PDA

View Full Version : Arturia Storm music studio vs Reaktor 4

anyoneveryone
27-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Just bought Reaktor 4 few weeks ago but is proving to be the mother of headfuqs- any tips anyone? And isn't the instruction manual seriously useless?

Has anyone any experience with Auturia Storm? It seems quite easy to use and I'm planning on getting it depending on circumstances. But is it something that I could use on it's own to create stuff that is releaseable? Any advise would be most welcome folks- cheers from a confused techno head.

DJZeMig_L
27-06-2003, 02:57 AM
Reaktor.. still 2 using templates and already made synth .. get a feel 4 the programs and slowly build up from that... U need some extensive synth knowledge (especialy on modulars)... the learning curve with reaktor can b quite steap..

arturia... Moog Modular V .. ohhh my god!!! :shock: :D :)

Storm I think it is quite good... I guess it's somewhere in between Fruity and Reason.... If u r going 2 use only original software (NICE :) ) Storm is your seq. (with out having 2 fork out a lot on seq. + synths + plug ins).. if u ain't (Bad boy .. shame on ya) it is still very good, but I wouldn't part from my fruity Studio... but maybe I am being partial... try the demo 4 a size 4 a while!!

Z

anyoneveryone
27-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey thanks for your kind advise- I'm going to download the demo now; loved your KR remix by the way man!

anyoneveryone
27-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey thanks for your kind advise- I'm going to download the demo now; loved your KR remix by the way man!

DJZeMig_L
27-06-2003, 04:12 AM
thakz m8... I guess there r more crazy people in the world besides me ;) ehehe

Z

miromiric.
27-06-2003, 07:34 AM
i usually use premade synth for r4, but i like to enhance them by inserting some effects and stuff into their structure. just one routing more and your sound goes in completely different direction.
i m building my own library and presets for each type of sound - hats, bass, kicks, etc.

professor
27-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I use reaktor 4 in Logic6 as an audio unit. It is really quarky. If I record a track in logic with a complex bassline using reaktor, sometimes the reaktor synth will not play all of the notes. Now it doesn't happen all of the time...just occasionally. So i'm left with a bassline and an occasional missed note...very strange. So i just use reaktor4 for chill synth lines or atmospheres. For that it is really nice.

278d7e64a374de26f==