PDA

View Full Version : Deep Minimal Techno - Tantric Flow - Honeey Mustard

Honeey
30-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Some Deepness

http://www.honeeymustard.com/TantricFlow1_HoneeyMustard.mp3

eyes without a face
31-07-2005, 09:22 AM
needs more work on effects, eq, compression etc, sounds quite dry at the moment... the kick is very loud and had a very dull sound to it, and the bassline doesnt fit with the chords, take a few notes out of the bassline and maybe shuffle them about a bit, very 1 2 1 2 at the moment if u get me

i like the chords but it does need more work, good start

Mindful
31-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Nice vibe for sure,The bass type stab is too loud tho and just aint sitting right,it also sound out of time(alltho you may have done that purposely in wich case cool)
I like the kick myself and personaly think the track would benifit from a slower tempo(but thats just me)
I like it so far.

Honeey
31-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Wiked! thanks for the feedback :)

needs more work on effects, eq, compression etc, sounds quite dry at the moment... the kick is very loud and had a very dull sound to it, and the bassline doesnt fit with the chords, take a few notes out of the bassline and maybe shuffle them about a bit, very 1 2 1 2 at the moment if u get me

i like the chords but it does need more work, good start

Thanks! That’s got my mind going.
It does need some more crispness somehow and there does seem to be something missing in the middle range.
I will take into account your suggestions.

Nice vibe for sure,The bass type stab is too loud tho and just aint sitting right,it also sound out of time(alltho you may have done that purposely in wich case cool)
I like the kick myself and personaly think the track would benifit from a slower tempo(but thats just me)
I like it so far.

Thanks!
The bass is meant to be out of timeish but it needs a bit more reworking to blend into the track better :)
It would sound cool at a lower tempo too, maybe I'll do a slower remix or perhaps an ambient version....hmmm

I'll post it again when I do some reworking of this one.

dirty_bass
01-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Liking this.
I think it would sound better a bit slower, just to let the sounds breath a bit more.
I`d give the kick just a touch of top end click so it cuts in more.
I think a nice little clicky percussion groove would sit nicely in the mid range to give a final groove here too, as this area is a little empty.
I like the bass, it`s fine where it`s at.
Also the kick/hat balance needs to be fine tuned.

Cool, very very chilled.

Honeey
02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Liking this.
I think it would sound better a bit slower, just to let the sounds breath a bit more.
I`d give the kick just a touch of top end click so it cuts in more.
I think a nice little clicky percussion groove would sit nicely in the mid range to give a final groove here too, as this area is a little empty.
Also the kick/hat balance needs to be fine tuned.

Cool, very very chilled.

Awesome! Thanks!!! :) :cool:

I agree, giving the kick that slight treatment will be just what it needs to add more of a presence, cool.
I also agree about adding some kind of funky percussion groove to carry it along more in the mid range.
All of that is totally helpful.

A not too intensive rework on this one and a new version slowed down to 140ish is my plan.

dan the acid man
02-08-2005, 12:49 AM
nice, love the bass, sounds nice and big with plenty of warmth, love the pads too.

i agree on maybe slwoing it down a little, i think it would suit this style of track more

Mindful
02-08-2005, 09:17 PM

In that case ignore what I said concerning the bass^^^the man knows his stuff

A not too intensive rework on this one and a new version slowed down to 140ish is my plan.

:shock: What speed is it a now?
I was thinking more like 120ish but thats just me ;)

Honeey
05-08-2005, 02:38 AM

In that case ignore what I said concerning the bass^^^the man knows his stuff

I agree with you on that :) :shock: :cool:

:shock: What speed is it a now?
I was thinking more like 120ish but thats just me ;)

It's at 150 at the moment lol
but I have been experimenting with a slower tempo and 120ish - 130 looks like where it's going now for the slower version.

I will post the new versions (slower and modified fast) soon. :)

The Overfiend
05-08-2005, 03:09 AM
I want to hug my mop right now. :rambo:
You'll come a long way around here in a few months.

Honeey
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I want to hug my mop right now. :rambo:
You'll come a long way around here in a few months.

**** Ya!
Awesome :) thanks, major encouragement!! :cool: :!:

278d7e64a374de26f==