PDA

View Full Version : midlands scene

jimmy west
09-08-2005, 06:33 PM
ive brought subject up before but stuff it there needs to be more decent techno nights in the midlands the southwest,wales and the far north seem to get the bulk of the quality underground nights why i dont know. I know there are some quality nights like underground city and atomic in brum but i dont see much else on a more regular basis. any suggestions?

djbuzzbe
09-08-2005, 07:33 PM
no

TechMouse
10-08-2005, 10:23 AM
ive brought subject up before but stuff it there needs to be more decent techno nights in the midlands the southwest,wales and the far north seem to get the bulk of the quality underground nights why i dont know. I know there are some quality nights like underground city and atomic in brum but i dont see much else on a more regular basis. any suggestions?

Also House of God.

conflict
10-08-2005, 10:45 AM
pure filth in nottingham is always a good night

me and some friends did a few nights in leicester called corrupted world, but havent done any this year due to 3 of us all starting out on various business ventures.

However we're all in agreement about an iminent return

There is definately a shortage though when you compare the amount of good nights there are up north and in london

Jay Sanders
10-08-2005, 10:58 AM
yeah we have hardly nothing here in the South west!! The only nights i can think of are Vagisness, Atmosphere... and ..... oh thats it!!

I live in Exeter and there is nothing in the surrounding area at all... its all Hard Trance and Hardstyle.... Im seriously thinking of putting on my own event to see if something can be mad eof it down here..... very depressing with the lack of techno.

I know theres Pure Filth in Nottingham and Atomic Jam and House of God in Brum... but they are like 3 - 4 hours drive and that always is a downer for someone to have to drive there aswell.

TechMouse
10-08-2005, 11:43 AM
However we're all in agreement about an iminent return
Keep me posted.

TechMouse
10-08-2005, 11:44 AM
yeah we have hardly nothing here in the South west!! The only nights i can think of are Vagisness, Atmosphere... and ..... oh thats it!!

I live in Exeter and there is nothing in the surrounding area at all... its all Hard Trance and Hardstyle.... Im seriously thinking of putting on my own event to see if something can be mad eof it down here..... very depressing with the lack of techno.

Think there's a bit of stuff down Brighton way...

... ask Small Paul.

Jay Sanders
10-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah but still the same thing thats its the distance.... i do love travelling to events as its part of the fun i think but it can also be one hell of a mission too!!

Jack
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Do nights around Shropshire which is Midlands.
U-like soundsystem been going 3 years.
Next indoor 23rd sept Alex Calver @ cellars in the Buttermarket, Shrewsbury.
Next outdoor end of august start of sept in a wood near shropshire ;)

Laterz

Francisco Scaramanga
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
We've (Scaramanga) got Ade Fenton coming to play in the Vaults in Shrewsbury (Shropshire) on Bank Holiday sunday - should be a laugh, it'll all be set up in arguably the best beer garden in shrewsbury, a nice sun trap right under the castle, free entry all day and night, tunes from midday onwards, and a barbecue.

Should be a laugh, Fenton in a beer garden! It'll be quite an event I reckon, if anyone is interested in coming from out of town, the Vaults does have decent rooms available for cheap. Should be a brilliant way to enjoy our last bank holiday till christmas.

Keep eyes peeled for the official notice that I will put up in a day or two when all details are sorted.

We've got some stuff coming up in the Buttermarket as well - we'll have to meet sometime Jack. I've been to a few of your nights before actually, Angus (other half of Scaramanga) played at one a few years back as well. Please please please give us a shout about this outdoor one you've got in mind, we havent been able to do any outdoor ones this year for various reasons, so I am absolutely itching for some shropshire techno rave action.

pablo_sonic_terrorist
11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
They don't all have to be big to be great, i think the midlands scene is thriving, i'm gigging somewhere every weekend, three times this week. DIY is a strong ethic here in the Midlands, but it is quite fragmented, lots of smaller rigs doing there own thing for there mates.

Underground city tied together loads of free party systems for the last one, i thought that was a great idea. Maybe we need to get together more. I am part of Scum Like Us, FoundNation, both party rigs and we also do a club night called Saucered in Coventry. If anyone is thinking of doing link ups, PM me.

We could all sit here talking about it or we could take my favored route;
Get the F*CK on with it!

TechMouse
11-08-2005, 01:09 PM
we also do a club night called Saucered in Coventry.
Interesting... where does that take place?

(I grew up in Kenilworth)

pablo_sonic_terrorist
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
We have been doing Saucered for 6 years, with a strict Techno policy. We have moved venue a few times but managed to keep the amazing friendly vibe where ever we have moved.

Just booked up 6 months worth of gigs at Graduates (The old Godiva) in town.

We kick off the winter season on the 24th September.

Even down the road the other way in Leamington Spa, with Scum Like Us we got 260 people into the community centre which finished at only midnight!

Tonight is Kelly's in Leamington for more Techno shenanagans :clap:

pablo_sonic_terrorist
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
when did you leave Kenilworth?

TechMouse
11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
when did you leave Kenilworth?
2000 - came up to Notts for Uni.

Came down to one of your free parties a while back though.

Just off the road between Kenilworth and Leam.

Good night that was, if a little random and insane.

doc12inch
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I tried putting on techno nights for a few months up in wolves but the turn outs were poor - its a shame a few years back they would have been full.

if anyone has got any nights on in the local wolverhampton/birmingham areas let me know.

i alreayd know of a few but i need to know more - need to getting gigging more aswell :)

the scene needs support

Jack
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
We've (Scaramanga) got Ade Fenton coming to play in the Vaults in Shrewsbury (Shropshire) on Bank Holiday sunday - should be a laugh, it'll all be set up in arguably the best beer garden in shrewsbury, a nice sun trap right under the castle, free entry all day and night, tunes from midday onwards, and a barbecue.

Should be a laugh, Fenton in a beer garden! It'll be quite an event I reckon, if anyone is interested in coming from out of town, the Vaults does have decent rooms available for cheap. Should be a brilliant way to enjoy our last bank holiday till christmas.

Keep eyes peeled for the official notice that I will put up in a day or two when all details are sorted.

We've got some stuff coming up in the Buttermarket as well - we'll have to meet sometime Jack. I've been to a few of your nights before actually, Angus (other half of Scaramanga) played at one a few years back as well. Please please please give us a shout about this outdoor one you've got in mind, we havent been able to do any outdoor ones this year for various reasons, so I am absolutely itching for some shropshire techno rave action.

Fenton in a pub on sunday good stuff...
We are doing a free party that weekend i suspect so might not be able to make it till later on, what times it going till. will let u know more soon thou, when i do,

nice 1

Jack

nihilist
15-08-2005, 11:41 AM
i strongly recomend one of pablos nights in coventry/leamington allways have a good night there, ive only just read this thread but ive just put on my night toxic city last friday in brum and the next one will be in november. also in brum is osmosis and hex-a-tek. at the moment we are looking for a new venue as weve lost the presant one.so there is loads going on, just keep checking on here.

next hex-a-tek is friday 26th august at the windsor,cannon street,brum with cyber steve

Tony
22-08-2005, 05:11 PM
i put on nights of major artists from around the world in a small intimiate venue. its not hard/normal techno, but techno and electro/idm they certainly are.
next up is SMASH TV from bpitch control. thats should be ****ing awesome!!

mr burns
22-08-2005, 05:46 PM

I know theres Pure Filth in Nottingham and Atomic Jam and House of God in Brum... but they are like 3 - 4 hours drive and that always is a downer for someone to have to drive there aswell.

as of dec 10th we are doing underground city at the lakota in bristol aswell as birmingham,every other month, we also plan on doing more events in birmingham nxt year, we are doing every other month at the custard factory and planning more events aswell, we will also be b bringing over european artists from nxt year, and will be having huge line-ups, the more support we recieve the more will get invested into the night, jimmy west i noticed on another post you said u wanted some1 to book jeff amadeus we have him playing at uc on nov11th alongside chris liberator and D.A.V.E b2b and many other top artists from each scene

numbworx
30-08-2005, 05:03 PM
We've been putting on MOVE / Tremors Recordings parties in Coventry for a while.... kickin' back off on Sat 17th Sept at Graduates (..same place that Saucered use). Its pretty much about the hard techno / Tremors sound with a rotation of a few residents including Orzels Machine & Martyn Hare Live amongst others.
- Maybe see you there then Jimmy!?

-----------------------
www.numbworx.com

Tony
31-08-2005, 11:59 PM
see, it all gwwwwaaaaaaaaarrnnnnnn

more fun added to the weekend of the 21st of oct.

as well as the SMASH TV event at the boiler room on the friday, we are also presenting MILANESE from WARP at the RAINBOW on the sunday the 23rd. an opportunity to spend a whole weekend in electronic deviance.
cane it friday and go mental, then chill for saturday and spend sunday with some mangled ragga-tronics and a BBQ ;)

nihilist
01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39100

278d7e64a374de26f==