PDA

View Full Version : feedback looping

doc12inch
03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
howdy ppl

i got a vid of james zabilia doing a feedback loop - hes doing it off the new efx 1000, ive tried doing it on my djm 600 and no luck.
http://www.doc12inch.co.uk/sets/MoreMadStuffTRICK1.mov

take a look at the video and try it yourselves and see if you can get it working cus i cant.

it might just be the fact hes using the seperate efx unit.

can anyone help?????

doc12inch
04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
no one know about this then?

Artone
12-12-2005, 11:59 PM
well can you explain what exactlly the problem is?
I can only say that feedback looping is an echo that just goes on forever and unless you can set the decay to infinity on your mixer you won't be able to do this. At least not possible on DJM 500 which i'm famiiliar with since you only have the timing control for echo.

[EDIT]:
ok, now I saw the video and I should say that even if you could set the decay amount on DJM 600 so that it never degrades you still woun't be able to edit it like in the video! I think using the sampler on your mixer is the only way to get close to this.

I hope it answers your question :)

doc12inch
13-12-2005, 01:22 PM
well can you explain what exactlly the problem is?
I can only say that feedback looping is an echo that just goes on forever and unless you can set the decay to infinity on your mixer you won't be able to do this. At least not possible on DJM 500 which i'm famiiliar with since you only have the timing control for echo.

[EDIT]:
ok, now I saw the video and I should say that even if you could set the decay amount on DJM 600 so that it never degrades you still woun't be able to edit it like in the video! I think using the sampler on your mixer is the only way to get close to this.

I hope it answers your question :)

i found out that the efx 500 and the efx 1000 are the only units that are capable of never endling echo

278d7e64a374de26f==