PDA

View Full Version : Technics Counterbalance...

TechMouse
25-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm having trouble with some decks at the moment.

They were skipping a bit, so I thought they would benefit from calibrating.

Downloaded a guide to it, and all has been fine until I get to the bit where you zero the tone arm and then dial up a weight.

I zero the tone arm, so that it floats... but then when I try to dial up a weight of 3g (which is the recommended weight for my carts - Ortofon Concorde DJ S) I find I can't actually go any higher than around 2.4, it gets stuck.

Anyone got any idea where I'm going stupidly wrong?

Barely Human
25-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Er, are these technics? And have you reset the black gauge to represent "0". You can always turn the weight round if its getting stuck..

TechMouse
26-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Er, are these technics? And have you reset the black gauge to represent "0". You can always turn the weight round if its getting stuck..
Yeah, these are 1210 Mk IIs.

It's not that it's getting stuck, it's just that it runs out of room at the end of the tone arm.

My current temporary solution is to remove the auxilliary weight from the back of the tone arm, but the service manual says that this should be used when the carts are > 10g - and I think the Ortofon ones are 18g?

Barely Human
01-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah man, take your auxilary weight off mate. You shouldnt use that unless you cant zero it with it off..

TechMouse
02-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah man, take your auxilary weight off mate. You shouldnt use that unless you cant zero it with it off..
Cool - is performing much better now...

278d7e64a374de26f==