PDA

View Full Version : mac midi problem

Orange
29-06-2003, 11:14 AM
G4 400 OS 9.2 w/ opcode 2.3.8 plus midiman usb "midisport 4x4." Running Logic 4.81. Midi is so shit (skipping and sluggish, like writing its own track!) its not even funny. Anyone have success with this midisport 4x4 on mac?? I think I've tried "everything." I think Midiman might be stupid useless on Mac. Have you succeeded here? Perhaps OSX will solve this problem (can't get worse). But I'm not ready for X. Any ideas?

DJZeMig_L
30-06-2003, 07:10 PM
this is a bit of a stab in the dark but have u updated yer extentions list?

This worked 4 at least 4 different people I know... although it wasn't exactly the same gear!!

Z

MARKEG
01-07-2003, 11:47 AM
os x is amazing.

solved all my midisport probs.

Orange
11-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Ze: do you mean update midisport drivers, or something else? Not sure what you mean by "extensions list."

Thanx guys.

DJZeMig_L
11-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Midi drivers aswell if u can find any newer 1s but actually I mean the extention managers which basically is a prog that manages the system in Mac OS, this basically tells MACs which programs 2 use 2 open a certain type of file (example .. .doc opens with word, .aiff with bias Peak, etc...), aI think it also tells MAC how much memory 2 reserve 4 each of the extensions/ aplications used...

So most of times if u install something back u don't update this list, the prog/ driver might not work properly...

Hope this is more clear now... mind u I have very little experience with macs...
Z

Orange
11-07-2003, 11:50 PM
I understand your suggestion now. I wasn't aware of this possible problem before. Thanx again for your support.

DJZeMig_L
12-07-2003, 12:04 PM
;) ... Let Us know if it helpz..

BTW costume ter on extension file where only the stuff u need is active.. so u get a much better workin machine... also make a generic one for stuff like writting letters, emailing, etc...

Z

Orange
24-07-2003, 07:36 AM
Ze,

This morning I customized a number of extension sets; one for logic and one for internet, etc, and in doing so resolved a number extension conflicts that led to relentless start up crashes. Awesome. In retrospect, your suggestion seems like a really basic strategy. So thanx.

I haven't yet really tried midi with the hardware but will post results as soon as.

Cheers :D (fingers crossed)

davethedrummer
24-07-2003, 10:12 AM
that version of logic
is it cracked?

Orange
24-07-2003, 05:33 PM
er, uhm, hmm? yeah! :oops:

updated from 4.3->4.5->4.63-4.81

DJZeMig_L
24-07-2003, 06:09 PM
okie let us know... this really seems 2 b the source of many many probs!!

Z

Orange
29-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Prob is sorted! :D :D :D . I have perfect midi running off a powerbook, OS9.2 Logic 4.81, and Motu 2x2 Fastlane midibox. Tried twice, and the second time I hammered a synth, sampler and drummachine with tons of midi data. No timing error at all. As everything is perfect working order, I'm not going to try the 4x4 Midisport. Changing drivers might just fcuk things up! I'll leave 4x4 for another day, maybe when I've got OSX on the go. I had had probs with both boxes, and as the only direct action I know I have taken has been to sort out the extensions manager, I would suggest, ZE, that your advice has been instrumental in ressurecting my studio. Thanx for all your continuing support. :D :D :D

DJZeMig_L
29-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Hey man.. no prob... when ever U r feeling brave back up the extensions manager.. get the newest 4x4 drivers... have a go and the hit the ext. manager again... should b working like magic!! :)

glad U could finaly get back tracking!!

:)

Z

Basil Rush
06-08-2003, 01:57 PM
had a little midiman plastic thing. it was absolutely appaling timing wise. in the end gave it to someone with a pc and got the digidesign one which has the most rock solid timing i've experienced yet.

anyone know if sounddiver's ever going to be available for osx?

278d7e64a374de26f==