PDA

View Full Version : ZOID / FAT COLLECTIVE / GOT TO MOVE

fatcollective
24-07-2005, 01:00 PM
hi again, got another unfinished track here, its pretty basic /empty and needs alot of attention and it would be cool if you guys could point me in the right direction ;)

www.fatcollective.com/audio/zoid/GOT_TO_MOVE.mp3

BloodStar
24-07-2005, 05:24 PM
heya,
nice one man,. like it, even style of that voice is not my cup of tea, i like the track,. maybe tad formulaic or loopy, but u can solve with some edits or something,. production part of thing sounds sweet,, maybe i would effect that voice more and widden it,. it's quite boring,after while.., would be nice to hear that voice twisting around, in breaks,. or some maddness like that,., and some changes,,then..
deffo nice asskicking techno track.. would like to hear it on huge PA,,would be a banger :rambo: would play it ,,deffo. ;)

fatcollective
24-07-2005, 06:20 PM
cheers man, deffo gonna work on this.

Mindful
24-07-2005, 08:40 PM
nice track Stevie one for shakin yer pants to GOT TO MOVE to this on a big system(you see what I did there :roll: :lol: )
production sounds good nice bottom end and the hats and ride sound nice and bright.
Not sure what I would add to this personaly perhaps some stabs or synths would work.
Well in chap ;)

fatcollective
24-07-2005, 09:00 PM
coolio ;)

dirty_bass
24-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Nice, although the beats are a little obvious.
And those D.A.V.E/Acid Techno ish rap vocals are really annoying, takes the originality out of what is potentially a good track.

fatcollective
25-07-2005, 10:50 PM
And those D.A.V.E/Acid Techno ish rap vocals are really annoying, takes the originality out of what is potentially a good track.

thanxs, still working on this, hopefully have the full track done at the end of the week.

180mph
25-07-2005, 11:07 PM

personally i think they make the track! Doesnt matter what you do to a track these days... you'll always end up sounding like someone else! keep up the good work.

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 12:03 AM

personally i think they make the track! Doesnt matter what you do to a track these days... you'll always end up sounding like someone else! keep up the good work.
I don`t think so, that`s a little bit of a cop out reply. The problem with techno is people make it how they think it should sound by using other techno as a reference, hence the fact that most techno these days sounds the same.

180mph
26-07-2005, 12:19 AM
personally i think they make the track! Doesnt matter what you do to a track these days... you'll always end up sounding like someone else! keep up the good work.[/quote]
I don`t think so, that`s a little bit of a cop out reply. The problem with techno is people make it how they think it should sound by using other techno as a reference, hence the fact that most techno these days sounds the same.[/quote]

have to disagree with you there... everybodys stuff (including your own) can sound like someone else... henry is a good yardstick to go by if you wanna make good pumping techno... not everyone is gonna push the genre forward... but as long as you like what your producing then who really cares? so what if it sounds like henry sometimes, or chris or billy big balls? one day they could end up writing a track and people will say that sounds like F.A.T! techno is innovative but its not totally without boundries... just remember its DANCE music first and foremost and all the chin stroking in the world wont change that.

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 02:03 AM
I don`t think so, that`s a little bit of a cop out reply. The problem with techno is people make it how they think it should sound by using other techno as a reference, hence the fact that most techno these days sounds the same.[/quote]

have to disagree with you there... everybodys stuff (including your own) can sound like someone else... henry is a good yardstick to go by if you wanna make good pumping techno... not everyone is gonna push the genre forward... but as long as you like what your producing then who really cares? so what if it sounds like henry sometimes, or chris or billy big balls? one day they could end up writing a track and people will say that sounds like F.A.T! techno is innovative but its not totally without boundries... just remember its DANCE music first and foremost and all the chin stroking in the world wont change that.[/quote]

Ah yes, but if we go by those rules, if it`s just DANCE music, then why not just play Trance, cos more people dance to it.
The point is, there`s sounding a bit like, and sounding totally indifferent from, which is what I am getting at.
Why walk in the shadow of your heroes?

180mph
26-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I don`t think so, that`s a little bit of a cop out reply. The problem with techno is people make it how they think it should sound by using other techno as a reference, hence the fact that most techno these days sounds the same.

have to disagree with you there... everybodys stuff (including your own) can sound like someone else... henry is a good yardstick to go by if you wanna make good pumping techno... not everyone is gonna push the genre forward... but as long as you like what your producing then who really cares? so what if it sounds like henry sometimes, or chris or billy big balls? one day they could end up writing a track and people will say that sounds like F.A.T! techno is innovative but its not totally without boundries... just remember its DANCE music first and foremost and all the chin stroking in the world wont change that.[/quote]

Ah yes, but if we go by those rules, if it`s just DANCE music, then why not just play Trance, cos more people dance to it.
The point is, there`s sounding a bit like, and sounding totally indifferent from, which is what I am getting at.
Why walk in the shadow of your heroes?[/quote]

because those shadows have already paved the way... i'm not saying imitate, but the reason i love techno is the reason i love techno... and not trance or d'n'b or whatever...

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 09:24 AM
steve's right here, there is showing your influences and there is showing your influences, and whilst sounding nicely produced, this sounds too similiar to D.A.V.E stuff and that hip hop vocal is tired

180mph
26-07-2005, 09:30 AM
steve's right here, there is showing your influences and there is showing your influences, and whilst sounding nicely produced, this sounds too similiar to D.A.V.E stuff and that hip hop vocal is tired

i guess its a matter of opinion, i still enjoy hip hop vocals and i liked the production. on a technical note i thought the rolling bass was a little blured. still a good tune though.

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 10:22 AM
thanx 180 for your defence ;)

personally, i like this style aswell, although the vocals have been done before, to me it doesnt really matter, i like that style of music so why not have a go myself, i would buy this sort of record and i would play this sort of record and thats the whole point i made this track, cause im into to this style of techno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

180mph
26-07-2005, 10:29 AM
thanx 180 for your defence ;)

personally, i like this style aswell, although the vocals have been done before, to me it doesnt really matter, i like that style of music so why not have a go myself, i would buy this sort of record and i would play this sort of record and thats the whole point i made this track, cause im into to this style of techno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you mind if i play it out ;)

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 10:45 AM
no probs mate.

180mph
26-07-2005, 10:49 AM
no probs mate.

just thought i'd ask in case the unsigned tunes copyright protection department had something to say!!! :twisted: shhh... they can hear you thinkin!!!!

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 11:22 AM
its okay mate, but to be honest it not finished, i was hopeing to finish it this week, but looks like next week sometime now. i will repost once its finished.

nice one.

180mph
26-07-2005, 11:30 AM
its okay mate, but to be honest it not finished, i was hopeing to finish it this week, but looks like next week sometime now. i will repost once its finished.

nice one.

you interested in playin over here? we've got a small club but we've had dave ddr and sarah, lowtek, lenny dee, geezer, henry etc over and the place just rocks!!!

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 11:45 AM
of course i would be interested playing in Dublin, that would be wikid! do you run the club? PM me any info. cheers ;)

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 05:43 PM
you dont have to defend yourself because there's no attack, as you know if you put a track up your gonna get mixed feedback i thought u guys had learnt to take constructive criticism by now, no one said it wasnt any good, but simply pointing out that its been done before so many times, and yes this applies to most, but when its something as prominent as a hip hop vocal over this kind of techno well it does stand out more because of the sucess the likes of D.A.V.E etc etc has had doing this kind of thing

we did actually say the production was good, the other comments were simply on the content, thats easy enough to figure out

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 07:17 PM
:crackup:

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 07:17 PM
:crackup: :crackup:

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 07:23 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

eyes without a face
26-07-2005, 07:26 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

sorry haha

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 07:38 PM
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: fvck off now ;)

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 10:27 PM
bump
:lol:
:cry:
:roll:
;)
:shock:
:evil:
:twisted:
:!:
:oops:
:rambo:
:neutral:
:eh:
:?:
:clap:
:doh:
:dontevengothere:
:crackup:
:cool:
:nono:
:love:

fresh_an_funky_design
26-07-2005, 10:38 PM
:lol:

fatcollective
26-07-2005, 10:40 PM
wow steve, thats real good of ya ....arrggghhhh BUMP BUMP BUMP BANG BANG BANG .............!!!!!""""""""""$££££££££££&^*())__+++(*^%GBML:L :crackup: :cool: :nono: :love: :?: :clap: :doh: :dontevengothere: :oops: :rambo: :neutral: :eh: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :!: :roll: :cry: :lol: ;) sorry, i just felt the need to be extreme.................... its your fault!!!!!!

dirty_bass
26-07-2005, 10:57 PM
nipple clamps

BRADLEE
27-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Well dispite the controversy, I do quite like this tune. I'd play it for sure in a nice late night set to rock the floor. Guys, production wise I'd say you just keep getting better and better.

Although I do agree slightly with Steve and Scott. I do think this style has been done before, but we're not all making the next symphony here. You made a good techno tune and it will be very affective in what it is made for. Which is making people dance.

I'd say, try sending some of this stuff to Henry himself. Seems like you should atleast have some projects on Hydraulix. Your sound does fit to the T.

fatcollective
28-07-2005, 09:44 AM
cheers mate, much appreciated. I still gotta do something else with this track but so far i havent touched it since i posted it on here. i got a few ideas, then i might send it out?

cheers for your comments anyway ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==