PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggh!

The Divide
07-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Nightmare

Just had to format my C drive and all my 'audio plug-in chainer' presets for sound forge wont open

I have all the files and when I drop them into the folder in SF nothing happens. Tried the migration functions which work for switching between users, no success.

Also tried dropping the origional SF program folder onto the newly installed one (I backed up the folder)

Tried using 'preset manager' too

:cry:

Any ideas?

massplanck
07-08-2005, 09:58 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeeeeee noooooooooooooooooooooo ideeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas... ssssorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

detfella
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:lol:

Hes formatted it anyways. Now I must attend to my goat....

Komplex
09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
I absolutely dread formatting but it must be done at least once a year. It always pisses me off :evil:

All I do now is copy the whole hard drive onto dvd's and put everything that needs to be back piece by piece.

RDR
09-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Havent formatted in three years. No problems here.

The Divide
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I do it every 6 months, really brings down the cpu and let me reorganise

Theres a pdf file on't I follow too for tweaks

http://www.tascamgiga.com/pdf/optimizing-xp-and-2k.pdf

Not forgetting running XP lite :love:

lau
09-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Printed this out and gonna read it...!!

I really feel like im not getting everyting out of my pc...

hope this helps!

g
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
this can't be news to y'all but just in case: www.musicxp.net

massplanck
09-08-2005, 07:22 PM

:clap:

neilried
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM

Very good set of tips that one but be carefull, the one about speeding up menus via a registry fix is barely worth doing and is a pain in the ass...

For example in Logic when you try to select a plug in, the delay is to enable you to select a item in the menu, it pauses then opens the sub menu of that allowing you time to pick your option on the first menu.

If you remove the delay as that guide suggests there is no pause and the dam thing will always open the sub menu instantly..

Crap description I know but change the menu speed and try selecting a stereo plugin in Logic... it will nearly always open the mono plugin menu unless your lightning quick on the mouse...

Dan Devious
12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
gutted :shock:

distek
16-08-2005, 02:18 PM
i really could do with formatting my comp, but last time i did so i lost a hell of a lot of work via cubase, ive found that if you dont put everything back in exactly the same place as it was before you formatted (plug in's in exact same location) it kind of ****s up, has anyone else had this problem (cant find plugins, instruments ect)
with regards to samples you can manually locate them, bit of a ball ache like, but plug in's if it cant find them then ur ****ed? or mayb not? anyone?

g
16-08-2005, 06:03 PM

Very good set of tips that one but be carefull, the one about speeding up menus via a registry fix is barely worth doing and is a pain in the ass...

For example in Logic when you try to select a plug in, the delay is to enable you to select a item in the menu, it pauses then opens the sub menu of that allowing you time to pick your option on the first menu.

If you remove the delay as that guide suggests there is no pause and the dam thing will always open the sub menu instantly..

Crap description I know but change the menu speed and try selecting a stereo plugin in Logic... it will nearly always open the mono plugin menu unless your lightning quick on the mouse...
i think you can/probably should avoid most registry tweaks and still benefit greatly from the rest of the suggestions on that site.

mindfunker
17-08-2005, 09:46 AM
To Dis-Tek

Hi can I suggest that you 'ghost' your hardrive and then everything should be where you left it etc....

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 10:14 AM
To Dis-Tek

Hi can I suggest that you 'ghost' your hardrive and then everything should be where you left it etc....

rite, rite, so do you mean use acronis?? take an image??

g
17-08-2005, 05:57 PM
or norton ghost

278d7e64a374de26f==