PDA

View Full Version : another apple question...re: logic and powerbooks

findthesolution
02-08-2005, 04:13 AM
How will Logic run on a G4 powerbook (1.5ghz, 167mhz frontside bus)? I rekkon it would be slow, wouldnt it? Is there any way around this?

g
02-08-2005, 06:25 AM
it'll run fine. in fact since they are both apple products, it'll run great.

as to how many tracks and plugs you can use at once, that all depends. so what do you want to do?

findthesolution
02-08-2005, 10:47 AM

as to how many tracks and plugs you can use at once, that all depends. so what do you want to do?

i want to at least run a few synth and sampler plugins at once...5 or 6 tops?

gonna want to run effects too...at least a compressor or 2 and some 'verb.

mattboyslim
02-08-2005, 01:47 PM

i want to at least run a few synth and sampler plugins at once...5 or 6 tops?

gonna want to run effects too...at least a compressor or 2 and some 'verb.i've run more than that on the 1ghz machine and it holds up fine. mac's aren;t like PCs in the sense that you need so much processor power. a 1.5ghz mac can operate aswell as a 3ghz PC, as long as its got enough ram

UngratefulNinja
02-08-2005, 01:50 PM
If you have the money left over after the powerbook and logic pro audio...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/PowerCoreFireWire

Outboard DSP chips, native set of plug ins that are specifically coded to run on the chips and remove cpu load. The reverb, 24/7 and compression plugins are supposed to be the biz.

Never tried one myself, but if I had logic pro audio at my disposal I would definetly look into this bad boy.

Not to mention you can get a damn near perfect rendition of the Virus Access B as a plug-in for it :rambo:

findthesolution
02-08-2005, 05:59 PM
:love:

wow that DSP unit is looking quite awesome! I've always heard things about DSP units, but I didnt know that they took the workload off the processor. thats kcufing dope.

thanks for your input guys. extremely helpful.

:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==