PDA

View Full Version : New Track Lau

lau
21-07-2005, 04:15 PM
A new bit I've been working on today... not nearly done yet..

Tried some new ways of mixing the track.. hardly used any compression.. ( normally I compress the shit out of thing... :eh: )

Was wondering what u guys think about it... ( espessially the mix..)

link HERE (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/PP.mp3)

:rambo:

BRADLEE
21-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Really good sound quality amigo. I do think the Kick could come out just a bit more, but that is just me. Sounds a little flat, but I'm only listening in headphones, could be a banger on a system.

However Lau Sound quality is indeed very good. :clap:

fatcollective
21-07-2005, 06:34 PM
this is quite a nice track, although the kick seemed to distort and not through loudness, its just didnt seem clear, maybe sort that out and tunes is pretty good man...well done :clap:

lau
21-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Tnx for the comments!! Glad you liked it...

Will have an other listen to that kick tomorrow... its already a really distorted kick by it self... so maybe I should replace it with an other one...

Will do some work and repost :rambo:

Tik Tok
22-07-2005, 03:12 PM
like the vibe of this one, especially the break with the stabs..only problem id say is the kicks a bit out of place (eq wise) other than that its spot on

nice work mate :)

lau
23-07-2005, 12:07 PM
OK... so I did some work.....

Think the problem with the kick was a sound under it that wasnt in the right place...
also had to change the stab to make it sound better......

New link
HERE (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/PP2.mp3)

xfive
23-07-2005, 08:42 PM
This is cool but its a little empty...
For the vibe its giving off I feel it needs more percussion.

If its going to be real minimal like this I think it needs a bit more funk to keep it self-sustained.. if that makes any sense

:lol:

lau
24-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Tnx for the helpfull feedback... will see if I can add some funk by adding some percussion :lol:

hopefully I will have time to do some work today.. :rambo:

BloodStar
24-07-2005, 05:19 PM
like it..could be phatter,,ithink,, will be cool after more edits and more sound could also help i think. porduction part of thing almost ok,,,but still think lowend could go more low,,and mids are quite boring,,. there"s something nice happening,but you can get much more of it,,i think.. top end is also missing something more happening,.. nice stuff,,but u still have to add much more to it,. cheers m8 :clap:

Mindful
24-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I like this mate like the feel of the kick(gotta agree it could go lower)maybe add a sub with it (if you havent allready)realy like the synth and that bass is cool when it arrives.
Ill say it again I like your minnimal aproach but this could do with more percussion me thinks.
The hat pattern sounds a little lonley and i would say this track would benifit from something more going on in the mids and a bit of ambience.

I like ;)

lau
24-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Well 've been rendering my ass off today... grrr couldnt work on the track anymore coz it ate all my cpu...

anyways... did loads of work added some hats and percussion and worked on the kick... but like Mindfull said it could go lower will look at that too ....

needs more work tomorrow though so will try to have a new version by then!!

tnx for the comments!!! :clap:

Mindful
24-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Well 've been rendering my ass off today... grrr couldnt work on the track anymore coz it ate all my cpu...

:rambo: I hate that shit

dirty_bass
24-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Interesting.
OVerall the mix is a little dull, and could be brighter.
Now the problem with this kind of stuff, is if you are gonna go minimal, then you need compression, to give size to the sounds.
Unfortunately you decided to back off with the compression, so this sounds a little thin and empty as a result.

lau
25-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Hahahah looks like I tried the wrong things with the wrong track.... :eh:

ah well already started compressing coz I coulndt make it sound right.... got some time again today so will repost later!

tnx once again for the really helpfull feedback!!

:rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==