PDA

View Full Version : Usb driver problems

FIK
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
When I connect my novation remote25 to my laptop I quite often (not allways) get a message that my drivers aren't installed. I've installed them a million times so I'm pretty sure that they're on my hd.
Does anybody know where Windows XP installs it's usb-drivers.

dan the acid man
12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
i know in win2k its in the main winnt folder and then theyre in a folder called usb2, im pretty sure it will be the same in xp

FIK
14-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out

MARKEG
14-08-2005, 03:24 PM
i think i know the solution to this. the prob is, you're connecting the novation into different ports each time i bet, so the driver keeps switching from one port to another etc etc.

choose a port you're always going to plug it in (and nothing else) and stick to it. it must always be plugged in when the comp is switched on or the comp will see nothing on the port and the driver will be disassociated with it.

hope this helps

TechMouse
15-08-2005, 10:24 AM
i think i know the solution to this. the prob is, you're connecting the novation into different ports each time i bet, so the driver keeps switching from one port to another etc etc.

choose a port you're always going to plug it in (and nothing else) and stick to it. it must always be plugged in when the comp is switched on or the comp will see nothing on the port and the driver will be disassociated with it.

hope this helps

That shouldn't matter, I don't think?

I plug my DigiCam into a different USB port each time, and it works fine.

It'c alled Universal Serial Bus for a reason... It's supposed to be totally pervasive and ubiquitous. I don't think you should have to reload the drivers each time you change a socket... (since they all run off the same bus anyway, supposedly?)

EDIT: Each time you disconnect, are you stopping the driver correctly? You shouldn't just yank out USB cables willy nilly.

FIK
15-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I think Mark is right . It allways happens to me when I take it on location. In my studio I allways use the same port (the one closest to my controller), because the cable is rather short. When I use that port it works fine. When I switch onto another port my computer recognises the device (the name of the device is stated) but it can't find the driver.
Thanks a lot Mark

278d7e64a374de26f==