PDA

View Full Version : Techno in Indonesia?

SlavikSvensk
25-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Maybe! I'm off for 2 months there...hope to discover some unknown 4 deck wizard or the next speedy j. maybe not ;) though if anyone has spent time there and knows of something or someone wicked, please PM me...

...i'l be mostly off communication until september, though i might get a few mins on at one airport or another...or maybe even an evil starbucks...

peace out technoforumpeople, here are a few clappy things for the road...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sunil
25-07-2005, 10:46 PM
peace out technoforumpeople, here are a few clappy things for the road...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a good one :cool:

Ritzi Lee
26-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Maybe you can do some research for us.
If there is a techno scene; who are the party productions;
the DJ's; the booking agencies.... You never know....
We could introduce the real shit over there.... :cool:

gunjack
26-07-2005, 06:15 PM
well in bali and in jakarta are the most likely places you would find electronic music, but techno?! good luck. my experience was that they will come running up to you and say "play some hard trance!" 10 times in a row as you play. ppl really are NOT interested in education there. my brother and i did a long stint at a super club. we did festivals, weeklies, club nights etc. through THE VILLAS nightclub/resort in BALI. it was amazing and fun, but in the end, folks were more interested in house, downtempo and whatever else i played besides techno. they like music that aint dark and doesnt raise any issues. but yea bali is a tropical island so it makes sense...

its wierd tho, as soon as you eve n bust out some housey techno in clubs like double 6 and the villas, the ppl act like its the end of the world and go like bart f$ucking simpson:

"play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!""play some hard trance!"

enough!!!! i said enough of trying to educate ppl and the villas eventually closed.....

indonesia is dope tho, why are you going? anyway have fun bro!!!!

massplanck
26-07-2005, 08:13 PM
indonesia is dope tho, why are you going? anyway have fun bro!!!!

Hes getting married. :pray: :lol:

SlavikSvensk
27-07-2005, 04:25 PM
hey fellas! greetings from the road...in sf, heading to japan now...

some interesting stuff in there, deaf...pretty much reinforces what i'd observed last year but in greater detail...lots of house, lots of trance, a certain amount of hip-hop in jakarta...but who knows? maybe i'll get lucky... ;) i'm brinigng my laptop, so maybe the environment will be inspiring...gamelan is pretty mind-blowing sh** too. i'll be in jakarta, bali, lombok, and south java.

yeah i'm getting married...my girlfriend is from jakarta...

take it easy ppl!

gunjack
27-07-2005, 06:09 PM

some interesting stuff in there, deaf...pretty much reinforces what i'd observed last year but in greater detail...lots of house, lots of trance, a certain amount of hip-hop in jakarta...but who knows? maybe i'll get lucky... ;) i'm brinigng my laptop, so maybe the environment will be inspiring...gamelan is pretty mind-blowing sh** too. i'll be in jakarta, bali, lombok, and south java.

take it easy ppl!

CONGRATS BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! speaking of gamelan, i have a new track about to go to cut with a gamelan sample...... its the one with the "lets house" sample from the new live clip....

anyway again, congrats, i am getting real bored of pdx real quick so maybe i will see you out in the islands sometime ;)

samba
27-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Bali, Lombok and south Java - hope you get some sick waves bro, no doubt!!

SlavikSvensk
29-07-2005, 02:02 AM

take it easy ppl!

CONGRATS BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! speaking of gamelan, i have a new track about to go to cut with a gamelan sample...... its the one with the "lets house" sample from the new live clip....

anyway again, congrats, i am getting real bored of pdx real quick so maybe i will see you out in the islands sometime ;)

hello from japan! got hit by a van but escaped mostly unscathed by rolling around...felt like the tai chi master in kung fu hustle...hehe...ate some good food and wandered around.

i:d love to hear that gamelan track. i was working on one myself about a year ago but ended up putting it on the back burner as i couldnt figure out how to make it sound better than it already did on its own. haha. gotta try it again for sure.

don`t know pdx too well, but seattle sure lends itself to laziness...hard to get people to do anything. hard to get myself to be productive sometimes...

re: samba...definately gonna hit the waves...never surfed before so we`ll see how it goes!

gunjack
29-07-2005, 02:09 AM
where in japan are you? tell them, "watashi was tanuki mitai no mono des." hehe

anyway yea folks in the northwest are slow as f uck l o l

SlavikSvensk
29-07-2005, 02:13 AM
must be the constant caffeine come down ;)

aiight...i`m off to board my flight to jakarta...hope to get back online before too long...

278d7e64a374de26f==