people who were supposed to be friends - knowing almost 100% that they were not going to pay for it.

:evil:

Fair enough people need to do what they need to do in order to try and keep their businesses going these days, but knowingly ****ing over your close associates shouldn't be considered as an option.

pedrod
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Indeed.

Hard to be sympathetic when it would appear they knew it was coming, yet still willingly took stock from people who were supposed to be friends - knowing almost 100% that they were not going to pay for it.

Fair enough people need to do what they need to do in order to try and keep their businesses going these days, but knowingly **** over your close associates shouldn't be considered as an option.

Unfair.. We sent back everything that we had of the consignment back to you (Minus the primate T-shirts - which I have yet to sort out for you)

and we didnt know we was going to go bust or we would not have taken them. yes we was feeling a lot pf pressure but so are/was 'ALL' of the record shops. we took the consignemnet stuff believing it would help us get through the summer and 'it' wasnt a week later it was month before it happened.. .. and then we returned them all to you so to say all that is rather unfair.

Unfair also that I would have members of your staff phoning me up screaming down the phone at me, talking to me liek it was all intentional and telling me most of the consignment was'nt there.. YES it was .. check off the stock against the invoice. ALSO accusing me of having a sale and pocketing all the money myself.. ?!?!?! I know I posted about doing a half price sale.. Whcih we was going to have and the money go to the liquidators. but someone bought the whole lot in bulk and the 'funds' went directly to the liquidators..

I bent over backwards to sort out all the stuff to send back to you (took me hours) and then you post something liek this..

Pete

pedrod
02-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Just as another point ..

Just Music's website is very good for techno and I do recommend you using it.

Pete

gunjack
03-08-2005, 10:27 PM
dean: you really don't get it huh? just because everybody does it doesn't make it right!!!

JUST MUSIC: they accepted your stock knowing they were going to close? damn! another example of biz practices that folks think they can get away with. also to just: is this jamie?!?!?!?!? do you remember gunjack from the VIP room in womb????? you and vogel and pennington and me with the hash pipe..... anyway i need to talk to the bismire bout some shit so hit m e up ok?

eyes without a face
03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
thats some awesome name dropping, i love it :twisted: ;)

massplanck
03-08-2005, 11:03 PM

you love name dropping?

dan the acid man
03-08-2005, 11:04 PM
dean: you really don't get it huh? just because everybody does it doesn't make it right!!!

JUST MUSIC: they accepted your stock knowing they were going to close? damn! another example of biz practices that folks think they can get away with. also to just: is this jamie?!?!?!?!? do you remember gunjack from the VIP room in womb????? you and vogel and pennington and me with the hash pipe..... anyway i need to talk to the bismire bout some shit so hit m e up ok?

i think you'll find that any business will carry on trading as normal until they are told theyre not allowed to anymore, they obviously had worries about closing, but like every business, they hoped they would be able to turn it around and be able to trade for a bit longer, then who knows, they might have been here 5 years later

eyes without a face
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM

you love name dropping?

yes, its great

i remember i went to a party once and mingled with various stars of Hollyoaks including the delightful Steph Dean

massplanck
03-08-2005, 11:06 PM
i remember i went to a party once and mingled with various stars of Hollyoaks including the delightful Steph Dean

i drop her one.

eyes without a face
03-08-2005, 11:08 PM
a lad we know pulled her, it was a great moment

dirty_bass
03-08-2005, 11:40 PM

you love name dropping?

yes, its great

I was at a RePro (remember them) meeting once, and Robbie Williams had just left take that, and was drug addled and between careers. He was begging to get in but wasn`t on the list, so he got turned away. We went out and gave him a beer.
He said will you get me in?
We said no.
HEHE
Done alright for himself though.
Name dropping sucks.

I met the queen once....

Don`t you just hate VIP rooms?

oldbugger
04-08-2005, 06:56 AM
met robbie william too, and moby. can i be cool now too :lol:

eyes without a face
04-08-2005, 08:52 AM
my posts were tongue in cheek incase you hadnt guessed, i was merely making fun at GJ's name dropping, VIP room indeed haha

dan the acid man
04-08-2005, 08:53 AM
my posts were tongue in cheek incase you hadnt guessed, i was merely making fun at GJ's name dropping, VIP room indeed haha

no they weren't, you name dropper you :lol:

eyes without a face
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM
well in my defence, i name dropped a ficitonal character haha, dont think that qualifies really :lol:

RDR
04-08-2005, 09:00 AM

You really are selective brian. Completely choosing to ignore pete's comments.

*Yawn* let me tell you about the time i sat with billy nasty, jel ford, chris liberator, drank champagne with Ant. Dave the drummer. Had a beer with glen wilson, had a laff with Mike Humphries. Smoked Gear with wilko and mark turner etc etc etc.blah blah blah.

RDR
04-08-2005, 09:02 AM
And i believe its Ben Long from Just music?

cant be sure.

Heroes
04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Phew robbie williams thats nothing, i flew to jersey and was on a plane with Frank Carsson, now thats hardcore name dropping,

Heroes
04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Phew robbie williams thats nothing, i flew to jersey and was on a plane with Frank Carsson, now thats hardcore name dropping,

Heroes
04-08-2005, 10:02 AM
cant remember going twice though heehhehe

dirty_bass
04-08-2005, 10:03 AM

Frank Carson.
If anyone is ever gonna name drop, then that`s the one right there.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

dan the acid man
04-08-2005, 10:21 AM
well in my defence, i name dropped a ficitonal character haha, dont think that qualifies really :lol:

even worse, a make believe name dropper...................nurse, hes lost it again :lol:

dan the acid man
04-08-2005, 10:23 AM

Frank Carson.
If anyone is ever gonna name drop, then that`s the one right there.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

its the way he tells them

gunjack
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
you guys are freaking retarded. i weas just trying to find the homie from bandulu to keep in touch. grow up.

dan the acid man
07-08-2005, 11:11 PM
you guys are freaking retarded. i weas just trying to find the homie from bandulu to keep in touch. grow up.

no sense of humour then :doh:

dirty_bass
08-08-2005, 01:25 AM
grow up.

What, and forget how to smile?
Life is over when you lose touch with your childhood.

eyes without a face
08-08-2005, 09:54 AM
retarded? strong, it was only a big of mickey taking, you know, bit o' leg pulling!

Dean Chadwick
09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :lol:

This guy really takes the biscuit!!! What a baby!!!!

I think we'll have to send him a dummy over!!!

davethedrummer
09-08-2005, 02:40 PM
well i just spent a couple of days with pete gawtry here in brasil
and obviously we got talking about the demise of the shop.
he's totally gutted and has been cleaned out by the liquidators

he's trying to remain in good spirits and it sounds like he's going to get his djing career going alongside running yin yang , but it's an uphill stuggle for him from now on , and this business is getting tougher and tougher almost by the day.

but i must say all this talk about promo selling so far has all been a bit crap.
i know tune inn used to sell our promo's too , but at the end of the day we kind of let it go because we realised that they were just trying to drum up sales and general interest in their shop.
now i know selling promo's isn't strictly correct business but look at the situation......they've gone down... hardly made them millionaires did it?
by the way , everybody else sold promo's too and if you are running a label properly you should have promo costs budgeted for anyway.

at the end of the day pete and chris both struck me as genuine techno lovers who were doing their bit to keep the industry rolling along. they would regularly send me their promo's from yin yang , and some of them were great and stayed in the box for some time.
( of course the others went straight to the record and tape exchange....not)

i'm not condoning selling promo's on but at the same time if you are talking about one or two t.p.s it's a bit pathetic to get so heated up about it.
i mean we would send promo's to dj's who would probably just chuck them in the bin anyway , so in a way selling them on at least ensures that they get to someone who actually values it and will play it , hoppefully generating more sales.

there is a common attitude in the music business where people just think that giving anything for free in anyway is bad business practise .
this is the entertainment industry , it is highly competitive and relies on promotional material to be available top whoever needs it when they need it.
records being played in clubs DO generate sales , i am being asked ALL THE TIME about tracks i have played at gigs around the world and many of them are not my own , i try my best to i.d. tracks for people and i'm sure they go and buy them after that quite happily , essentially taking up my time to put money into other peoples pockets. but i have no problem with that.

so...my message is...
think of the whole scene not just yourself , and have the philosophy that if you help someone else one day they will help you.

obvious isn't it?

r.i.p. tune inn
who provided a service for all techno lovers against all odds.

The Divide
09-08-2005, 04:01 PM
i'm not condoning selling promo's on but at the same time if you are talking about one or two t.p.s it's a bit pathetic to get so heated up about it.

Heh yea. Thats how I feel. I wonder if those artists who are banging on about 'bad practice' are using warezed software? I personally feel that some approach this game with too of a buisness orientated attitude and for me to take this stance would be somewhat hypocritical

The Divide
09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
*approach this game with too much of a buisness orientated attitude*

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 04:37 PM
True, I`ve had promo`s sold at various shops, I`d already factored promo`s into my budget, and they are product that I give away not expecting any return other than buzz and sales hype. So for them to get sold on to a DJ who then proudly plays his promo to others who haven`t got the proper release, and therefore generating a buzz, is a worthy price to pay for the sake of the 2 quid I lose out on.

Plus it means the shop selling em gets a few more quid to keep em running, and I`d rather loose a few quid to promo`s from one shop, than the whole shop going down, and me not selling any further vinyl at that outlet.

I`ve seen copies of DB001 1st pressing (the ones with proper labels) go on ebay for 60 quid (mainly down to sasha caining it). I didn`t ask the ebay sellers for any of that money, which I think is the same as promo`s getting sold.
It still generated massive buzz, and refllected in the sales of the represses.

Really there are far more important problems within this industry to get seriously agg about.

davethedrummer
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
totally true db
by the way many thanks for the promo of your last release
sorry i didn't put it into the chart , it was only because i wrote the chart from memory here in brasil , and once i get home i'll fill it in properly when i can sit with a deck and listen to the records in full.

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 05:40 PM
totally true db
by the way many thanks for the promo of your last release
sorry i didn't put it into the chart , it was only because i wrote the chart from memory here in brasil , and once i get home i'll fill it in properly when i can sit with a deck and listen to the records in full.

Hey no probs matey, cheers for the apex mate, the B side is seriously up my street, and the rushing euphoria of it, is lovely.

We are having a total revamp of the website at londontechno so there`ll be regular updates and recommended listening bits and stuff, so we`ll be getting
it up there.

pedrod
09-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Go on Henry ....

.. im still in the same hotel .. bored .... still having problems ordering anything (must brush up on my brazilian portugese)

pete

davethedrummer
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Go on Henry ....

.. im still in the same hotel .. bored .... still having problems ordering anything (must brush up on my brazilian portugese)

pete

got internet in yer room now though eh?
yeah the life of an international dj eh
thrilling stuff.....

BE AN INTERNATIONAL DJ!

!!!!!!!YES FOLKS YOU TOO COULD HAVE THE WONDERFUL LIFE OF AN INTERNATIONAL ENTERTAINER!!!!!!!

THE PERKS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:

WAITING FOR HOURS ON YOUR OWN IN AIRPORTS WITH NOTHING TO DO.

DESPERATELY TRYING TO ORDER PIZZA AT 3 IN THE MORNING
IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY AFTER TOO MANY LAGERS

MAKING MISTAKES IN FRONT OF 2000 PEOPLE , WHO ARE MORE INTERESTED IN SEX THAN THEY ARE IN MUSIC

AND DEALING WITH PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU WEREN'T AS GOOD AS THE LAST TIME YOU CAME.

ON THE PLUS SIDE:

YOU GET TO TALK MONEY WITH ARROGANT SELF OBSESSED PROMOTERS WHO BLAME YOU FOR THE CLUB BEING EMPTY

LOSE YOUR HEARING

GET ILL WHILST ABROAD

DIE YOUNG

ETC ETC ETC........

or am i just being bitter now?

pedrod
10-08-2005, 02:09 AM
hahaha .... yup

there running a cable out of the internet room accross the balcony through the hall and in through my room window (about 50 foot of cable - aint that nice - just so I can sit in my room and babble on this forum)

HMM after that I may .... take up knitting for a living.. get my crochet off to a T

http://www.learntoknit.com/

bitter henry nah ... .. that's for mosaic (or whatever his name is)

P

mek
10-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Tune Inn was my fav. spot to buy tracks... this blows!

It seemed like they were doing really well, a good number of my friends out here in cali were buying from them :?: :?: :?:

Best of luck to them in the future.

mek
10-08-2005, 06:03 AM
YOU GET TO TALK MONEY WITH ARROGANT SELF OBSESSED PROMOTERS WHO BLAME YOU FOR THE CLUB BEING EMPTY

or am i just being bitter now?

Sheeit Henry, you blow up the spot each and every time you come out here! Whatchu talkin bout?

RDR
10-08-2005, 11:28 AM
HMM after that I may .... take up knitting for a living.. get my crochet off to a T

Knit one, pearl one, two three four!

Hang up ya headphones Pete, I feel another direction coming on...

TechMouse
10-08-2005, 11:42 AM
MAKING MISTAKES IN FRONT OF 2000 PEOPLE , WHO ARE MORE INTERESTED IN SEX THAN THEY ARE IN MUSIC

A constant hazard of being the lounge pianist at the Spearmint Rhino...

killarava2day
10-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Hehe, very funny stuff Henry !

FUSION
10-08-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah eyes you ****ing name dropin bitch ;)

Louk
10-08-2005, 11:38 PM
i HAVE sold promos in the past when i worked in a record shop.

hahahhahaha ****ing brilliant, just what are you arguing again then?!

Louk

gunjack
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
bro, i worked in a record shop, i didnt own it, i had to ring up promos all the time and it sucked, and that feeling stuck with me... thats what i was on about there guy.

pedrod
11-08-2005, 05:06 AM
bro, i worked in a record shop, i didnt own it, i had to ring up promos all the time and it sucked, and that feeling stuck with me... thats what i was on about there guy.

What the feeling of sorting a bro out and making him the happiest ever for getting him/she/them something early, something upfront / something exclusive.. ?? why would you be bitter about 'that' feeling sticking with you? (its a right buzz!!!)

Im not being funny mosaic (whatever your name is).. or at least im not trying too.. but i dont think you do yourself any favours when you speak

Dean Chadwick
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Sounds like your having fun then Pete, did they get you the X-Box aswell? Or you just having to do with the laptop?

That's Gunjack, the I don't think before I speak guy...the guy who moaned about us selling his promo's when...mm..let me think, how many Gunjack releases did we EVER have at Tune Inn.....(very long pause).....2 I think....

Nice one to you too Dave, nice to see someone who has respect in the bizz being true. Thanks for the support, and give Pete a punch in the arm for us!!!! :o)

Hope you guys rock in Brazil, and Pete, don't 4get my Brazil shirt!!!! he he he
;)

pedrod
12-08-2005, 08:32 AM
to be honest Ive never even heard of the label deafmosaic never mind selling there promo's..

and if we was selling his promo's we only must have got 1 of them.. which then means that everyone that worked and came in the shop didnt like the promo .. hence it got put on the site..
meaning .. well you work it out..

**** off Dean .. haha .. I bought myself a brazilian football shirt .. but **** man .. im too fat for it.. :cool: (but Im still keeping it)
and no .. no x-box live for me in brazil :(

im going to have to go on a ****in diet man ...

man im tired off to bed.. its 4.40 in morning .. just finished playing in a city called Porto Allegre @ Spin (my flights at 8.00am to Sau Paulo)

eyes without a face
12-08-2005, 09:06 AM
the moment you yourself admitted to selling promo's whilst working at a record store made this who argument void

if it bothered you that much, you should of left the record store

eyes without a face
12-08-2005, 09:07 AM
that should read "whole"

pedrod
12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
the moment you yourself admitted to selling promo's whilst working at a record store made this who argument void

if it bothered you that much, you should of left the record store

well said scott :clap:

dirty_bass
12-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, let`s not let this subject twist on any further.
This whole deal about promo`s is just silly.
Aside from the Gunny argument, I think most of us are agreed that this whole affair is another shit on the doorstep of techno, and I think I can speak for most of us here, we do wish the tune inn guys good luck in what they do, especially as they have decided to keep in the game, in one way or another.

278d7e64a374de26f==