PDA

View Full Version : long time no post

Evil G
25-07-2005, 09:52 PM
life has been getting me down lately, but here's a shot at getting back into the groove:

excavate (http://members.shaw.ca/evil_g/mp3/evil_g_excavate.mp3)

xfive
26-07-2005, 02:05 AM
This sounds thick and clean, nice job. The clap I think is a tad loud maybe...

Even though the particular style isn't my cuppa tea, this was well executed :clap:

Evil G
26-07-2005, 10:38 PM
cheers chris. that's very encouraging. i've moved again and the acoustics in the new space seem to be much better, so hopefully things will start to shape up.

BRADLEE
27-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I do agree that the clap stands out a bit, but I'm only in headphones at the moment. However overall this sounds really clean man. Good production for sure. Although I don't know I would consider this to be techno myself. I can't fully place a genre on it, but man it is indeed a very nice tune. Whatever it is I like it.

Evil G
27-07-2005, 09:59 PM
i'll defo have to do something about the clap. i listened to this on some different speakers and it jumped right out. as for genre, my current philosophy is that rather than think about what defines a genre and what has to be done to push it forward, i'll just make whatever my heart tells me to and not worry about it.

somebody else suggested more movement in the pads, which i'll take onboard as well. also considering trying to squeeze some more percs in there. will repost when i've made the changes.

BloodStar
28-07-2005, 05:53 PM
hi, nice track,. love the bass and that vocal,. those synth pads are sweet as ****,.. production part of thing sounds nice to me., but i would add some little edits here and there,. sounds nice..

Honeey
28-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I like it.
Yay for going hard on production in that little cave studio you have :) it shows
I think more movement in the pads would almost make it too trancy I like their simplicity.

Mindful
31-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Wow thats different in a cool way.Dig the voice,the bass and those strings.
Well in.
CLAP sorry thats my terrets :lol:

Evil G
31-07-2005, 09:01 PM
cheers folks. glad you like it so far. some edits are on the way...

dirty_bass
01-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Kinda got that 80`s dark electro wave thing going on here.
Nice ideas in this.
The overall final mix is a little flat though, and the sound needs more depth.
In terms of the stuff of this era, the production holds up, but needs more depth and range to stay up with todays sounds.

Evil G
01-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Nice ideas in this.
In terms of the stuff of this era, the production holds up, but needs more depth and range to stay up with todays sounds.

thanks for the feedback db. i totally hear what you are saying.

dirty_bass
01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Nice ideas in this.

thanks for the feedback db. i totally hear what you are saying.

In short, Phat it up mate!! :twisted:

dan the acid man
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
yeah, some nice feelings in this tune, dark, with a nice groove, but the mix is a little flat

278d7e64a374de26f==