PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Blue eyes under a dark sky - 4x4 Darkness

dirty_bass
04-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Decided to take the Voidloss concept into the 4x4 techno area.
Something dark of course, but a bit more dancefloor friendly than most of the Voidloss Series.
This`ll be the last post for a while as I have loads of promotion work and stuff to sort out.
Words by Me, Vocals by XFive, thanks again Chris.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Blue%20eyes%20under%20a%20dark%20sky%20(master) .mp3
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/SingJ.jpg

BRADLEE
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
That sounds really dope Steve, and the sound quality is extremely good as always. Nice, Clear, and punchy. Plus that will indeed drive the dancefloor for sure. :clap:

Best wishes on your promo work.

fatcollective
04-08-2005, 08:05 PM
This is pretty shit hot man, i much prefer it when you make this kind of music Mr DB. I couldnt fault the track at all! The vocals are amazing and really create a darkness in the track along with all the other weird but seriousness going on. Also think the bass is fvcking spot on and the use of perc and hats is just enough ...great stuff, love it ! :clap: :clap:

zoid

StoQ
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
twisted material!!! kickin ass darkside!!! love it. production quality as always :clap: :clap:

j_s
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
/very nice. bass is fvcking sweet - is it just reverb from the kick? percussion is tight & snappy, atmospheres are lush....
good work...

MITA
05-08-2005, 02:03 PM
This is one dark and deep track DBass
makes me think more than i do usually..and thats a lot
like to hear this kinda stuff from u more than the ponuders
love the hi hat,and the noise in front that cuts..
everything else is in place 4 me!
great job.would spin this,as much as i would listen to it at home
darkk shite :clap:

loopdon
05-08-2005, 07:32 PM
this is the shiznet, dirty!
i have listened to this about 10 times in arow.
i prefer your 4*4 stuff. this is a really bad banger. haaunting!!!

Mindful
05-08-2005, 09:20 PM
You know im DL this now will diasect it tonight :lol:

Is that pic the Album cover? looks cool

Much love and luck with the promotion for this project man.

dan the acid man
06-08-2005, 01:38 AM
great track, nice vocals, great production, the hats dont seem to bight through the mix though

Mindful
06-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Good track,good vibe(or bad vibe even)exelent production,good arrangement and Im loving that sneaky little syth and its timing :clap:

DJStorm
07-08-2005, 02:20 PM
The bass and background sound are amazing. The vocals really kickass too. Overall it sounds so 'simple' yet so fresh and well produced. Great job.

dirty_bass
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Cheers folks, this tune came to me very easily, and for a change I am almost happy with the results.

To answer the bass question.
Well, I`m not gonna give all my secrets away, but no, the bass is not kick reverb. It utilises bass chords.

xfive
08-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Wicked job mate.. I love how this turned out :clap: :clap:

Evil G
08-08-2005, 11:57 PM
wow

The Overfiend
09-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Exemplary work fellas.

BloodStar
09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
huh,,this bass is ****in heavy. :clap: really like the bottom end in this track.. and that voice sounds dope. love the atmo,.and all the synths,, but missing some more harshing mids,,or something like that,. production sounds perfect as always, and track aswel.. even some more crispy distorted parts would be nice,., but very nice as it is,deffinitely :clap:

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
huh,,this bass is **** heavy. :clap: really like the bottom end in this track.. and that voice sounds dope. love the atmo,.and all the synths,, but missing some more harshing mids,,or something like that,. production sounds perfect as always, and track aswel.. even some more crispy distorted parts would be nice,., but very nice as it is,deffinitely :clap:

Well the vocal is very important, and consumes a rather large part of the mid range.
Adding further mid range, especially distorted, would clutter the mix.
A sacrifice I had to make, compensated by the fact that the beat is extra heavy.

BloodStar
09-08-2005, 05:10 PM
aha,,i see.. iwas thinking of it,. if you mixed bottom+vocal and you kept importnace on that vocal than rest of sounds,. better spacey than cluttered,. agree,. like the track a lot,,after few listens. :clap:

dirty_bass
09-08-2005, 05:44 PM
If I were to do a non vocal mix, then I would fill the space with some nasty synth/percussion though :rambo:

jonp7
09-08-2005, 06:18 PM
This is very well produced. I'm usually over in the Hard trance forum but thought i'd pop over to here for a listen, glad i did! Loving the arrangement in this track, well done guys.

Tik Tok
13-08-2005, 10:15 AM
definatly love this one, productions really crisp...very spacey!

StoQ
15-08-2005, 07:54 AM
...life is in your mind... this sentence gave me a lot to think. cheers man

dirty_bass
15-08-2005, 12:29 PM

Cool man, although the words "life is in your mind" don`t appear anywhere within this tune.
:lol:

benzene
15-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Now this ... is inspiring ... the hihats are real subtle and there is a feeling of space and darkness which I really like.

The kick drum is scary - fits the ambience real nice.

All in all a good track - good for the dancefloor and for sitting with a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon ;)

audioinjection
23-08-2005, 02:55 AM
damn, how come i didnt hear this before

very very nice shit steve!! (and chris on the vox ;))

im lovin it :clap:

The Divide
23-08-2005, 05:30 AM
slick :twisted:

dan the acid man
26-08-2005, 12:32 AM

Cool man, although the words "life is in your mind" don`t appear anywhere within this tune.
:lol:

he played it backwords and got the sentence "life is in your mind, now go and buy 15 curly wurlys from tescos and beat policemen with them" :shock:

subliminal messages in techno :nono: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==