PDA

View Full Version : EVOC20 polyphonic vocoder...can u help?

Tony.P
01-08-2005, 10:46 AM
hi there, I'm Tony and i've been a little bit of a lurker on this site for a while now (but have rarely posted) and have found this forum and reading all you comments extremely helpful..so thank you very much.

i just had a little question i hope some of you could help me out with?

Was just hoping if any Logic users (i use 5.5 on pc) could help me out getting a good sound out of the EV0C20. I've managed to figure out how to actually set up the vocoder and get it working with my vocal in an audio channel (just a quick question thrown in...is it possible to route (sidechain) the EV0C20 to a midi channel rather than an audio channel?...as this would really help me out too), but i can't seem to get a good vocoded vocal sound. What i mean is that the vocals do not seem to be clear enough, the sound i'm getting is great and almost there, but i can't work out how to get the vocals to sound clearer so you can actually understand what they are saying.

any help would be fantastic?

thanks for your time

Tony

mattboyslim
02-08-2005, 01:50 PM
are you setting it up the right way around? you obviosuly need to sidechain to an audio channel to have the vocals, and then you set up the vocoder on the midi channel and use the midi data to create the keys you want the vocoder to speak in. as far as getting a good sound, i've only ever really used the pre-sets (i use logic 6 pro, not sure if 5.5 has pre-sets) so i couldn't really help on that point

Tony.P
03-08-2005, 12:53 PM
thanks for getting back to me.

yes this is the way i'm setting it up. I was just asking about the "midi" option instead of "audio". As my laptop seems to struggle to play more than one audio channel at a time. I've been told this is due to the speed of the hard drive being too low. Therefore i'm limited to the amount of audio channels i can run, and mainly use all midi now.

I'm actually getting the vocoder to work but find the presets aren't giving that classic vocoder sound (if you get what i mean). Even having spent hours playing arond i still can get anything near that classic sound, but i've found some interesting variations.

thanks for you help

disco diva
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
a bomb to laura maybe :nono: :lol:

Barely Human
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
hi there, I'm Tony and i've been a little bit of a lurker on this site for a while now (but have rarely posted) and have found this forum and reading all you comments extremely helpful..so thank you very much.

i just had a little question i hope some of you could help me out with?

Was just hoping if any Logic users (i use 5.5 on pc) could help me out getting a good sound out of the EV0C20. I've managed to figure out how to actually set up the vocoder and get it working with my vocal in an audio channel (just a quick question thrown in...is it possible to route (sidechain) the EV0C20 to a midi channel rather than an audio channel?...as this would really help me out too), but i can't seem to get a good vocoded vocal sound. What i mean is that the vocals do not seem to be clear enough, the sound i'm getting is great and almost there, but i can't work out how to get the vocals to sound clearer so you can actually understand what they are saying.

any help would be fantastic?

thanks for your time

Tony

Maybe you have your vocoder to wet. Have some of the dry signal feed through so you can understand what is being said?

Tony.P
05-08-2005, 10:28 AM
excellent i'll give that a go, thanks for the advice

hope it works

278d7e64a374de26f==