PDA

View Full Version : Arguments/Slagging/Slating etc....

fatcollective
16-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I have noticed that most arguments regarding music on this site generally start because somebody who is not actually into that certain style slag’s it and the person who is into that style defends it and so on…an argument has begun.....basically its like me going into the deep/experimental forum because I aint into that style of techno and saying "ohh that tune is shit, it bores the life out of me, surely this sort of music isn’t getting released, sounds like something from the 1980’s ..blah blah" I wouldn’t do this because I have no right to diss it because I don’t like it anyway!

My point is “why slag something/style of music that you’re not actually into yourself?”

I think it’s fair enough to give certain comments regarding the music your into…i.e. certain releases on labels you usually buy didn’t hit the spot for you!

This can also apply to the slagging of djs/artists etc…?

massplanck
16-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Fatcollective wears mascara.

TripleX
16-08-2005, 08:35 PM
:lol:

DJ Becka
16-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I wouldnt be too upset about it.....some people just like to create drama....

As far as 'slagging' other artists....maybe the ones doing it have had a personal experience with a particular artist that wasnt good-in that case, then maybe they have a right to say something......

Who knows.....who cares.......

Oh, and do you REALLY wear mascara? :lol:

dan the acid man
16-08-2005, 08:44 PM
as long as that person does have an interest in that certain style of music i dont see the problem.

i also dont see the problem if its constructive, i.e, dont just say its shit.

say why you dont like that music, what you think its lacking etc.

dirty_bass
16-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Bog off you slags.

Mindful
16-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Thats shit!

fatcollective
16-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Thats shit!

is it?

fatcollective
16-08-2005, 10:16 PM

:shifty:

dirty_bass
16-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Yeah, they all demand huge fees, have ridiculous riders, never show for gigs,
steal loops from liasons dangereuse, are taking techno backwards by years, can`t mix at all, smell like curdled milk, and are killing the scene.

and a bunch of other stuff too.

involving other shit that may be added at a later date, but is definitely true.

:twisted:

Mucky Beats
17-08-2005, 12:28 AM

steal loops from liasons dangereuse, are taking techno backwards by years, can`t mix at all, smell like curdled milk, and are killing the scene.

involving other shit that may be added at a later date, but is definitely true.

:twisted:

yeh but at least we are all cool! :cool:

The Overfiend
17-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I have noticed that most arguments regarding music on this site generally start because somebody who is not actually into that certain style slag’s it and the person who is into that style defends it and so on…an argument has begun.....basically its like me going into the deep/experimental forum because I aint into that style of techno and saying "ohh that tune is shit, it bores the life out of me, surely this sort of music isn’t getting released, sounds like something from the 1980’s ..blah blah" I wouldn’t do this because I have no right to diss it because I don’t like it anyway!

My point is “why slag something/style of music that you’re not actually into yourself?”

I think it’s fair enough to give certain comments regarding the music your into…i.e. certain releases on labels you usually buy didn’t hit the spot for you!

This can also apply to the slagging of djs/artists etc…?

Really good and respected point.

davethedrummer
17-08-2005, 01:10 AM
but it is just a forum
and you have the choice to reply or not...

dirty_bass
17-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Henry can`t mix for toffee, and lives off of the mushrooms growing between his toes.
He also secretly is destroying the techno scene with a cunning use of waxed twine, pigs bladders, a philips heads screwdriver (slightly worn), and one of these
http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/bigtrak/blowup/bigtrak.jpg

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 10:58 AM

shit man, we really are a bunch of cvnts arnt we, must be a welsh thing :rambo: ;)

MARKEG
17-08-2005, 01:24 PM
http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/bigtrak/blowup/bigtrak.jpg[/quote]

you have NO IDEA how much I begged my mom and dad for one of those when I was young. Never got one though. Tight bastards. :lol:

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 04:36 PM
i think people's idea of whats constitutes an "argument" is a bit left of centre on here at times, a couple of people giving opinions on a certain artist only to find a difference of opinion is not arguing, its just a debate.

i think if someone has supported said artist i.e paid for their records, watched their gigs etc then they have every right to give their truthful view when asked, regardless if this isnt going to fit into the norm and be all nice and sugar coated

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 04:49 PM
i just thought, that people slaggin certain artists/styles etc when they dont even like that artist/style is a bit pointless and negative, jah get me ;)

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah but there's an assumption there that just because someone doesnt like the said artist now that they never liked em, which is often not the case, more and more are people becoming dissillusioned with djs and producers that they really used to like but have found the artist in question really hasnt tried to push themselves and is still knocking out the same stuff they were 5 years ago.. it's something that annoys me certainly, hence my posts in the Valentino thread

people shouldnt assume just because someone's being negative about something that they are not, or haven't been, a fan. It's just human nature to become disapointed with something you've enjoyed in the past which no longer does it for you, be it music, a sport, any pastime or hobby.

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 05:01 PM
i was thinking a simular thing about man utd last year :doh:

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 05:04 PM
exactly, thats a good example actually, imagine how many Man Utd fans of the past 10 years have suddenly started slagging them off and taking parts in protests against the clubs new owners, its easy to see why they would act this way as they are used to trophies galore and having pretty much a monopoly on the Premier league for a good few seasons, but its all change now

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 05:05 PM
****in chelsea...rich cvnts :rambo: :lol: :lol:

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 05:06 PM
well like most things its those with the money who inevitably tend to rise to the top

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 05:06 PM
well like most things its those with the money who inevitably tend to rise to the top

looks like im ****ed then :cry:

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 05:07 PM
aye same here! :twisted:

Esox Lucius
17-08-2005, 08:37 PM
scott gray secretly makes scouse house and is the brains behind all ultra beat tracks :shock:

eyes without a face
17-08-2005, 08:41 PM
shush!!!!!

dont tell them john

dan the acid man
17-08-2005, 08:43 PM
and like i say, whats the point in posting a topic saying "isnt ******* great,

if all your going to get is, yes, he's great, why would you want to read 20 posts saying the exact same thing, what would be the point in that topic

Mindful
17-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Thats shit!

is it?

I was just doing the negative answer with no back up for my reasoning thing(trying and failing to be funny :doh: )

Good piont tho whichever of the Fat collective boys posted the topic.
I tend not to respond negetivly to somthing I dont like just read the post and keep my dislike for somthing to myself.
But I like to know all sides of peoples thinking I dont want to just read all the people who like an artist or track or whatever.Its good to hear why people dont like things aswell I find.

Mindful
17-08-2005, 09:18 PM
and like i say, whats the point in posting a topic saying "isnt ******* great,

if all your going to get is, yes, he's great, why would you want to read 20 posts saying the exact same thing, what would be the point in that topic
Thats what I meant^^^^

Mindful
17-08-2005, 09:25 PM
http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/bigtrak/blowup/bigtrak.jpg

you have NO IDEA how much I begged my mom and dad for one of those when I was young. Never got one though. Tight bastards. :lol:[/quote]

Sorry to hog the topic but....................

I had one of them and broke it(I obviousley didnt appreciate it like you would have done Mark :cry: )

fatcollective
17-08-2005, 10:12 PM
i know what your all saying boys but this was the point i was trying to get at:-

i just thought, that people slaggin certain artists/styles etc when they dont even like that artist/style is a bit pointless and negative, jah get me ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==