PDA

View Full Version : YOUR FAVORITE TECHNO TUNE?

ANDROID
28-06-2003, 06:35 PM
WITCH TECHNO TUNE IS YOUR FAVORITE ,RIGHT FROM THE START?

Esox Lucius
28-06-2003, 06:46 PM
richie hawtin - minus orange or model 500 - ocean to ocean

Adverse
28-06-2003, 06:47 PM
fu*k that's a toughy. "d-drive" glenn wilson on the process ep.

wenna
28-06-2003, 06:58 PM
glenn wilson and mike humphries:aural exciter;punish; :D

Buttman
28-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Define techno.

TripleX
28-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Jeff Mills Waveform 1 on Tresor

BritishMurderBoy
28-06-2003, 10:55 PM
ooh changes of life...

erm the jaguar ep or la real..

ampassasinbirmingham
29-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Death before surrender

miromiric.
29-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Define techno.

smartass...

Sunil
29-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Define techno.

Yawn...Yet another great contribution from yourself Buttman, go back to wanking over your Surgeon collection.

Don't have a favourite track personally but if we are talking Jeff Mills, my personal favourite by him is Berlin.

Buttman
29-06-2003, 02:16 PM
Define techno.
Yawn...Yet another great contribution from yourself Buttman, go back to wanking over your Surgeon collection.

Oh shut your sloppy cunt.

I actually need to know what he means with "techno" to be able to answer his question. You would be surprised by how many different specifications people have on it.

I think it is impossible to name the one best techno track ever but here are some that changed my life (all fitting into my definition of "techno"):
Christian Wünsch - 'Contamination' (Sheep), 'Vengeance' (Tsunami)
Dj Hell - 'Music For Films' (Disko B)
Exium - 'Dummies' (Tsunami)
James Ruskin - 'From Over The Edge' (Tresor)
LFO - 'Nurture', 'Simon From Sydney' (Warp)
Regis - 'Execution Ground', 'White Stains', 'Escape From Yourself', 'The Black Freighter' and 'Her Surrender' (Downwards)
Rumenige 'Numb 7' (Numb)
Surgeon - 'Force & Form' album (Tresor), 'Exhibit' and 'Diametric' (Counterbalance), 'Death Before Surrender' (Downwards), 'Sleep' and 'Dry' (Dynamic Tension)

You get the picture..

miromiric.
29-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I think it is impossible to name the one best techno track ever but here are some that changed my life (all fitting into my definition of "techno"):
Regis - 'Execution Ground', 'White Stains', 'Escape From Yourself', 'The Black Freighter' and 'Her Surrender' (Downwards)
Rumenige 'Numb 7' (Numb)
Surgeon - 'Force & Form' album (Tresor), 'Exhibit' and 'Diametric' (Counterbalance), 'Death Before Surrender' (Downwards), 'Sleep' and 'Dry' (Dynamic Tension)
You get the picture..

my bitch.

song that had MOST influence on me is shaper of the unkown from screw the roses EP.

Esox Lucius
29-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Define techno.

how childish.

matt303
29-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Quite recent but Nomark 'The underground is closed' on No Entry sums up everything about techno i love.

ripped
29-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Distant Drums Pt.1 on Drumworks 01 makes me :D

Sunil
29-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Oh shut your sloppy cunt.

I actually need to know what he means with "techno" to be able to answer his question. You would be surprised by how many different specifications people have on it.

Rumenige 'Numb 7' (Numb)

You get the picture..

Some cool records in there. Congrats on answering a straightforward question!

Sunil
29-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Define techno.

how childish.

Hmm? Well perhaps a bit hasty of me alright, I don't normally react like this although I do find Buttman to be a little difficult to take here at times, that was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

wenna
29-06-2003, 09:03 PM
masturbating is not a crime!!! :?

Adverse
29-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Explain why it is his responsiblility to make you feel comfortable here.

Your comment about his surgeon collection was unequivocally retarded.

wenna
29-06-2003, 09:11 PM
:roll: :?:

dcdn
29-06-2003, 10:21 PM
2 adverse: you told us you liked one track on the process ep
i never heard that one of glenn wilson before.. but
DAMN its fine, got to order it right now

RCDocherty
29-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Adam Beyer - Remainings III

Adverse
29-06-2003, 10:41 PM
2 adverse: you told us you liked one track on the process ep
i never heard that one of glenn wilson before.. but
DAMN its fine, got to order it right now

nice one.

miromiric.
30-06-2003, 12:03 AM
Define techno.

how childish.

Hmm? Well perhaps a bit hasty of me alright, I don't normally react like this although I do find Buttman to be a little difficult to take here at times, that was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

sunil, do i sense a dose of disrespect to surgeon`s collection?

Spark
30-06-2003, 12:31 AM
fu*k that's a toughy. "d-drive" glenn wilson on the process ep.

Yes yes.. i think that that's the best track from Wilson.. an ddont's forget enemies 8)

Swain
30-06-2003, 09:18 AM
What's the point having Favorites in Techno, leave all that charting for the popheads

massplanck
30-06-2003, 10:15 AM
[quote="techfunk02"][quote=Sunil][quote=Buttman]Define techno.

So what. some people like him some people hate him. He's a bit like marco bailey in that respect.

As for sunil. He's a surgeon fan. Not a blinkered surgeon FANATIC.

Buttman
30-06-2003, 10:38 AM
So what. some people like him some people hate him. He's a bit like marco bailey in that respect.

That must be THE most degrading comparison I have ever seen.

Adverse
30-06-2003, 10:59 AM
i see what he is saying.

it's pretty much love or hate. think of the context butty.

sunil's comment was retarded.

Sunil
30-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Explain why it is his responsiblility to make you feel comfortable here.

Your comment about his surgeon collection was unequivocally retarded.

Er it's not his responsibility, never said it was. Listen I could have lost the cool with Buttman on a few occassions here already but haven't. I do find some threads that he gets involved in to get needlessly tiresome, he is the only person might I add, that I have had this problem with; however I do appreciate his knowledge on certain topics and respect his opinion. "Unequivocally"? Getting a bit dramatic with your language Adverse!

Sunil
30-06-2003, 11:04 AM

Not at all, I'm a fan of Surgeon's.

massplanck
30-06-2003, 11:07 AM

That must be THE most degrading comparison I have ever seen.

I think its the best i've ever made. Try and prove it wrong. Also, there is no test in the world which could conclusivley decide whether bailey or surgeon are better producers than each other. Its all in the head. Its all relative.

massplanck
30-06-2003, 11:17 AM

I disagree. It was on the ball. Surgeon fan(atic)s have no greater musical or moral authority than anyone else here.

miromiric.
30-06-2003, 11:19 AM
massplanckowiczs...u can value someone`s work by analyzing him from the beginning. true artist move through their phases and leave behind art that marks one period of time. comparing surgeon to m.bailey is :lol: .

but you are right for one thing - it`s all in one`s head - either you understand either you do not.

massplanck
30-06-2003, 11:33 AM
massplanckowiczs...u can value someone`s work by analyzing him from the beginning. true artist move through their phases and leave behind art that marks one period of time. comparing surgeon to m.bailey is :lol: .

but you are right for one thing - it`s all in one`s head - either you understand either you do not.

I know. For the record I dont play or buy any of bailey records (I personaly find them extremly formulaic) but I'm sure some kids get the same 'rush' off' his MB Electronics stuff as you do from Surgeon. And as weve said before i see bailey stuff as more of a gateway into the realms of techno for youngsters and even oldsters. He could easily be the starting point for future surgeon fans! So lets not alienate them straight away. anyway we should get back on topic or move this to a bailey vs surgeon or ireland vs the rest of the world thread!

Us paddies have no time for egos.

Esox Lucius
30-06-2003, 12:05 PM
marco bailey - sh*te producer, every track he produces is one boring looped up piece of shit, played by the likes of fergie (also can`t mix to save his life)

surgeon - genius!!! one of the most groundbreaking producers there is in the scene, also an excellent dj, check out his final scratch sets, and then tell me bailey has got any talent!

meri
30-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Joey Beltram "Energy Flash".
Bada ba, ba ba... Bada ba, ba ba... "Ecstacy"...

BritishMurderBoy
30-06-2003, 12:54 PM
i know i have already said but i think it needs mentioning, laurent garnier - coloured city...

leave butty alone granted he likes to be overly arsey at time but god knows this place needs characters, this forum would drive you mad otherwise...

massplanck
30-06-2003, 12:57 PM
marco bailey - sh*te producer, every track he produces is one boring looped up piece of shit, played by the likes of fergie (also can`t mix to save his life)

no more or less looped than for example say some apparenty underground record like - Emergence 3 . What would you think of surgeon if fergie played BM2 on Radio 1 next week.? Would it be his fault?
Let bailey make what he wants. Just dont buy it and dont try and tell people whats cool and whats not. IMHO bailey should be slated NOT for making formulaic tunes but for his underhand tactics in belgiums techno scene. nuff said.

surgeon - genius!!! one of the most groundbreaking producers there is in the scene, also an excellent dj, check out his final scratch sets, and then tell me bailey has got any talent!

I never said that. I havent got time for EITHER of them!! I like some surgeon records i dont like others. 'La Real' is a piece of crap in my opinion which would fit perfectly into one of fergies sets where as BM2 is an amazing record. Its only an opinion but I'm glad i dont let my love affair with one artist blur my senses.

miromiric.
30-06-2003, 01:00 PM
burn him, he is a witch!

Esox Lucius
30-06-2003, 01:17 PM
fair enough masswank you are entitled to your opinion even if it is a load of sh*t. :wink:

T
30-06-2003, 01:58 PM
There's too many to single one al time fav out, but here's a few all time classics imo:

CJ Bolland - Spring Yard
Jeff Mills - Step to Enchantment
The Advent - Bad Boy
Joey Beltram - Mentasm/Energy Flash
Damon Wild - Afghan Acid
Plastikman - Do da do Remix
Surgeon - Magneze

a few current favs:
Heroes x series
British Murder Boys
Some Henrik b stuff
Chris McCormack, various trax

massplanck
30-06-2003, 02:07 PM
burn him, he is a witch!

Yes burn me for not liking one of surgeons songs.!!

massplanck
30-06-2003, 02:17 PM
fair enough masswank you are entitled to your opinion even if it is a load of sh*t. :wink:

Cheers for the nice words. I'll be looking out for you next time you visit landsdowne road.

Here are some of my favourites..

DJ Hell - Hot on the heels of love - Clarke Mix
Emanuell Top - Stress
Thomas Schumacher remix of 'the search goes on'

Esox Lucius
30-06-2003, 04:00 PM

Cheers for the nice words. I'll be looking out for you next time you visit landsdowne road.

just joking you moody c*nt, look out for me then, i will be at landsdowne rd in august.

miromiric.
30-06-2003, 04:03 PM
burn him, he is a witch!

you`r so cute when you`re angry... :lol:

massplanck
30-06-2003, 04:08 PM
burn him, he is a witch!

you`r so cute when you`re angry... :lol:

I look even sexier doused in petrol and set alight! Maybe we could get Buttman to come on down and record my pain and screaming and pass the wav file onto surgeon for BM3! ;)

miromiric.
30-06-2003, 04:11 PM
oh yes baby! give it to m!

now we`re talking!

massplanck
30-06-2003, 04:14 PM

just joking you moody c*nt, look out for me then, i will be at landsdowne rd in august.

Alright so. Meet you behind the bike shed at half time. I'll cut ya to bits with some broken up surgeon records!

You a swiss/russian fan so? ;)

Esox Lucius
30-06-2003, 04:22 PM
no I support Ireland, roll on september to kick russian arse :)

massplanck
30-06-2003, 04:32 PM

I know you do you moody c*nt!

If you are in need of a good dose of techno when here let us know...!

Buttman
30-06-2003, 04:51 PM
I am an arrogant cunt and I love me!

Love, Butty

PS: I would shit in Bailey's cereals any day.

Esox Lucius
30-06-2003, 05:00 PM

will do mate, what`s on in august, i will be in dublin for a few days whilst on holiday in waterford.

ampassasinbirmingham
30-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Cj Boland- The Prophet

massplanck
30-06-2003, 05:50 PM
I am an arrogant cunt and I love me!

Love, Butty

PS: I would shit in Bailey's cereals any day.

He's belgian. Probably scoffing down croissants more so than cereal at breakfast time. Aha ! but I bet its wouldnt be hard to do a turd that looked like a crossy.

massplanck
30-06-2003, 05:53 PM

will do mate, what`s on in august, i will be in dublin for a few days whilst on holiday in waterford.

what dates? august bank holiday weekend looks like a cracker if you are around.

Adverse
30-06-2003, 07:55 PM

I disagree. It was on the ball. Surgeon fan(atic)s have no greater musical or moral authority than anyone else here.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHT. Since when did anyone ever mention (prior to sunil surgeon collection comment) that they thought they had more moral authority than him or anyone else on here? he decided that. maing him the moral authority (of only probably himself) they didn't. therefore making his comment ridiculously retarded and deconstructive at best.

i gave your first comment credit on the basis of apples and oranges.. but you folowing "rationalisation" were dismissable at best. Especially since they seemingly are justified under a "fan(atics)" scheme. which really has nothing to do with anything, it's just narrow on the accusers part.

buttman was truthfully asking for a question.. sunil slagged him under a self determined and completely unreasonable pretense.. who the **** cares if he enjoys REM or navicon torture technologies if he has a shrine to tony child or marilyn manson. fact is he's allowed to ask for a definition whether sunil deems it acceptable or ****ing not.

i'm going back to the back experimental section for awhile this part of the board is way too nippy.

Sunil
30-06-2003, 09:04 PM
[quote=Adverse]
buttman was truthfully asking for a question..

Yeah and him asking for a definition is being completely up his hole. The guy (Android) has only posted a couple of times, asks a simple question on a *techno* messageboard and gets the reply "Define techno"!!, that's about the most dry response you could give, it's not up to him to ****in define it and i'm glad he saved his energy by not bothering.

btw you have said my comment was retarded three times now, are you auditioning as a parrot in your spare time?

Re: Surgeon coment- You have taken this a bit too seriously, it was a throwaway comment, probably the quickest I could think of, the fact you have taken so much exception to it is surprising to me

The Divide
30-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Mines Speedy J - Panic. I like Energy flash tho, classic track.

if he has a shrine to tony child or marilyn manson

I got a shrine to Marilyn Manson!!

MARKEG
01-07-2003, 11:45 AM
i see sunhil's point here because i've felt like saying sometimes: buttman 'what exactly is the point saying what you've said'???? :shock: it's probably why i ended up splitting up the hard techno and dark techno forums because quite a few ppl on here obviously had slightly differrent views on techno and it was causing way to many pointless arguments and differences. just like what's happened here :wink:

but i suppose i've now quite got used to the way buttman is. and perhaps when once he used to say things like 'define techno' and i'd be like oh god what a daft thing to say :evil: , it now makes me laugh. to the point of crying. :lol:

don't ask me why, it just does.

i mean - just look at the pointless 4 pages it's just created! hahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buttman
01-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Oh finally ONE of you got some humour!
You should learn a lesson from EG and stop being so ****ing tense.

dj drosan
01-07-2003, 07:58 PM
one of my favorites ass kicker is neil landstrumm "inhabit the machines" :x vs 8) vs :cry: for more

anx
01-07-2003, 09:07 PM
i gotta say as far as releases in the past 2 years or so

Henrik B - 7a

theres just something about the a side on that track

older stuff

speedy j - electric deluxe

DJZeMig_L
01-07-2003, 10:48 PM
damn' I could never get stuck on just 1 choice ...
Dro... I would rather go 4 the Brown by August ;) wouldn't ya?

Z

radd
02-07-2003, 12:33 AM
smog blanket - arkansas
the geezer - new cross
drummer - pump dept etc etc etc

argh this question is too hard, i give up :)

dj drosan
02-07-2003, 01:16 AM
ye z dat is d album dat marked our lives... love dro

DJZeMig_L
02-07-2003, 12:46 PM
:wink: ... the way u said sounds a bit gay lol :P

Z

davethedrummer
03-07-2003, 03:57 AM
i reckon the album computer world by kraftewerk has got to be my favourite avant garde techno record
and as for more current stuff plastikman / hardfloor and jeff mills have to be the most life changing along with a few early acid techno tracks which did really change my life.

bit naff this discusion though isn't it?

i like buttmans answer hahaha

i'll define techno for you if you want buttman

it goes
boom boom boom boom boom tss tss tss tss boom boom boom (generally)
my grandad said once that it sounded like people bangign dustbin lids together
how right he was.

Buttman
03-07-2003, 09:17 AM
it goes
boom boom boom boom boom tss tss tss tss boom boom boom (generally)

Bah! How is your onomatopoeia?
It goes:

UNT UNT UNT UNT UNT UNT UNT UNT UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
<inventive break> SCHWOOOOOOOOOOSCH FOOOOOOOOOOO PAAAAAAAAAAA </inventive break>
UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ.....

miromiric.
03-07-2003, 10:04 AM
how wrong you guyz are. it goes a little something like this:

MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV
SLAV SLAV SLAV SLAV
NEMA SE NEMA SE JEBATE NEMA SEMIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAV MIROSLAAV
:!:

Adverse
03-07-2003, 10:58 AM
ha ha ha

278d7e64a374de26f==