PDA

View Full Version : Network:Ac1d - Me and a Bassline

networkacid
17-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah... been yonks since I posted here... Really haven't been doing anything much music wise lately except for downloading lots of legal mp3s of sick acid and electro shit.. Today's the first time I've sat down to make music and actually done it in months..

I have no idea what my ears are like, very out of practice. I am in love with this bassline.. I feel like I got the kick and the bassline working nicely.. The other sounds are pretty over the top... I dunno if it sounds any good.. Still needs lots of work on the arrangement.. plus I want to glitch up the drums a bit.. this is like version 0.0.1.. There is some weird shit happening with my hats and I don't know if I like it or not.. they're kinda.. swirly, maaaaan... Prolly a bit slow for most here :P

Ideas, comments, critique welcome.

Me And A Bassline (http://members.optusnet.com.au/dimensionk/Me%20And%20A%20Bassline%20128.mp3)

j_s
17-08-2005, 05:09 PM
this is cool. only bit im not too keen on is the hoovers. percussion is quite loose, but still works pretty well. the bass/acidline sounds sweet, as do the metalic pad sounds....

BRADLEE
17-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Well it could definitely have a deeper kick drum, no bass at all is this as far as I can tell. The acid line is nice though and that Hoover'ish noise I like personally. This reminds me much of the old hard groove stuff from the realm of 1993-1994. Cool old school sound in my opinion. Maybe a few more changes(edits) here and there and fatten her a bit, then I'd say it's good.

AcidTrash
29-08-2005, 10:06 PM
this is cool. will be looking out for more of your stuff. Sounds really fresh to me.

Mindful
01-09-2005, 01:54 PM
This is good man those hoover sounds are pretty dope.
Overall the tracks got quite a deep feel to it which I like.
I realy like the 303 line too got an old acid house type vibe to it when it starts going off on one,infact the tracks got that sort of feel to it reminds me of when I was a lad eee by gum.

Production sounds pretty cool.

Great track I realy like it :clap:

Evil G
01-09-2005, 07:26 PM
i agree with messanger that the kick needs more bottom end, and maybe a bit more top end as well.

the hoovers sound really sweet, but might be a tad loud.

overal a nice track. i like it.

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 07:35 PM
not bad, needs to a fair whack deeper tho, both the bass and the kick, u might be better changing the kick for one that compliments the other elements a bit better

wasnt keen on that hoover at all unfortunately, but thats definately personal taste, its a cheap and nasty, and horrifically overused sound, there has been the odd exception "Mills - UFO" but barring that hoovers belong in the bin

not a bad start

Will
01-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Didn't you like Hydraulix 21?

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
who me? :doh:

Mindful
01-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah you you fukk :lol:

eyes without a face
01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
drunken swine...

no sorry, never heard it, its really not my kinda thing, which is unfortunate as people do seem to still get excited over certain Hydraulix stuff which is gravy

Mindful
02-09-2005, 12:19 AM
drunken swine...

:lol: me? I never post when drunk :doh:

Oh and gravys not too my taste this track is dope tho

eardamage
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Bass line needs more bottom end i think. Around 70-110 hz maybe. Like the acid but i personally have heard to many hoovers over the years. Overall though i enjoyed listening.

MARKEG
04-09-2005, 07:32 AM
drunken swine...

no sorry, never heard it, its really not my kinda thing, which is unfortunate as people do seem to still get excited over certain Hydraulix stuff which is gravy

no offence eyes, but surely we all need to stop doing this. if you don't like the style, dont post critique!!! am i right or am i right?!! this forum sound be about production, not style.

i think we all should be totally objective on music style when we post our thoughts. let's just home in on the production!!!

hope you agree everyone :)

AcidTrash
04-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Listening to this for probably the 10th time and it's easily the best thing I've downloaded from here for ages.

The Divide
04-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I like this, love what you did with the hoovers. There does seem to be something a little wrong with the mix, Im not sure if its just me tho, its like the top ends really thin. Apart ffrom that its pretty nice

eyes without a face
04-09-2005, 12:55 PM
this forum sound be about production, not style

errr mark im sorry but thats my point exactly, and that quote was actually defending that style of techno, i did say although its not my bag it is popular and alot of it is well produced, so i really dont see the problem there

this is exactly the kind of thing i meant in my pm's mate, if it'l make people happier then feel free to remove or edit my posts, save's on the moaning

fatcollective
04-09-2005, 01:20 PM
this is pretty nifty mate and i thought the hoovers were pretty good aswel, gave it a really old skool sound with a twist. nice progression of the 303 and some really cool edits in there...yeah man..cool track and well produced :clap:

Trip Head
04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah love the acid line and the loose percussion in this. I'd agree that there should be some more bass in the kick. Good work :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==