PDA

View Full Version : Where's owen off...?

Traxx
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I read on the text last night that he'd confirmed he had held prelimary talks with four clubs (premier?). I just cant see him comin back to us, what with signing lerch & the rest of the strikers. Newcastle will go for him for definate i think. Id suppose united would be interested but whether he would choose to go there i dont know. Doubt chelsea because he wouldnt be a guarenteed starter. Thats what he's gonna be lookin for with the world cup around the corner. lyon are interested as well.

Where do you reckon?

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
would he be a guaranteed striker at united though with rooney & ruud.

i have a feeling he might go the mancs though.

Traxx
04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Do you get the echo in wool land downie? There was about 5/6 letter in there saying everton should go for him. :lol:

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 05:06 PM
of course we get the echo, ****in hell lad, birkenhead is only over the river haha we are closer to city centre than you are haha, contary to belief to some scousers we are merseyside :lol: yeah i seen that, dont think we will be splashing out on him, i would love it though if we did!!

robbie keane should come to the blues he would suit us down to the ground.

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
cant go without me pink echo on a saturday :lol: even better now its in the middle of the paper.

"late echoooooooooo, get your late echooooooooo"

how come all echo sellers sound the same :lol:

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
http://www.photo-transport.co.uk/buses/photos/birkenhead.JPG

you can see how close we are too liverpool ere, i used to work at that sand coloured building on the left next door to the echo building :lol:

obviously we are not as advanced as the pool looking at our buses :lol:

Traxx
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Aye the pink echo is the shit when the season is goin. Years of training that for them to all sound the same. Whats a job...

"late echoooooooo"

"get your late echoooo"

:lol:

Traxx
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.photo-transport.co.uk/buses/photos/birkenhead.JPG

you can see how close we are too liverpool ere, i used to work at that sand coloured building on the left next door to the echo building :lol:

obviously we are not as advanced as the pool looking at our buses :lol:

Ill have to put my glasses on :lol:

thats the royal sun alliance building innit? went for a interview in there ages ago. Needless to say i didnt get it :lol:

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 05:39 PM
tis indeed, beast of a place, cinema in it and everything.

i ****ed the job off to get stoned everyday instead though, was only 16 :lol:

Traxx
04-08-2005, 05:47 PM
As you do :lol:

jam
04-08-2005, 05:55 PM
The only choice for him i reckon is Everton.Fergie doesn't want him either does Raffa or Wenger.So that leaves Chelsea,Spurs,Newcastle and Everton.

Chelsea,wont get him as he wants first team football.Spurs maybe an option if they can afford his wages after the spending spree they have had.Newcastle is a no no as they are a club on the fall with a shite chairmen and a shite manager.Everton for me looks like his only option in the Premiership am i right in thinking that he was an Everton fan as a kid? and they have champions league football plus thats where his family is.

Traxx
04-08-2005, 06:27 PM
The champions league signing on deadline is really soon though isnt it, next couple of days? There's no guarentee everton wil get through the 3rd round anyways & i doubt he'd consider going there in the first place. Newcastle for me unless someone else from europe comes in. Be strange him playing for someone else in the prem :eh:

Traxx
04-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Lyon president has said that he'd like to bring him there, could be a possibility with gerard frog bein there.

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 06:38 PM
The champions league signing on deadline is really soon though isnt it, next couple of days? There's no guarentee everton wil get through the 3rd round anyways & i doubt he'd consider going there in the first place. Newcastle for me unless someone else from europe comes in. Be strange him playing for someone else in the prem :eh:

well for a start he is a blue.

and why the **** would he want to go to newcastle????

Traxx
04-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Whether he is a blue or not he still wants to win things & whats he gonna win at everton other then the odd domestic cup maybe? I aint havin a go but its a fact. Fair enough on newcastle, but there the only ones that have come out & said there interested. None of the others have.

and why the **** would he want to go to newcastle????

Why would he want to go to everton apart from "being a blue" as you like pointing out?

Esox Lucius
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
everton have got a lot more going for them than the toon.

chelsea wont want him, i doubt arsenal will.

united are sorted for strikers.

i dont think we will sign him, we couldnt afford him i dont reckon, but it would nt be a bad move for him.

Traxx
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Come on lad it would be a bad move. Goin anywhere outside the top 3 teams or ourselves for goin back to what he knows would be a bad move.

jam
05-08-2005, 05:36 AM
To be fair they only reason anyone will go newcastle is hollywood wages

lukekendall
05-08-2005, 08:35 AM
i think he will stay at madrid, i think rafa dont rate him anyway or why he sell him!

arsenal and chelsea dont want him, i think the only option is man u but i cant see it happening

i think owen is a former shadow of what he used to be, after all them injurys, dont get me wrong his record is amazing but he aint nothing what he used to be, he is a tap in master now, he used to take people on and then score!!

i think he will not go newcastle as they are not what he is looking for, and i think defoe, and robbie keane are better options at spurs so i think hes going to waste on the bench :doh:

everton could be an option maybe? or lyon?

french_og
05-08-2005, 09:41 AM
He is still one of the best finishers in the world and his hat rick against Columbia was clinical. I think maybe a loan move could be on the cards if anything.

Think he would improve the Chelsea as that was one area they were probably a bit shy in last season although they have since got Crespo back.

Maybe he would fancy a loan move to Newcastle for a season playing with Shearer again.

Id rather he never came back to England for his sake as there are too many games, he looked a lot sharper last season and never got injured at all where as when he played in the Premiership he always picked up a hamstring strain.

jam
05-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I think his game has improved loads while he has been in Madrid,i certainly think hes better than Defoe or Keane

278d7e64a374de26f==