PDA

View Full Version : Kanzleramt

SlavikSvensk
24-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Just thought i'd ask what people think of this label, which manages to be different while still appealing to a lot of club techno peeps.

koma
24-07-2005, 06:54 PM
whats there to tell except its an excellent label, man :clap:
so much quality stuff released through it..

SlavikSvensk
24-07-2005, 07:04 PM
whats there to tell except its an excellent label, man :clap:
so much quality stuff released through it..

stvarno. i think what's interesting is how it manages to be different yet totally accessible (for technoheadz). not the only ones doing this, of course, and there are some releases i really don't care for. but i do like some of the releases that seem to skirt the edges of cheese, like richard bartz "subway."

plus "givin' you" is the only samuel l. record i still play with frequency...

herman
24-07-2005, 07:32 PM
One of Techno's finest i hear Ka 122 is going to be particulary good ;)

drift9
24-07-2005, 07:36 PM
easily one of my favorite labels. been quality for years. it's dancefloor friendly and smart at the same time.

have to agree with you on Bartz's Subway as well, an amazing record that still holds its own and then some after all of these years.

Sunil
24-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Great label.

Johannes Heil "Future Primitive" LP :twisted: :clap:

Dustin Zahn
24-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Like Herman said, it's one of the finest techno labels. From artwork to the music, to their mission, and to the future they've always been extremely consistent on a professional level. Sometimes the release here or there will be a bit fluffy/soft for my tastes but overall I pick up almost every KA release. Fortunately, the fluffiness/softness usually comes from certain producers that I would expect it to come from, and the LPs are usually more on the lighter musical side. That aspect aside, if one's every looking for moody, synthy Berlin-meets-Detroit styled techno...Kanzleramt is definitely one of my favorite labels.

Heiko has new a 2LP coming out on KA after the Paul Mac release featuring his older work. Although I have most of it, the tracks reminded me of the older german techno sound that seems long-forgotten, only to be replaced by the likes of various styles from Kompakt techno to Amok/Wittekind styled techno.

dirty_bass
24-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Great Label

ds2
24-07-2005, 09:28 PM

i hope it's better than the last sino release.
man that was awful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

audioinjection
24-07-2005, 10:25 PM
paul macs upcoming release is dope, you can hear the samples on kanzleramt.com

this is one of my fav labels, they always seem to impress me IMO

herman
25-07-2005, 01:14 AM

man that was awful.

;) aah come on that was an anthem that one.

slavestudios
25-07-2005, 11:23 AM
used to love this label, but it seemed to step down a while back. not as hard & gritty. jus like many of their artists..

loved the first 3 Heil albums.. especially 'Reality To Midi' which is still deadly on any rig...

'i love to beat you cos i hate you'

Sunil
25-07-2005, 11:32 AM
loved the first 3 Heil albums.. especially 'Reality To Midi' which is still deadly on any rig...

'i love to beat you cos i hate you'

That was a big Giles tune!
I don't have this album, will have to get it... it's been repressed again recently I think.

slavestudios
25-07-2005, 11:34 AM
yeah, the first one was killer. Paranoid Dancer is another killer from that album..

have 2 others on vinyl on Kanz.. but cant remember names for sure. though i'm pretty sure one of them is in german. and the other one is 'Iluminate The Planet' i think

ds2
25-07-2005, 12:03 PM

man that was awful.

;) aah come on that was an anthem that one.

of course i'm joking though.
it went down a storm on saturday, tony played the beats side.
i've had to re order some this morning as a result.

look forward to the ka release.

278d7e64a374de26f==