PDA

View Full Version : Pounding Grooves / Lawrie Immersion...

Si the Sigh
27-07-2005, 09:32 AM
It has to be said...Quality! :clap:

Every single track I hear from this man is superb. From his early acid techno tracks (the most fu*ked up sounding tracks, in an amazing way of course, coming out of the London / SUF Collective ever in my opinion) and his outstanding, ground breaking Routemaster label, right through to his early techno experiments with Techno Slut & Pattern Play, before settling into his Pounding Grooves label and guise. The blokes a legend! Had to post this up after getting the latest Pounding Grooves...it's fatter than my gran! :rambo:

The Overfiend
27-07-2005, 10:39 AM
The Fine Audio Full Length Album Was Classic
The Yellow Pattern Play was the best I must admit.
Pounding Grooves 11 & 21 certified Gangster

Si the Sigh
27-07-2005, 11:31 AM
PGV 21 side with "pumping the beat" sample is the fu*kin' main tune! Ultra phat basslines!! :twisted:

Komplex
27-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm not much of a fan of his releases (from what I've heard of them) but hearing him pound it out live pa styles is ****ing sweet :)

Come back to Australia for another round mate!

dirty_bass
27-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I love pounding grooves.
But it has to be said many of the releases have been collabs with various SUF crew.
Ask Henry (then duck) :lol:

The Overfiend
27-07-2005, 10:01 PM
PGV 21 side with "pumping the beat" sample is the fu*kin' main tune! Ultra phat basslines!! :twisted:

Thats the one. Certified dope.

DJPAUZE
28-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Love Lawrie's Stuff, definetly a techno god. Think we need to also put a shot out to him for all his hard work @ Curve Pusher doing mastering as well.

Pauze :twisted:

jonnyspeed
28-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I love pounding grooves.
But it has to be said many of the releases have been collabs with various SUF crew.

apparnetly that was only one release - the rest are Lawrie.

I think the PG can be mixed - some excellent driving hard techno, other stuff can be just too loopy and plodding. Seen him live a few times and tbh it don't get the crowd moving the say way Chris, Ant, DDR, Jeff or Henry do.

Si the Sigh
28-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Love Lawrie's Stuff, definetly a techno god. Think we need to also put a shot out to him for all his hard work @ Curve Pusher doing mastering as well.

Pauze :twisted:

Deffo working hard @ Curve! :clap:

anx
28-07-2005, 11:19 PM
I love pounding grooves.

I think the PG can be mixed - some excellent driving hard techno, other stuff can be just too loopy and plodding. Seen him live a few times and tbh it don't get the crowd moving the say way Chris, Ant, DDR, Jeff or Henry do.

naw i know for a fact that he does tons of collaberations on the PGV lable. still one of my favorite produces, acid or straight up techno. and yea, curve pusher rules.

The Overfiend
29-07-2005, 04:26 AM
I love pounding grooves.

Actually champ, from what I know, Every different color one is a diff producer.

Si the Sigh
29-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Yep ^

dirty_bass
29-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I love pounding grooves.

Nope, htere has been stuff with henry, geezer, I think maybe julian as well.

koma
29-07-2005, 06:31 PM
lawrie did an excellent set over here few years back..lots of his own stuff, he even gave some promos away to the people in audience..

its still his only performance in croatia so far.. and its f****d up that promoter screwed him for money on that party :evil:

sash
05-08-2005, 02:34 PM
he's da best tek producer of all time as far as im concerned! Here's hoping he comes 2 Oz cuz i'll b front middle hands in da air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

conflict
05-08-2005, 08:13 PM
i do love all the pgv's i have. i think i've got 1 to about 15.

i always used to cain the green one,i think its number 7,the really relentless kick drum work out

278d7e64a374de26f==