PDA

View Full Version : TR-808 Power Supply?!?!?

neilried
10-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I've been given a TR808 on permanent loan, already retro fitted with Midi!!! :love:

However its not got a plug on it. Am a bit reluctant to wire it up though because the mains cable is really chunky (chunkier than anything else I have) and the colours of the wires dont correspond to today's standard colours... It has green black & white rather than yellow/green, blue and brown.

OK its 23 years old and maybe cables used to be those colours but wanted to make sure this doesn't need some kind of power supply unit and a plug because Id hate to fry this thing when I plug it in.

So any TR-808 owners, does it have an external power supply or does the mains lead go direct into the socket?

neilried
11-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Cmon folks I cant be the only person to have one.... can I?

:shock:

gumpy green
11-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Old colour (until April 2006) New colour (from April 2004)
earth green/yellow striped ---green/yellow striped
neutral black----------------blue
live / phase 1 red ---------------brown
-
id say green was defo earth
black would be nuetral
white would be live....

r these wire to be wired to a mains plug to go into wall or wired 2 a plug which plugs into the unit.

neilried
11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
r these wire to be wired to a mains plug to go into wall or wired 2 a plug which plugs into the unit.

wired to a mains plug to go into wall, or at least thats the end of the cable Im talking about...

gumpy green
11-08-2005, 02:37 PM
thought so.

right then id say my first post was correct.

just check the back of the unit to make sure it runs off 230/240V ac and go for it.

green will defo be earth and if you put the other 2 (l/n) round the other way itll still be fine as it is an AC supply.

black would be nuetral
white would be live....

gumpy green
11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
oh and just to make sure.

stick the correct fuse in the plug.

check the current needed on 808 and put suitable(next rating up) in the plug.

ex-

if it needs 1.5amps to run stick in a 2amp fuse.

just anutha precausion.

neilried
11-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Right thats my evening and tomorrow spoken for then!!!!

Cheers fella :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==