PDA

View Full Version : Casual violence - Voodoo pod

Mindful
14-08-2005, 01:05 PM
http://psychicinvestigator.com/Relig/IMG00005.GIF
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1S5MNDBLCW9WW3HJYM5274RGGG
Feedback of any kind would be cool thanks.

lau
14-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Yo man this is Dope!!!

Really funky!!! Looks like we've used the same kickpattern for our last tracks.... ;)

Wont even try to comment on the mix tho.... still seriously f*cked from last nightt....

will comment on the mix later

:rambo:

Mindful
14-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Yo man this is Dope!!!

Really funky!!! Looks like we've used the same kickpattern for our last tracks.... ;)

But mines a little bit better of course :lol: :lol:

Mindful
14-08-2005, 02:48 PM
haha only joking mate cheers for comments ;)

lau
14-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Yo man this is Dope!!!

But mines a little bit better of course :lol: :lol:

Yeah it definitly is..... heard you shifted the 3rd kick 0.0003 miliseconds to the left...... I should have done that too :doh:

Mindful
15-08-2005, 06:24 PM
:lol:

What about the mix anyone?I dont mind negetivity I wont be offended.
Not sure about the kick and the bottom end(dont think ive got my moniters bass responce sussed yet)
Also any comments suggestions on what could be added to the track to give it more of an identity.
Tried a few things but any sort of mellodies pads or synths Im trying just aint working.

lau
15-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Aw totally forgot to listen to it again.. :doh:

ennieways... like you said yourself I think that kick could be much phatter... sounds kinda thin now... Would be nice to get the focus a bit more on it... think it will help the groove as well...

Maybe make some freaky edits to keep it a bit more interesting...

Liking it :rambo:

Elvio Neto
17-08-2005, 07:59 PM
jesus crist!!!! this is techno man, thats the stuff i call techno.

best track i hear in this forum.

i born listen this stuff in portugal.

BRADLEE
17-08-2005, 08:02 PM
downloading amigo :rambo:

MITA
17-08-2005, 08:24 PM
me too.

Mindful
17-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Aw totally forgot to listen to it again.. :doh:

Would be nice to get the focus a bit more on it... think it will help the groove as well...

Good thinking mate.

Maybe make some freaky edits to keep it a bit more interesting...

Aggreed,Cheers Lau ;)

Mindful
17-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Cheers Elvio glad you like it thats very positive feedback ;)

Brad? Mita? Any thoughts?

BRADLEE
17-08-2005, 09:34 PM
ha ha, please trust me, I am leaving you feedback right now homie. I was on lunch while this was downloading!!

F*ucking Ill tune homie. I like every bit of it. Sound quality is very good in my headphones too amigo. So no qualms there with me at all.

I like the subtle little edits in the tune too, but I also think a few more drastik ones would be cool as well. Just something to really let the people know that this track is moving.

Yes, yes, yes it does move already, so don't take me wrong. But some people without the techno trained ear would not hear those very subtle edits. Maybe some kick variations and percussive glitches would be a good addtion? Even a dark padish type of sound in places would also sound good.

I'm really thinking of how to explain what I mean, but that will take a few paragraphs.... :lol:

No matter, all in all, this tune is extremely good in my humble opinion.

:cool:

Mindful
17-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Cheers man great idvice,very helpful ;)

I like the subtle little edits in the tune too, but I also think a few more drastik ones would be cool as well. Just something to really let the people know that this track is moving.
Will do that mate think that would work nicely

Yes, yes, yes it does move already, so don't take me wrong. But some people without the techno trained ear would not hear those very subtle edits.
**** em :lol:

Even a dark padish type of sound in places would also sound good.
Think your right just need that killer sound.

I'm really thinking of how to explain what I mean, but that will take a few paragraphs.... :lol:

I get what your on about I think man.
Thanks for reply ;)

BRADLEE
17-08-2005, 10:02 PM
no problem, just trying to give helpful advice.

dirty_bass
20-08-2005, 05:01 PM
couldn`t listen to this for some reason.

xfive
20-08-2005, 07:19 PM
A couple mix issues you can simply work out but otherwise nice n proper :clap: :clap:

Mindful
21-08-2005, 03:23 PM
couldn`t listen to this for some reason.

:cry: gutted could of done with your comments D_B

Cheers Xfive

dirty_bass
21-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Bloody sendit.com
didn`t realise it was on there.
Got it now.

Nice.
Liking this.
Quite tense, and pounding too.

Production wise I think it could be a little cleaner and brighter.
The main looping pad/scrape/metal drone thing has a lot of noisy ambience to it, and it could be sculpted a little more carefully to control it. Maybe look at pinning it down more into the mid range.
Kick drum could be a little more crisp, as it is quite an important part of the main groove in this.
Also maybe brighten the hats a little.
I think just generally going back through this and getting really anal with some subtractive EQ and this will be tight as ****.
I think, also, that maybe some other element of interest could come in at some point just to keep you interested.
Some mid range clattering ring modded percussion might be nice, or maybe a subtle synth line worked in and out now and again.

Overall, this is evil, but could do with some final polish and maybe more edits or another element to keep the listener involved.
:clap: :clap:

Mindful
21-08-2005, 04:41 PM
The main looping pad/scrape/metal drone thing has a lot of noisy ambience to it,

:lol: well explained.

Cheers for comments Steve theres loads of help to work with here.

Realy like the idea of the synth moving in and out.

278d7e64a374de26f==