PDA

View Full Version : Cave

carl@neo
15-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Anyone ever heard this guy? downloaded a few sets but never seen him live his P.A's sound pretty good...

anyone???

conflict
15-08-2005, 10:04 AM
heaed some of his sets and have quite a few of his tunes

www.cave.no

eyes without a face
15-08-2005, 10:04 AM
has anyone ever heard this guy? are you serious? we cant get away from him unfortunately

carl@neo
15-08-2005, 10:17 AM
where abouts you heard him play? you not too impressed then?

eyes without a face
15-08-2005, 10:24 AM
saw him in Holland not my bag at all, he's a really nice guy and i speak to him in emails regulary, but musically he's ran out of steam already in my opinion, the same couple of loops in every track, even the remixes

carl@neo
15-08-2005, 10:34 AM
fair play, hes not played the uk as of yet, so like i say only been able to listen to sets of his through download...

eyes without a face
15-08-2005, 10:41 AM
well i dont think the set will change much once he hits the UK mate ;)

Traxx
15-08-2005, 12:20 PM
He's good on the decks, like some of his tunes.

Frank Dogshit
15-08-2005, 12:54 PM
heard 3 or 4 of his tracks and they all sounded virtually the same.

seems to have exhausted his sound already it seems.

MARKEG
15-08-2005, 01:39 PM
yeah just got the new intec release and it's pretty similar to other stuff i've heard from him. good if you're into the clubby sound though.

dirty_bass
15-08-2005, 01:50 PM
I`ve never really heard any cave.
Any links?

TechMouse
15-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Any links?

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38113

pedrod
15-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Any links?

seriously ?

Cave - Carnival was one of the biggest selling records ever at Tune Inn.. was huge ! (hmm dont know about ever - but it was a big big seller)

Inge is a good friend of mine, I kind of like his sound although I do think some of the tracks are very similiar, but thats techno. I personally .. I like his new one (forthcoming) on intec, but im more into the club techno sound.

www.cave.no

His label Spilo seems to be doing really well too..

DJ Becka
15-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I own a few of his records and really like them.....wouldnt mind seeing a dj set or Live PA by him-although I highly doubt he'll ever play in the US :(
(would be nice though ;) )

dirty_bass
15-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Any links?

seriously ?

Cave - Carnival was one of the biggest selling records ever at Tune Inn.. was huge ! (hmm dont know about ever - but it was a big big seller)

Inge is a good friend of mine, I kind of like his sound although I do think some of the tracks are very similiar, but thats techno. I personally .. I like his new one (forthcoming) on intec, but im more into the club techno sound.

www.cave.no

Yeah, I`m a bit closed off when it comes to the commercial end of techno, unless I am at a club, I tend to listen to the more experimental side of things.
I`ll check it out though.

pedrod
15-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Any links?

seriously ?

www.cave.no

Yeah, I`m a bit closed off when it comes to the commercial end of techno, unless I am at a club, I tend to listen to the more experimental side of things.

you will defaintely know it when you hear it :lol:

pedrod
15-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Any links?

seriously ?

www.cave.no

you will definately know it when you hear it :lol:

dice
17-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Cave is playing in London at medicine bar on 29/9/05 its a Thursday but a good day! he is playing at the Re ' launch party for Primate records so if you want to check out his sound and dj skills its a good time, intermite venue so the best account to see what your hearing!

The Overfiend
17-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Primate's coming back.
Are they going to pay all the labels that got dropped back and try to help pick up the pieces of the clusterf*ck that occured when they folded?

Jay Pace
17-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Cave - poor man's Ben Sims?

Discuss.

GothamGrooves.com
18-08-2005, 03:30 AM
not that he is good or bad, but how could any1 in the techno community not have heard of cave?

carl@neo
18-08-2005, 08:53 AM
whos not heard of him?

acidpisar
18-08-2005, 10:28 AM
he's good ...

i didn't like him before or maby didn't see his releases enough good ... but now i'm buying his tunes every month...and this is not a problem that his tunes sounds similar (this is his sound)...

anyway he's doing some good techno!!

orac
18-08-2005, 10:54 AM
anyway he's doing some good techno!!

true, but he's doing it in the easiest way, by using same loop samples in EVERY track. i think that's not cool and as for me his ep's now are good quality, but their are just boring. same loops, breakdowns etc.

same thing i can tell about boris s, but also like acidpisar buying cave, i'm buying boris ep's every month hehe this shit just rules for me :) (except corrosion ep) ;]

GothamGrooves.com
18-08-2005, 04:56 PM
whos not heard of him?
DB on the first page said he really hasnt heard much of cave, thats why it was suprising to me?

eyes without a face
18-08-2005, 05:33 PM
we can expect numerous Cave ep's on Primate then no doubt

A.P.
18-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Now this guy is one of my favourite producers at the moment, with his top tribal business...........QUALITY!

NrgJake
20-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I quite like his "chunky thundering tribal" type sound. Most of his b-side material doesn't quite stand up on it's own, but if you wanted to layer it up with other tracks you can do some fun stuff.

Not really sure if i'm enjoying his new clubbier/slightly electro inspired stuff tho.

dirty_bass
20-08-2005, 04:44 PM
whos not heard of him?
DB on the first page said he really hasnt heard much of cave, thats why it was suprising to me?

Well not really, I don`t buy into hype, and I didn`t think I had heard that much.
But doing some research it seems I have, it just didn`t make any impact on me.
Good production, but more of the same in my own opinion.
Another producer making techno with the same tribal bongo and conga loops we`ve all been hearing forever.

mr burns
20-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Now this guy is one of my favourite producers at the moment, with his top tribal business...........QUALITY!

same as, him and boris s

Heroes
20-08-2005, 09:20 PM
from cave web site:

Also Street Carnival has been named track of year 2003 by canadian technolegend Mistress Barbara and was the themesong for the huge party Innercity 2003 in Amsterdam.

cant be wrong those technolegends

eyes without a face
20-08-2005, 09:24 PM
hahaha :rambo:

GothamGrooves.com
20-08-2005, 10:31 PM
good or bad is subjective, but the so called "techno legends" base their opinion on the popularity of the tune. I mean virtually every dj big & small, and in the techno and house genres played that tune to death.
Can u honestly blame any1 for naming it song of the year? Dont forget we have heard it 10000x already, so we are jaded lol. but 2 years ago people couldnt get enough of it

Dorian Hunter
21-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I used to play Max Walder-rmx of Street Carn., more powerfull and not heard that often like orig.
If you like his stuff or not, he is defo one of the big shooting-stars of the last 2 years, and he is a brilliant DJ, nice skills ;)

The Overfiend
21-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Primate's coming back.
Are they going to pay all the labels that got dropped back and try to help pick up the pieces of the clusterf*ck that occured when they folded?
http://alluraandkeith.homestead.com/files/Voltron2.jpg
How did Cave score a planet Rhythm is what I wanna Know?

eyes without a face
21-08-2005, 10:43 AM
i think PR is handled by Triplevision now that probably had something to do with it?

The Overfiend
21-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I knew dat, I'm just saying, at least keep Glenn's statue of taste going at least.

djfurness
22-08-2005, 09:11 PM
hes comin to Liverpool in October I think...will have more news soon

278d7e64a374de26f==