PDA

View Full Version : massive influx of mobile phone transmitters.

ramshackles
28-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Recently, It has come to my attention that my area, amongst others that I have travelled through have had a seriously huge, yet sly influx of mobile phone transmitters. They are everywhere, at first I wasn't sure what they were for, but after researching on the net, I have discovered that they are mobile transmitters, erected as when, because apparently they do not need council approval.

see this article:
http://www.communigate.co.uk/lancs/prism/page3.phtml

As much as I love my mobile phone, the ominous arrival of this cumbersome eyesores across our towns and countryside, sending out ridiculous high, brain frying microwaves needs to be greeted with some force. I am not prepared to sit back and let these facelss corporations disease us for the sake of someone being able to play a stupid game over the internet on their phone. We need to start asking questions, and demanding answers. We cant just sit back and get away with this. This is our health at stake.

killarava2day
28-07-2005, 11:51 AM
You won't stop it.

The owners of buildings with towers get top dollar too, church's love these things as well.

Probably be the case like asbestos, such a great product all those years ago...

The Divide
28-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Best way to protest them is to take things to a grass roots level, sign petitions and organise a local street protest. It has worked in the past but only in a few cases. Me personally I think they shouldn’t be allowed near schools for the 'just incase' factor

Definitely the public should be allowed a say or at least notification. After all if we built something similar on our homes the council would refuse planning permission by saying its unfair on our neighbours views. Yet these things are all over the place nowadays.

Another problem is that there’s no definitive proof that they do cause health problems or if there is, its been hushed away.

ramshackles
28-07-2005, 12:17 PM
at one time I wasnt worried, but now, jesus, driving up to darkside in wakey last saturday I lost count of how many I past. Then the other night I went for a cruise in the countryside in lanshire and was inundated with the eyesores.

They cant be healthy...I mean look @the case with the coppers and their radios, they were all going blind in the eye closest to the transmitter...microwaves cause some serious shit, I only have to see what it is doing to me when I look at the interference it has with my tv metres away whilst Im on the phone.

dan the acid man
28-07-2005, 02:21 PM
i think more should be put on top of high building, and yes, kept away from schools, playing fields, parks etc.

i think we have some at the top of our road now, but as theyre on the top of an old bingo hall, thats now a snooker/ bowling place, its pretty high, so should be transmitting away from our brains, i hope

soma
28-07-2005, 06:20 PM
In fact mobile phone transmitters give out less radiation than your mobile phone and even your vacuum cleaner and most other household appliances. Although im not too sure about the new 3G and the 4G ones.

Although i agree with the fact that they should be kept away from schools to discourage kids from using them not so much the transmitters, but the damage the actual mobile will do.

So lads, your doing yourself more damage by having your phone in your pocket by your b@lls and god forbid when you get up and do some cleaning.

DJ WMD
29-07-2005, 12:48 AM
they trying to site one near to my sons school.
they do have tho propose planning permission through normal channels, i have heard of many cases of very valid legal documents of protest just disappearing not arrivning before the deadline. very strange.
who knows what these masts can do?

ramshackles
29-07-2005, 10:27 AM
nobody full knows the long term damage these things can do....its a matter of profit before thought I think, a very similiar scenario to that of cigarettes all them years ago...smoking gives you cancer, bah humbug....they are choking on their words now.

Jay Pace
29-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Its a tricksy one.

There are more mobile phones than people in the UK.
People need their phones. Phones need signal. Signal requires transmitters.

Jury is out on whether they are dangerous or not. Its a cavalier attitude that ignores health risks, but as far as we know they are not dangerous.

If we stopped using all the technology that might be harmful to us in some way society would collapse. You have to go with what you know - and the current thinking is that they are not dangerous.

I really hope they have got it right. No one wants another thalidomide.

TechMouse
29-07-2005, 10:53 AM
There are more mobile phones than people in the UK.
Is that true?

I don't know many people who have more than one (in use) and I know a few people who don't have one.

(Not many though).

ramshackles
29-07-2005, 11:07 AM
i have two in use, and three altogether. Between me and my famil we have about 10phones between 5 of us....we have had these fones alot longer than most, so god knows what others must be like... :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==