PDA

View Full Version : who wants a record deal?

Heroes
04-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Ive decided to bring "Template" back to life but in a bit of a unique way. i want to use it as a springboard for the people on this forum and to hopefully inject some unreleased talent out there. this has always been the policy of most of my labels right from the beggining but sometimes its hard to get 3 tracks worthy of releasing, no disrespect to producers out there, i sometimes myself let slip on the 3rd track not intentionally but when i look back it happens, hands up :oops: What each ep will be is a combination of artists, so iam keeping it to mini compilation various eps, theres no time length on how long ill keep it going, but if its sucessful and its doing the job it was set out to then itll keep rolling

after having a discussion on here with various people, its opened my eyes about taking time to listen to demos, which in the past got to a point i just never had the time, not even to say thanyou for sending, very very very wrong, sorry if that happened to you...

now doing this kinda label will be an experiment, iam not giving no promises, or false illusions of fat record deal pay checques or stick with me son ill make you a star. I just like to do something for the frustrated people on here who get bumped week in week out send there demos to people like me who in the past didnt have the time to check...

iam not writing no fancy contract because that dosnt make you anymore a producer, its gonna be clean n simple, but there will be an agreement that covers you, but not no lengthy 3 pager. iam not getting into all that mcps copyright s**t thats f*****ed us up as it is...My main idea about royalties is on a monthly wage basis, but please consider this that the old days have gone, way gone infact and when ya consider that even the big big players of past are only moving 1500 units as apposed to 8000 it gives you a reality check. So really the future for new producers to break through is very bleak indead as labels are sticking with established producers more and more.......

well theres my rant if you want to be apart the only thing i would ask is links to your tracks. i always have a mac or pc bolted to my head so as soon as i see a link ill check it. please email any questions or track links to

the_urban_warrior@mac.com

regards
Glenn

Si the Sigh
04-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Fair play to you Glenn! Thats a fantastic idea. :clap:

The Overfiend
04-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Good Go Glenn
Good Luck Motherf*ckers!

robin m
04-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah, respect for doing this - it's an excellent idea and I'll definitely be very keen to take a look at anything that gets released from it.

Fair play :clap:

lau
04-08-2005, 10:02 AM
This is dope!!

Great idea :clap:

But for what kind of sound are you looking...??

is it going to be a bit more experimental... or just straight banging stuff..?? Or are there no boundaries... that would help me to choose some tracks to send to you...

:rambo:

Heroes
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
iam up for some xperimental stuff, jacking stuff, minimal stuff, bass heavy stuff, but no hardore 155 stuff sorry. i just wanna get a good width of style, dirty sounds, even scarry stuff you know other labels aint gonna wanna touch, even like 1 minute bonuses for djs, intros, outros, iam thinking like eps that you can play through the night, start, middle, end. you people are the voice, iam just gonna break the majour label stranglehold and stigma, well put a dent in it anyways......

Komplex
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Excellent move mate!

I've always had visions of labels like this. Music that goes somewhere. A release that has a start, middle and ending. Variety and high quality. And most of all music with feel.

I'll definately send you some stuff.

:)

dan the acid man
04-08-2005, 11:48 AM
cool, nice to see people like you and dirty bass putting out these opportunities for people

gumpy green
04-08-2005, 12:18 PM
props glenn.
i only wish i could send you summin decent......will try and get me finger out one day and hopefully opertunitis like this are still kicking about.

respect for doing this as some folk just need that wee bit help.

gumpy green
04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
plus template rocks......i really like the sound earlier ones.

gary_human
04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
nice one Glenn!!

What if your not PC efficient enough to know how or where to upload ur tracks ? Are you going to listen to demo "cds" aswell ?

Heroes
04-08-2005, 12:55 PM
iam gonna set up an upload account on some space on my ftp to make it easier if people dont have space, any simple ftp programme will get you up there, if people need help and are unfamiliar with ftps then theres help here at hand

fatcollective
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
wikid news, we got quite a bit of stuff here now....i'll get some links sent as soon as i get home.

The Divide
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
This is a brilliant idea

JamieBall
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
props glenn.
i only wish i could send you summin decent......will try and get me finger out

DF vs JB ?

I'm down. :twisted:

gumpy green
04-08-2005, 02:40 PM
props glenn.

DF vs JB ?

ill try me best jamie...im defo down.

JamieBall
04-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Aye, 'mon then.

This weekend or sometime soon.

Should be simple enough to get something nutty done between the 2/3/4 of us.

gumpy green
04-08-2005, 03:01 PM
got the prodigy tommorrwo but the rest of weekend/next week is coolio.

should have ingredients tonight ;)

JamieBall
04-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Do something over the weekend I reckon, Sunday sounds good.

Roast and the like, what say you ?

Not sure about venturing out on the bike tonight, btw... Weather sucks big time :-(

eyes without a face
04-08-2005, 04:46 PM
wikid idea, il send u some links shortly Glenn

FuK-NuT
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
props glenn.

DF vs JB ?

count me in m8.....am gona take a couple o days of and camp at turning
point hq....and get this shit banged oot....artwork an all ;)

:cool:

JamieBall
04-08-2005, 05:16 PM
props glenn.

DF vs JB ?

count me in m8.....am gona take a couple o days of and camp at turning
point hq....and get this shit banged oot....artwork an all ;)

:cool:

See yuz on Sunday (maybe sat night??)

audioinjection
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
nice one, sounds like a good idea

RDR
04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
When are you going to post the FTP links Glenn?

Sorry if i sound a bit premature. dont mean to. its just i got stuff ready.

Traxx
04-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Already has...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37784

loopdon
04-08-2005, 06:31 PM
glenn, you're a true soldier!

thanks for such an opportunity!!

The Overfiend
04-08-2005, 11:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/isawyoureyes/immortal.gif

holotropik
05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Fantastic!!

Will send you my latest track.

Joseph Isaac
05-08-2005, 05:12 AM
Nice one Glenn...major respect.

da hound
05-08-2005, 07:21 AM
fair fukin play glenn :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RDR
05-08-2005, 09:43 AM

Already has...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37784

:doh: blind,blind,blind.

Mindful
05-08-2005, 09:49 PM
cool as fu*k Glenn thats somthing to do with my sleepless nights for the next month thanks

278d7e64a374de26f==