PDA

View Full Version : Free Ejay 4 with a packet of Nesquick!!!

The Divide
29-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I just wondered what you make of that, i found it funny. Installed it for the laugh even tho i know it was a toy and then found it had some decent bass samples!!! hahaha no seriously have a look...

*renders to wav*
:roll:

John Vella
29-06-2003, 08:04 PM
He's not kidding!!!!!

He sent me a few of the loops!

-jOHNNY

The Divide
29-06-2003, 08:28 PM
I cant beleave it, its so fcuked up. You load it up and theres pure cheesy pop style dance tracks as demos and its all done by simply dragging a file like a building block from the bottom window that acts as a pool. In there are mostly loops and some of them after investigating more deeper i found theres some good techno loops?!?!! whats it all about. Theres also a step sequencer and a 909 and some other shit . I just find it odd that those loops are there, i mean this came from a cerial packet for Fcuk sake. I can imagine loads of lil whipper snappers mixing these hard loops into some of the pure cheesy sounding trace synths, making some crazy acid riffs on the arpegiator (which also sounds quiet good) and blending in the wah guitar then a drum fill, in comes the piano, drum fill. and adding the female "whooo hoooo" sample ending up with some kinda chessy pop meets techno track. hahaha, noooooo...

John Vella
29-06-2003, 08:45 PM
"mixing these hard loops into some of the pure cheesy sounding trace synths, making some crazy acid riffs on the arpegiator (which also sounds quiet good) and blending in the wah guitar then a drum fill, in comes the piano, drum fill. and adding the female "whooo hoooo" sample ending up with some kinda chessy pop meets techno track. hahaha, noooooo.."

Hasn't Judge Jules already done this?

-jOHNNY

eyes without a face
29-06-2003, 09:46 PM
i used to use Ejay a couple of years ago, there is a version called Techno Ejay 2 and i have to say it rocks. even tho its only dragging samples on to the sequencer, there is a lot of potential with it and a good way to get started, just basic but fun. it comes with a basic synth, drum machine etc.

i actually won an official Ejay of the Week competition sponsored by MTV and my track got judged by some big names including Seb Fontaine and Coxy. i won out of about 8000 entries from all over Europe and my prize was that MTV made a video to accompany my track and it got aired on MTV twice, millions of people saw it! i got phone calls from as far away as Germany and Australia congratulating me. the track in question was a prog house track i did called "Guilt". Shit now, but good at the time

The Divide
29-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Actualy I have used that version, I lost interest in it very quickly. Good one tho man. I used music 2000 on the playstation 1. I started on that, I was well into it. I thought it was amazing hahahahaah no seriously i did. As for the Judge, he wants shooting!

DJZeMig_L
30-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Altough I'm not really into cheese (unless it's on a phat pepperoni pizza).. I must say that some times easy access 2 "technology" as almost only good results...

A lot more people get exposed so some might stay some might good.. but at least we get new blood in...

These new people don't have any "rules" or mind constrains so they can bring fresh ideas mostly bad but maybe also really innovating things...

They'll load up the "markett" with sh** stuff so ppl will get tired and then look 4 something better :)

I mean if it got people like u guys into the "real" thing that it can only mean good things on the long run...

My 2 cents anywayz,

Z

The Divide
30-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Yer, we all need to start somewhere, besides I have sampled about 250 sounds out of it (samples that come with it). High quality ones too, you get the full version with Nesquick, it just stops running after 30 days.

278d7e64a374de26f==