PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "1 hour closer to the Apocalypse" LIVE PA

BRADLEE
08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
http://www.gmu.edu/org/apathy/images/fall2001/apocalypse.jpg

Hey guys, I did a live set this weekend with almost no prep work, but I think it turned out ok. Just went and rocked a little where house of rougly 150 people, but it went off pretty well. It was recorded from the line out of a dj mixer, so quality is pretty good.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE_1hour+closer+2+the+Apocalypse.mp3

Please have a listen and I hope you enjoy it.

The Overfiend
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
You givin' em the business or what! :twisted:
Zeitgeist coming soon to provde the soundtrack to hell. :rambo:

The Overfiend
08-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok gave it a good lissen.
Only thing missing was some melodies here and there and some synth work.
Otherwise like I said this is the f*ckin business.

BRADLEE
08-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks Ant, just some drummy goodness to bang the speakers homie. It's all still a work in progress though really. I think it's my fifth actual time doing the PA and it gets a bit better each time I think. I'll see what I can do in the future more so with it as it evolves.

I hope that others can handle the constant assualt of rhythms. :twisted:

The Overfiend
09-08-2005, 08:24 PM
bump

BRADLEE
16-08-2005, 07:18 PM
It's all good Ant, no love from the homies on here at BOA. No big deal though, the German kids really seem to be loving what I'm doing.

massplanck
16-08-2005, 09:38 PM
It's all good Ant, no love from the homies on here at BOA. No big deal though, the German kids really seem to be loving what I'm doing.

awww. i'm grabing it now Brad. :lol:

BRADLEE
16-08-2005, 09:40 PM
awww. i'm grabing it now Brad.

Well I guess I wouldn't give a **** if I did not atleast try to review peoples stuff. Plus I know it's not total shit...so people could at the very least comment.

Hope you like it amigo. :cool:

Traxx
16-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Ill give this a listen tomorrow chief.

massplanck
16-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Plus I know it's not total shit...

No its not. Its pretty shit hot from what im hearing so far. :rambo:

:clap:

basslinejunkie
16-08-2005, 10:46 PM
dont take it personally,hardly any1 replies in here,theyre just leaches! :twisted:

il d/l an let ya know what i think.

massplanck
16-08-2005, 10:46 PM
The only thing id change or be bothered with about this are those HP/'filter sweeps\delays that happen the odd time for some breaks etc. Your prob just fluting around with them live though.

Tunes are tight as a ducks arse & you sound like your having loads of fun which is what its all about..

loadsa clappies... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
16-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Cool, thanks guys, yeah I didn't plan out any of the PA at all. This one just got laid down becuase a friend asked me to come play at his ware house. He does Art shows on the weekend and I guess I was just entertaining 150 art people... :lol:

I am looking for a better filter too. I'm really not liking that one for live. Does anyone have a better suggestion as for a good real time filter with good automation??

massplanck
16-08-2005, 11:15 PM
I am looking for a better filter too. I'm really not liking that one for live. Does anyone have a better suggestion as for a good real time filter with good automation??

Minion?

BRADLEE
16-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Minion?

Is that a free one? I'll look it up on the web...

massplanck
16-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Minion?

Is that a free one? I'll look it up on the web...

hear ya go.

http://www.devine-machine.com/minion/

its waay more subtle.. i love it.

You have me ditching the ****ed up mentalist wonky shit tonight and im hammering it out on my kit for the first time ages :lol:

BRADLEE
16-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Cool homie, thanks for the link. I am downloading it as I type!!! Thanks for the info, that one looks pretty nice.

basslinejunkie
18-08-2005, 12:21 PM
v good mix this,really raw an in yer face :rambo: :clap:

Traxx
18-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Not bad at all :cool:

BRADLEE
18-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for reviewing my LIVE PA guys, very happy that you both enjoyed it. I will post another one in the coming months, I will also post an ableton mix of my tunes as well soon. Probably not for another month or so. Just trying to finish up some projects at the moment.

robin m
19-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Really enjoying this one man, it's dirty in all the right places. Nice one!

:clap:

massplanck
19-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for reviewing my LIVE PA guys, very happy that you both enjoyed it. I will post another one in the coming months, I will also post an ableton mix of my tunes as well soon. Probably not for another month or so. Just trying to finish up some projects at the moment.

Did you do this liveset in abelton too?

BRADLEE
19-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Did you do this liveset in abelton too?

Yes sir, I did. I just made a bunch of little pieces (I.E. Kick loops, percussive loops, little stab loops, FX Sounds and so on....) then I just briong all of them (about 200 pieces) into live and I am arranging them in real time to do the live PA.

I use 2 midi controllers to do it too. I have the UC33-e for the faders and the knobs to trigger FX. Then I am using an Alesis photon x25 for triggering sounds and the knobs for the FX ont he master channel.

So there is my method if that makes any sense.... :?:

The Overfiend
19-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Tell Tm Bout ZeitGeist Brad! yea yea yea yea!

RDR
26-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Good on ya Brad.

Am loving this.

Peace bro.. PM me man i wanna hear how you and yours are faring!

The Overfiend
26-08-2005, 10:44 PM
the Zeit Geist Pa is in progress now will have posted SOON.

BRADLEE
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
dodgyedgy Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:06 pm Post subject:

Good on ya Brad.

Am loving this.

Peace bro.. PM me man i wanna hear how you and yours are faring!

REally happy you are enjoying it homie. I will indeed get in contact with you Via PM as well homie.

the Zeit Geist Pa is in progress now will have posted SOON.

For sure and I will also have a new solo pa posted soon as well. I've been trying to make it a bit more dynamic. Just did a little more synth work and kind of organized it a bit better.

All of my other pa's before including this one posted here, were just done on the fly really. I didn't plan anything.....other than making the bits.

But my next one will be more organized for sure.

AS for Ant and I doing the ZEITGEIST PROJECT, I cannot divulge exactly what we're going to do. However expect the superb TRIBAL GOODNESS that Ant brings to the table combined with my grimy KLANK and CLACK type of sounds. PLus I've bene really trying to work on my synth patterns and I've got a whole load of new loops I've made recently. So that will also be a part of this Live performance project. Either way when Ant and I work together, you should expect good things. When we get together to work on musik, things just fall right into place. We just have to find time to do so.

278d7e64a374de26f==