PDA

View Full Version : Jay Pace - Rumm - Dirty synth techno, feedback needed

Jay Pace
16-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Allo

Quite happy with this one but could do with some feedback.

I live with d&b fans, who don't quite get techno.

http://www.logarhythms.co.uk/rumm.mp3

Big fat grimy synth techno

:shock:

BRADLEE
17-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Sounds pretty cool man for sure. Could maybe use a bit more low in the kick drum, but I am only listening in the headphones.

Jay Pace
22-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Anyone else? :eh:

eyes without a face
22-08-2005, 09:57 AM
hmm not bad, lost interest about halfway through tho unfortunately felt it needed something else in there in way of a synth or some effects etc

production sounds pretty ok, bass felt like it was going to blow a bit in places but stayed under control

nice little acid type number certainly

dirty_bass
22-08-2005, 12:39 PM
How can bass go too low? Ever heard dub scot?

Lovely bass on this.

Overall the production on this is a little dry overall.
When you have bass this big you need to realise how bass works on high amplification (ie soundsystems). The levels you have this bass at could be lowered by about a 3rd or more, as when played on a rig, all you will get is bass and nothing else.

Not a bad bit of work this, but it does feel like there could be something else happening to counterpoint the bass.

eyes without a face
22-08-2005, 05:16 PM
i didnt say the bass went too low, read it back

dirty_bass
22-08-2005, 05:26 PM
i didnt say the bass went too low, read it back

Oh yeah, sorry, blame the Gin.

audioinjection
23-08-2005, 03:01 AM
cool tune man

i agree with steve though, the bass is a bit too big and floods out the rest of the tune, and sounds a bit dry, but with some more work, it will sound nice, good job :)

Jay Pace
23-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Helpful feedback ;)

What do you mean when you say that the production sounds dry?

Ta'

BloodStar
23-08-2005, 10:17 AM
quite like it, but it"s little boring after while,. u could add something more. like the bass, but it's too big as was said,. and the track sounds quite dry to me as well,. maybe try to effect the sounds more,, set the levels properly and also put some Mlutiband compression on output bus,,this couldhelp,..

Mindful
27-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Nice ideas and the bass is pretty fat but overall the track sounds pretty empty to me and the mix could be done better.
As said above things are a bit dry and the track would benifit from some of the elements getting a bit more attention processing wise.
I do like the work thats done on the bass.

278d7e64a374de26f==