PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP - decision to make

slavestudios
23-07-2005, 12:27 PM
right, i know said i was having nothin more to do with techno (clubwise) but ive been offered a shot at a new venue in belfast.

its gonna be an old club re-furbished with new pa & stage & dj booth & interior.

ive been asked to submit a proposal.

and even though i swore i wasnt doing it again, no one else in belfast will get up off their ass. everyone one else jus sits in a pub moaning or plays the same old acid techno from 95. theres been nothing new here techno wie since i pulled my night almost a year ago.

i have friends who will come aboard & back me. almost like a 'board of directors' type thing.

but i swear i dont know what to do.. i said i would NEVER do this again, but i know if i dont at least try, theres no chance of decent techno.

new venue opens about september. what do i do ?????

i know i havent made many pals here (lol) but this is about the non-existent techno scene in NI, not my ego lol

jonnyspeed
23-07-2005, 12:48 PM
sound simple but get a piece of paper and write down two columns. 'why its a good thing to do' vs 'why its a bad thing to do'. then just compare what you've written to what you want out of your life right now.

but the way I think about it is if its not emotionally or financially damaging to you or your friendships then what's not to do? even if you make no money its a free night out and lots of laydees, pimpdaddy. and there's also the contribution you would make to bringing proper music back to Belfast.

slavestudios
23-07-2005, 03:10 PM
anything to add hero :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
23-07-2005, 03:21 PM
anything to add hero :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, book him for your first night ;)

slavestudios
23-07-2005, 03:23 PM
actually.... funny as it is, colleen sent me a mail about a tour with Wislon & Rodell & Humphries & such...

reckon he would do it cheap lol

slavestudios
25-07-2005, 05:36 PM
i have absolutely no sense..

gonna do it. even if its jus 1 night to go to & hear decent techno in this city again :roll: i cant deal with how stagnant this city has become with electronic music..

i swore i would never do it again, but i cant help. every fibre in my soul is willing me to make phone calls & get posters & all that s**t

wish me luck peepz :roll: i am gonna need it :neutral:

dan the acid man
25-07-2005, 06:12 PM
good luck

slavestudios
25-07-2005, 06:19 PM
someone please post a 'told you it would end in tears' post now & get it over & done with lol

cheers dan, i'm gonna need it :neutral: :doh: :roll: ;)

stjohn
25-07-2005, 08:59 PM
just do it..... theres definately space if theres fuk all happening.

theres a few new heads down here doin gigs (i was never organised enough), but i could pass you their email and you could split costs if your nights didnt clash.

inigo just rocked it for them last saturday. not as busy as i would have liked but if he was rockin it up your end the night before/after, im sure everyone would be happier!!

oldbugger
25-07-2005, 09:05 PM
'told you it would end in tears :lol:

good luck mate. can tell its something that means a lot to you. ;)

slavestudios
25-07-2005, 09:33 PM
will do stjohn. i know giles & sunil, so i'll shout them

cheers oldbugger :lol:

stjohn
25-07-2005, 09:37 PM
best of luck, hope it all works out!!!! might be up for a road trip ;)

loopdon
25-07-2005, 09:39 PM
a man has gotta what a man has gotta do. :twisted:

get it done, mate :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==