PDA

View Full Version : Decimal - Logic Bomb

Decimal
12-08-2005, 07:00 PM
hi all.

my name's david and im new here... been looking for a strictly techno forum for a while. thanks to the creators for that.

I'm a LivePA out of Chicago. i thought i'd start up my hopefully long, fruitfull, relationship with this site by posting a track and seeing how i add up.

My small circle of dedicated fans refer to this as my classic track:
http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF26AA8131498.mp3

Like anyone else, feedback greatly appreciated. thanks for reading/listening.

dirty_bass
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Hello mate, welcome.
As for this track, well, it sounds like a live PA basically.
Production wise these would need a lot of work to stand up as a studio track.

The kick is dull on the top end, and very flat, and could do with a lot more life and maybe less emphasis on the high bass frequencies.
Hats, claps and rim shots sound very unprocessed and straight out of the box, and could also do with treatment.
Bass and kick are fighting each other and making the track very muddy. The bass could do with being sidechained to the kick, and also EQ`d more effectively to give it more life.
The chimes are a bit too loud.

Overall I would say this is live PA straight out of machines (mostly digital) and recorded with little proper studio technique.
All the sounds have a very out of the box feel, and are pretty thin and don`t sit well in the mix. What you can get away with on a soundsystem, doesn`t hold up in the studio.
You need to apply more compression, and EQ to phatten the sound and controll the levels, as well as get more sparkle and oomph into the mix.

Tik Tok
13-08-2005, 10:03 AM
dirty bass is right on the technical side but really lovin the vibe of this for sure!

what you usin?

keep up the good work ;)

Decimal
13-08-2005, 07:07 PM
thanks db and tik tok for your time.

i'll give the track a remixing i think, thanks, db, for your advice. not enough producers would keep it that objective and technical, props to you sir.

I'm using a korg es-1 and ableton live with a uc-33 controller.

278d7e64a374de26f==