PDA

View Full Version : turntable stands

Dave Elyzium
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
what do you guys use to put ya decks on?

what are those fancy turntable stands like?? or is a good old lump of wood (ie a table) the best job??

robin m
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Well this is my somewhat tragic setup, I don't reccommend you copy it :dontevengothere:

The real tragedy is that they're not even 1210s balanced on those boxes, they're hand-me-down Geminis :cry:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1249/decks3nr.jpg

Dave Elyzium
03-08-2005, 06:34 PM
nice :)

spesh like the blue plastic cup! got the exact same ones myself - ikea special :)

what are the bits of paper on the decks for?

robin m
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
nice :)

spesh like the blue plastic cup! got the exact same ones myself - ikea special :)

what are the bits of paper on the decks for?

I've just had a look and the inside of the blue cup is crusted in some sort of scary brown sediment, I have no idea how long it's been there or what happened in it :neutral: fits the decor perfectly though ;)

The paper on the decks is to cover the lcd pitch displays, these are the first & only decks I've owned - I basically didn't want to get reliant on being able to exactly see the pitch when I started learning to mix and I've seen no reason since to uncover them.

Dave Elyzium
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
think this deserves its own thread:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=461182#461182

dan the acid man
03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
stick with a wooden table, deck stands are over priced crap imo

oldbugger
04-08-2005, 06:59 AM
get some kitchen worktops from somewhere like B&Q or something...ideal and cheap as hell

Eddie
04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I got the seafour x30 deck stand, plenty of storage and sturdy as you like, although i wouldnt get it again as £300 is a lot of money

TechMouse
04-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Sketch out a table along these lines...

+-----------------------+
| | | | |
| | | | |
|-----|-----|-----|-----|
| | | | |
| | | | |
+-----------------------+

That's two long horizontal bits (top and bottom), 5 medium vertical bits (sides and shelf dividers), and then 4 small horizontal bits (shelves themselves).

Put in some rough measurements - e.g. make the whole thing long enough for all your equipment (and then some), try and make each of the boxes that make up the frame at least 12" X 12".

Take the measurements down to B&Q and get them to cut out the pieces in MDF for you.

Buy some nails, and some little plastic brackets.

Put the whole lot together and voila....

Your own custom made deck stand, with space for all your equipment on top, and storage for shitloads of vinyl underneath. Your parents will be impressed.

Will take a photo of ours at some point if people are interested.

(Though ours was slightly different in the end).

Dj_Tyronnster
04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Mine is on a old cabinet sorta thing with 2 concrete blocks under a sheet of wood so it is higher up then on a coffin box

Agent 24
12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
mine are about 2ft off the floor, on a nest of coffee tables, so everything's on different levels! too embarrassed to post a pic! my parents seem very resentful about my music taking up all my spare time, and my record collection taking up all the space in the house, it must be a subtle hint... :cry:

dan the acid man
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
mine are about 2ft off the floor, on a nest of coffee tables, so everything's on different levels! too embarrassed to post a pic! my parents seem very resentful about my music taking up all my spare time, and my record collection taking up all the space in the house, it must be a subtle hint... :cry:

mine are on the floor :oops:

ive been saying id build myself something like techmouse posted, and put castors on it, as i have no more spare room to keep it in one place, so i'd have to be able to move it around, so i can still get to cupboards etc

Dj Swannie
13-08-2005, 10:46 AM
I got one of thease off of ebay :
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/c9/5e/77_1_b.JPG

Listing is here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTIMATE-DJ-DECK-STAND-1210-VESTAX-DJM-CDJ-1000_W0QQitemZ5797572741QQcategoryZ69965QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought it a few weeks ago for the new house im moving in to, only just put it together, its really well made & finnished also stores loads of vinyl, 3000 aparantly !

Cost me about £200 ish, well worth it imo.

278d7e64a374de26f==