PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Spencer

Methodixxx
30-06-2003, 03:28 AM
After playing my copy at every opportunity over the last month, I've come to the conclusion that the new Compound by Elliot Spencer, called First Visit (I'm not sure if it has been released yet), is a fecking beast!!! :twisted:

The A1 track is a double beat (off beat or whatever you want to call it) affair that, to put it simply, just sounds huge! Big bass, crisp percussion, a rolling groove, and an atmospheric feel bundled together and shoved balls to the wall!!! Tasty :!:

The B track is a straight 4/4 kicker that is just as good if not better and seems to fit anywhere in a set.. With a devestating kick and percussion as tight as a ducks arse this track is pure joy to mix and pure damage on the dancefloor!! If I could decide which track I like more it would maybe be this one... :thumbs up:

I didn't get a sheet with it, so don't know the track info, but the A2 track sounds very different with a loopier, more laid-back feel.. Is it a remix by someone else..? Not bad, but gets whipped by the other 2 cuts in my mind...

I remember someone saying Elliot Spencer was an alias for someone.. Dean Rodell...?

What are other people's opinions on this great peice of vinyl..? Me thinx (and the crowd for that matter) it's the best Compound in a little while! :D

Adverse
30-06-2003, 10:53 AM
elliot spencer is a dual project comprised of dean rodell and staffan ehrlin.

first visit is a great record, the long track is the a side by the way.

Methodixxx
30-06-2003, 01:23 PM
my copy is etched with that as 'b' me thinx.. oh well ;)

Methodixxx
02-07-2003, 02:58 AM
So is it a remix on the A2...? Sounds preedy diff from these guys usual gear...

I can't get enough of this record!! :twisted:

one
02-07-2003, 05:25 PM
nope no remix, just another track

Methodixxx
03-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Ahh cool.. thanx mate :)

Diversity 8)

Dustin Zahn
06-07-2003, 01:43 AM
what # is that? Dw#4? I thought Ian Lehman's was #3.

Adverse
06-07-2003, 03:44 AM
compound 27 - first visit.

Dustin Zahn
06-07-2003, 03:53 AM
oh shit, sorry. For some odd reason I was thinking Drumworks.

278d7e64a374de26f==