PDA

View Full Version : Should Liverpool Buy Owen?

french_og
16-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I´m not sure if Rafa really feels he would fit into his style of play, because as you seen Saturday he likes to play 1 up front and the 1 up front has to be a target man like Morientes.

I think he would be a perfect partner with Morientes up front but again not sure if Rafa plays that style too much espeically away from home.

DJsmallpaul
16-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't think he should go back to Liverpool but i would like to see him back in England....with Burnley maybe :lol: :lol: i don't think you should ever go back to a club you left especially if you did well their cause your only gonna be disapointed cause 9 times out of 10 you can never recapture the glory of the past & tbh Liverpool are a totally different Club to the one he left.

phantomdj
16-08-2005, 08:11 PM
we are a better club now.... doesnt really need stating

Esox Lucius
16-08-2005, 08:16 PM
you would think any club would want owen, he is world class.

french_og
16-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Thats what i can´t understand, he has scored about 33 International goals, had the best goal to game ration in Spain last season and no real big club seems to want him. He would only cost about 12 million half what Chelsea paid for Drogba and i know who i would prefer in my side.

Traxx
16-08-2005, 10:48 PM
don't think you should ever go back to a club you left especially if you did well their cause your only gonna be disapointed cause 9 times out of 10 you can never recapture the glory of the past

Ian rush

& tbh Liverpool are a totally different Club to the one he left.

Aye, were better.

To be honest i never thought he would be coming back, im still not to sure he will. If we manage to get rid of baros to villa then it may be more of a possibility.

basslinejunkie
16-08-2005, 10:50 PM
yeah thats what i was thinkin,an to be honest i hope it ****in does.

owen may not be the best on the ball or anythin,but give him a chance an he gets goals,gaurantted.

Esox Lucius
17-08-2005, 07:11 AM
would be funny if you lot got him back, sell him for 9 million buy him back for 12/13 million, good business that :lol:

Miksta
17-08-2005, 09:33 AM
i cant understand what is going on....Owen is class,he's good enough to be a first teamer at Real its mind boggaling.

One thing is for sure,he has to move to england and soon if he wants to get match's before the world cup... i would like to see him at Liverpool again :)

nick_anarchy
17-08-2005, 11:42 AM
to be fair and to give liverpool better firepaower yeah thay should but i dont think he should i think he should go elseware and give a smaler club the lift thay need ie newcastle

dan the acid man
17-08-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah he's a class player, im sure if he does become available there will be a few teams after him

Traxx
17-08-2005, 12:02 PM
i think he should go elseware and give a smaler club the lift thay need ie newcastle

Oh eye yeah. World cup year & your on your way out of real madrid & you think he should go give a smaller club a boost? haha :lol:

nick_anarchy
17-08-2005, 12:28 PM
well i dont rate him as high as most ppl .. :lol:

lukekendall
17-08-2005, 04:22 PM
he used to be good, he aint nothing special no more, thats why no one wants him and he is on the bench at real............

he is past it, i hope defoe plays well this season and get his place next to rooney for the world cup

Esox Lucius
17-08-2005, 04:39 PM
past it? what a stupid comment, he is only 25 and in his prime.

how is he past it? he hasnt been getting his game at real, and when he has he has usually scored, the real fans love him, but the gaffer is not giving him a chance.

if he moves back the prem he will shut the doubters up. still one of the best forwards in the world.

dan the acid man
17-08-2005, 05:45 PM
its just because its been fashionable to criticise him lately, hes still a proven scorer, he just lost it for a while playing in such a dull, crap liverpool side

lukekendall
18-08-2005, 09:38 AM

how is he past it? he hasnt been getting his game at real, and when he has he has usually scored, the real fans love him, but the gaffer is not giving him a chance.

if he moves back the prem he will shut the doubters up. still one of the best forwards in the world.

he was shit for liverpool last season he played,

he will not come back prem unless he goes newcastle

nick_anarchy
18-08-2005, 09:56 AM
he used to be good, he aint nothing special no more, thats why no one wants him and he is on the bench at real............

he is past it, i hope defoe plays well this season and get his place next to rooney for the world cup

how can u be past it at 24 ?? fair do's he did hit his peak early but he aint past it ppl can just read him better in the game thats all

Traxx
18-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Starting to look more & more like he's on his way.

lukekendall
18-08-2005, 11:53 AM

how can u be past it at 24 ?? fair do's he did hit his peak early but he aint past it ppl can just read him better in the game thats all

im saying he aint nothing like he used to be he is still living on that arge goal!!

if im right he won euro player of the year one!!

hes so much slower than he used to be

Miksta
18-08-2005, 05:31 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

dan the acid man
18-08-2005, 05:44 PM

he was shit for liverpool last season he played,

he will not come back prem unless he goes newcastle

that wasnt just his fault, the style of football being played by liverpool then was a joke

278d7e64a374de26f==