PDA

View Full Version : Casualviolence-Ouija science

Mindful
27-07-2005, 08:55 PM
New link http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GWJ1QKBCNZ4B0BXKWQPZXRRNT ;) think its finished

Barely Human
27-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Nice man, i like this. Its something i could see myself producing. which i dont see a lot of.

Ok, i'll see if i can give you some production tips -

Its a bit loopy at the moment, it kind of drags on until something new comes in, and after the main kick drops, there isnt a lot much waiting there. Your kick isnt deep enough, or it isnt sitting right with the bass, try deepening the bass and sidechain the kick to duck the bass slightly when it hits. Those little atmospheric pads sound cool as ****, bring them right out of the mix, really widen them up and eq them to sit right. Id also try and add a bit of crunch to your percussion layer to make it a bit dirtier.

Really nice this tho man, its got a lot of potential. Build on the atmospherics of the track and then decide where you want to go from there.

Good work dude,

Q

Mindful
27-07-2005, 09:14 PM
cheers Al thats good advice,very helpful.
Will look in to the kick n bass thing it was niggleing at me a bit and couldnt work out if it was just me cause ive heard it about 1000 times last night :crackup:
will also try and work on the loopy feel.

xfive
27-07-2005, 10:10 PM
I think IQ pretty much said all regarding the sonic characteristics..
But as for the track itself, very nice :clap:
I like the perc and pads, finish'er!

BRADLEE
27-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I like it quite a bit. Sounds really good in my phones according to me. Fix whatever bugs you feel are needed, then finish it. You should have a few offers on this one when it's done. :clap:

lau
28-07-2005, 01:32 PM
This is Uber Cool!!!

First of all you managed to post a clip thats longer that 2 mins :clap: ;) Think thats worth an applaus :lol:

Enieways about the track.... IQ already said most of it actually... but it takes kinda long when the main kick kicks in.. ( :eh: that looks weird) dont think that is a problem, maybe just work a bit more to it... I'd try to build up the tension a bit more... When it finally kicks in its dope!!!! just do some smart nd freaky edits and you should lose loads of the loopyness!!!! aw and more dirt like IQ said wont hurt anyone :rambo:

finish it man!!!!

BloodStar
28-07-2005, 05:36 PM
nice track, man. like the synths,, bring some nice atmo in it,. maybe some more hook,,or noise here and there could be added,,but sounds cool as it is,. production is cool,.i think. maybe i would go down with compression littel bit and let it be more dynamic,,ithink,,but nice,as it is. :clap:

Mindful
29-07-2005, 09:07 PM
:love: Thanks for feedback and advice people :clap: very helpful.

tried to add a bit mor dirt to the perc and worked on the kick and bass eq and comp.
Also done a few miner things that were bugging me a bit and its about 20 seconds longer now.

Mindful
29-07-2005, 09:10 PM
This is Uber Cool!!!

First of all you managed to post a clip thats longer that 2 mins :clap: ;) Think thats worth an applaus :lol:

:lol: dont know what yer on about!

Mindful
31-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Right ive done a bit more on this now.
Its got more of a soundscape thing going on now and a few little new bits

NEW LINK ON PAGE 2 ;)

any feedback would be very cool thanks

loopdon
31-07-2005, 03:25 PM
this is pretty wicked :shock: :!: :rambo:

Mindful
31-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Cheers Loopdon ;)

Honeey
31-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey that's pretty damn cool!
I just love that trippy voice in there :)
Nice track!

Evil G
31-07-2005, 10:13 PM
i like it, and i agree with a lot of what bloodstar says. the atmospheric sounds are really nice and spooky, and overall it sounds pretty good. what it could use more of is dynamics and flow. right now it maintains roughly the same energy and feeling through the whole track, even though the sounds and patterns are changing. i think that adding some tension and release would give the spookyness even more impact, and make this a killer. :)

dirty_bass
01-08-2005, 02:27 AM
This is great!!
Really like this this.

Production wise this is pretty good.
I`d say those main shakers are too loud and a bit too dry though, they are dominating the track.

Could do with some more depth in the low end to give this a little warmth as well.

lau
01-08-2005, 01:56 PM
New version is dope man!!!

phat stuff... like alle the background sh*t going on :clap:

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 12:04 AM
nice, love the atmospherics in the background, and that percussion sound thats rolling away in there, haunting stuff, especially the way it moves in the stereo field :cool:

love the way the track changes too, really good stuff, agree on the shakers being a little dry

Mindful
02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
wow big love for the feedback people very positive and helpful and loads of good advice to work with thanks alot :love:

Will see what I can do with those shakers and there dryness and bring down there level perhaps,two problems I had not noticed if im honest.

Will also see what I can do about the bottom end too.
Seems to be a problem with most off my tracks the lack of bottom end fullness and warmth.
Not sure wether to takle the problem with the master eq or by focosing on the kick and bass itself.....or perhaps its the compression?
Will look in to all options.

MITA
03-08-2005, 05:49 AM
good one, Mindful..i like it
enjoyed myslef while listening..relaxing aswel as pounding.

Mindful
03-08-2005, 10:49 PM
hate to ask but can anybody host an up to date version of this for me please.
I usualy use yousendit.com but its being a bit wierd and wont upload my file :eh:
Thanks.

dan the acid man
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
hate to ask but can anybody host an up to date version of this for me please.
I usualy use yousendit.com but its being a bit wierd and wont upload my file :eh:
Thanks.

i keep getting this problem too, usually with huge files, it waits until the very last bit of uploading, and then fails :cry: :doh:

MITA
04-08-2005, 04:52 AM
i must get back to this...
after a listen on the monitors and carefull listen of the track itself i am
really amazed... i like it mucho.
production is top!
if i had a label,i would put this on it!

:clap: great job! let me know when its on wax

Elvio Neto
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
nice track man!!!

but need little changes i think its a little loopy.

but have a great vibe.

Mindful
05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks every one for comments they have helped me loads.
I think ive finished this now I just need to get my self some space to put it up(I realy have to get some space,any suggestions?)

Thanks Mita any thoughts on what label this would suit?

eyes without a face
05-08-2005, 11:11 PM
this is sweet

re a label, just send it to labels u respect yourselve, sometimes you'd be surprised who digs the stuff

Mindful
05-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Cheers Scott

When you send your stuff off do you allways send a few or do you somtimes just send the one?

eyes without a face
06-08-2005, 12:52 AM
yeah sometimes i just send 1 track, if im sending it to label's run by friends or at least labels i know are run by pretty ok, willing to listen kinda guys then yeah il send 1 track but sometimes 2 or 3 is better to give more of an idea how they'd work as an ep

Mindful
06-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Cool ;)

Mindful
06-08-2005, 05:41 PM
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GWJ1QKBCNZ4B0BXKWQPZXRRNT

Think its finished thank fu*k

Mindful
06-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh yeah feedback good or bad would be super fly thanks ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==