PDA

View Full Version : Step Sequencer/Glide

MARKEG
25-06-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm looking for a glide style step sequencer that I can run as a VST plugin.

Has anyone any ideas????? Is there anything like this out there?

acidhead
25-06-2003, 11:30 PM
a what?

a sequencer like a tb303's ? or something like an analogue sequencer where you have sliders and adjust the sliders for different notes?

or do u want a sequencer that predicts the next note in advance and uses portamento to glide to it b4 the note actually hits?

Barely Human
26-06-2003, 02:13 AM
Fruityloops mate!

miromiric.
26-06-2003, 08:42 AM
mate, why don`t u use SX`s step sequencer? i think it rocks, you can automate velocity, gate, harmony and stuff on it.
it is located in the effects card for midi tracks.

MARKEG
26-06-2003, 12:38 PM
miro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell is that avatar???

man where's your face gone :(

re: seq

the sx seq hasn't got a glide function i don't think :(

fruity hasn't either - has it ??? i don't use that prog too much u c...

i want a step seq that pretty much emulates the 303 that i can use with all sorts of sounds you c.

Barely Human
26-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Fruity has got glide mate!

schlongfingers
26-06-2003, 01:27 PM
In Fruity

click on the sample you want to use in the drum machine type screen

put in a few pitched notes of whatever sound you want to use

click on 'Misc', highlight poly and set max polyphony to one

move the slide knob to what soundz best :)

miromiric.
26-06-2003, 02:17 PM
this will be my avatar but only for couple of days, cause i ve been experiencing rectum attacks by a certain young mister called buttman. dont worry, soon i ll be back to the right side eh.

glide? use step filter, there is glide on it...

Barely Human
26-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah, there is a glide on the step sequencer. Click on the little piano symbol on the top right of the step sequencer, then the note editor will come up for that channel, at the top of this are the glide buttons.

miromiric.
26-06-2003, 03:22 PM
coool thanx mate! :)

and mark, i know you like my face of mine, but wasn`t it time to get known with my other body parts?

DJZeMig_L
26-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Step in SX does it... the actuall glide u just need 2 program in yer synth patch!!.. then use the slide in Step Seq from SX 2 longer the notes!!

Z

acidhead
26-06-2003, 08:46 PM
if u want glides in cubase just go to the list editor and use control change 64 - val = 0 for off and val = 127 for on

program it in step time and bobs ya half cousin who wears a gimp suit

DJZeMig_L
26-06-2003, 10:14 PM
hey acid,

On yer last tip.... don't ya need the synth/ patch 2 have such controller assigned 2 glide??? I mean it's not garantied it will work for every synth/ sound right??!

let me know,

Z

Barely Human
26-06-2003, 10:28 PM
hey acid,

On yer last tip.... don't ya need the synth/ patch 2 have such controller assigned 2 glide??? I mean it's not garantied it will work for every synth/ sound right??!

let me know,

Z

I think your right there mate, it will work with the soundcard synth though :(

acidhead
26-06-2003, 10:30 PM
its the standard midi cc for synths - like the volume is mostly standard

it works on my juno2 , deep bass nine , etc.. etc..

if it doesnt then just check the manual for the portamento on/off - tho i reckon 90% of em (apart from the 303 soft synth muon tau??) use it

shit - its cc 65 not 64 . typo sos :S

DJZeMig_L
26-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Okie that's what I was thinking... It will probably work with most synths!!

Z

acidhead
27-06-2003, 12:15 AM
http://tomscarff.tripod.com/midi_analyser/control_and_mode_changes.htm

try the link for a list of the control changes - these are standard - midi cc's

DJZeMig_L
27-06-2003, 02:50 AM
nice 1 m8...

I'll check these out later.. in fact @ my shop we do these producion courses so I have 2 know a "little" midi but I was never much bothered 2 memorise most of the controllers as very often synths won't obey 2 standards (@ least GM)... but I can sure use a smart easy chart... I would generaly list the cc from cubase.. u preaty much get the description 4 the essencials I guess...

But we always learn :)

Z

The Divide
29-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Not sure what the glides for, i would imagine that turns on portamento. If so then in a way you can have a glide on most stepsequencers and by swiching the portamento on the soft synth to on and turning the port value up. Then again you could be talking about something completly differant to what I am thinking of. I use the matrix in reason to create all my steppy stuff, the randomization button can prove amazing, then i would export the midi file into s.x and send it to where ever.

Ta

DJZeMig_L
30-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Not exactly the same (but some manufactures kinda mix' em all up so it doesn't make it any easyer lol) ...

Glide generally connects the 2 samples besides bending the pitch from the inicial note 2 the ending note...

So if u have portamento between 2 notes of the same pitch nothing happens.. with glide u get one loooong note (plastikman tb303 :P)... = the eg for the amp isn't triggered aswell... (but the eg 4 the filter yes.. but I could b wrong here.. not so sure)...

portamento only acts on notes with diferent pitches...

Glide acts when it programed or when 2 notes overlap (the end of one note 2 the beguinning of another)..

Guys correct me if I'm wrong.

Z

The 818 Kid
24-06-2007, 06:57 PM
why not jus play tha drums by hand n quantize em if neccessary (considerin u recordin midi)

i might start usin fl as a plugin in/doin ma drums in fl n bouncin em..

278d7e64a374de26f==