PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy mixer.

RDR
30-07-2005, 12:06 PM
right then, i had an idea. its probably been done before, but what is your fantasy mixer?

List features, size, ability, sampling? EQ type? Filters? Computer linkage? you get the idea...

Ill start.

Parametric EQ.

Barely Human
30-07-2005, 01:03 PM
2 channel

3 Band sideways on Eq, with filter switch

Inductive faders

Full hamster controll

Session Mix

2 Master outs

Full fader curve controlls

Crossfader Cut in point controll

Fx send and return

Mic input with 2 band eq

Ablitity to send more than one source through a channel

RDR
30-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Four filter types, BP, HP, LP and notch

Effects with full control. (quality Fx mind, none of ya behringer shite.)

All of the above, but three channels.

Penny and Giles faders all round.

Around twice the size of the DJM.

Barely Human
30-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Penny and Giles faders all round.

I am the only person who thinks penny and giles faders suck??

EmotionComplex
30-07-2005, 09:14 PM
although im not actually mixing anymore my fantasy mixer was more of a reality mixer :lol:

i fell in love with the xone 62 last year, its everything i wanted in a mixer for the way i mixed anyway.

i suppose a xone with a built in high quality sampler that could detect hit points and slice into seperate samples to mess with pattern and grooves would be my fantasy mixer though, expand the width to the right and include a lcd display for the sample waveform and editing options, maybe a built in drum machine also based on the elektron machine drum, the lcd could be touch screen and include all options for the drum sequencer

damn thatd be nice......and expensive :!: :lol:

dan the acid man
30-07-2005, 09:15 PM
one witha mirrored finish, so i can look at myself being ultra cool whilst mixing :lol: :dontevengothere:

cascade
31-07-2005, 05:20 PM
4 channel
vestax pcv faders all round.
allen & heath 4 band rotary eq
lp hp filters with lfo's
full crossfader control inc hamster
2 send + return's
midi out
needle vu meter on master out. (looks cool)
:cool:

TechMouse
01-08-2005, 12:17 PM
What's this hamster thing I keep hearing mentioned?

I think good PFL / Aux mixing in the headphones is essential, and missing from a lot of otherwise good mixers.

Mirsha
01-08-2005, 01:26 PM
A hamster switch is a switch which reverse which channels are assigned to the crossfader.

TechMouse
01-08-2005, 02:33 PM
A hamster switch is a switch which reverse which channels are assigned to the crossfader.

Aha.

oldbugger
08-08-2005, 07:03 AM
a 'make everyone have a good time' button would be cool :lol:

TechMouse
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
a 'make everyone have a good time' button would be cool :lol:

Hehe... "dispense nitrous oxide into crowd..."

Symmetric
30-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see a unit with two cue mixes, one for headphone jack. That way when you're doing a 2x4 tag set both dj's can keep their cans on and hear what they need to.

oldbugger
30-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see a unit with two cue mixes, one for headphone jack. That way when you're doing a 2x4 tag set both dj's can keep their cans on and hear what they need to.

better off just with 2 mixers imo

TechMouse
31-10-2005, 12:38 PM

Yeah, but then one always has to be slave, and then you get all sorts of problems.

alsynthe
31-10-2005, 01:34 PM
not if u use a 3rd mixer to plug both mixers into

TechMouse
31-10-2005, 04:18 PM
not if u use a 3rd mixer to plug both mixers into
So, where do you plug your headphones in?

oldbugger
31-10-2005, 06:00 PM

Yeah, but then one always has to be slave, and then you get all sorts of problems.

what like? we did it for years. :eh:

alsynthe
31-10-2005, 08:12 PM
have to say that new allen and heath 3d looks near on perfect if it lives upto wot it says it does!!!

TechMouse
01-11-2005, 12:54 PM

what like? we did it for years. :eh:

Nothing you can't get around... just that it doesn't offer the flexibility that the kind of system I'm conceptualising in my head would.

doc12inch
02-11-2005, 01:32 PM
mine would be one that you could hook up to your brain and you could do as many things as you want at once.

it will happen hahaha

MangaFish
24-12-2005, 02:32 PM
right then, i had an idea. its probably been done before, but what is your fantasy mixer?

List features, size, ability, sampling? EQ type? Filters? Computer linkage? you get the idea...

Ill start.

Parametric EQ.

i think A&H pretty much built it with their Xone 3d :eyes:

bayley
27-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Parametric EQ.

can u explain why u would want parametric EQ on your mixer?? i really cant see the point of having it on a dj mixer.. in the studio obviously it is a huge advantage, as u can select a precise frequency and either cut or boost it,,, but in a dj set, i personally think it would be fairly pointless.. (and too time consuming and awkward) does any1 else have any views on this?

MangaFish
30-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Parametric EQ.

can u explain why u would want parametric EQ on your mixer?? i really cant see the point of having it on a dj mixer.. in the studio obviously it is a huge advantage, as u can select a precise frequency and either cut or boost it,,, but in a dj set, i personally think it would be fairly pointless.. (and too time consuming and awkward) does any1 else have any views on this?

i agree with it being unnessisarry

278d7e64a374de26f==