PDA

View Full Version : Spanish DJ's and producers?

Oxen Blank
17-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Who knows some about that? any favourites?

TechMouse
17-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Oscar Mulero?

gary_human
17-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Cristian Varela makes some awesome tracks - heard a few goodies from Bando - but Varela's seem to hit the mark each and evertime for me.

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Muleros certainly the top dog along with christian wunsch and reeko.

toni rios and paco osuna are also decent djs too.

kai
17-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Toni Rios was ****ing amazing when I saw him at Cocoon - wiped the floor with Sven Vath's set that night!

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2005, 01:39 PM
wiped the floor with Sven Vath's set that night!

not exactly difficult though is it?? ;)

mihica
17-08-2005, 01:40 PM
grovskopa is also a great dj from spain! :rambo:

kai
17-08-2005, 02:13 PM
wiped the floor with Sven Vath's set that night!

not exactly difficult though is it?? ;)

Depends if you rate Sven or not - at the time (2003) - I thought the sun shined out of his arse and seeing him at Cocoon was to be my highlight of going to Ibiza that year, but like I say Toni Rios blew him away!

Jay Pace
17-08-2005, 02:13 PM
isn't villalobos spanish?

If so, him

TechMouse
17-08-2005, 02:18 PM

If so, him
I always assumed south american.

kai
17-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I know he played the terrace at Amnesia when Dance Valley was there. Doesn't mean shit like, as DJ's from the world over play there, but I always preseumed he was Spanish.

On a similar subject, what does everyone think od Mulero?

Have never heard him play, but his reputation makes me want to. Am I missing someone worth seeing?

Sunil
17-08-2005, 02:36 PM

If so, him

He's Chilean or Uruguayan, not sure which. And how about we don't mention him around here again? :rambo:

Sunil
17-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Peter Gual deserves a mention here for definite.

Jay Pace
17-08-2005, 03:12 PM

If so, him

He's Chilean or Uruguayan, not sure which. And how about we don't mention him around here again? :rambo:

With the risk of sounding antagonistic, why not?

Alcachofa was quality.

Bahahahahi is still one of my favourite tracks in a long time.

Oxen Blank
17-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Hmmm i think Toni Rios is not spanish; Villalobos is from south america i think too... But Oscar Mulero and Varela & Bando are Spanish.
I'm not sure if Grovskopa is Spanish, i thinked he was from eastern europe, slovakian or near there...as Rumenige and Loktibrada.

From Spain i prefer the mixing skills of Oscar Mulero, a great reference for me ;) Equalisation master thru the mixes...
I like the dark "offbeat" techno from Exium, Wunsch and Reeko, but i always thinked that are not good accepted around Europe... people prefer another kind of techno.

PD: I'm spanish too ;)

Sunil
17-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Alcachofa was quality.

I just don't get with the hype at all. Many tracks I've heard bore the pants off me.

From a listening point his can make some interesting stuff, but for the most part it's too noodly for my liking.

I guess my main gripe is the fact that much of stuff lacks energy and just doesn't belong on the dancefloor. A bit too pipe and slippers for me.

Granted Villalobos mightn't think that all his material is mainly for club use, many others do though :neutral:

TechMouse
17-08-2005, 04:14 PM

Alcachofa was quality.

I just don't get with the hype at all. Many tracks I've heard bore the pants off me.

From a listening point his can make some interesting stuff, but for the most part it's too noodly for my liking.

I guess my main gripe is the fact that much of stuff lacks energy and just doesn't belong on the dancefloor. A bit too pipe and slippers for me.

Granted Villalobos mightn't think that all his material is mainly for club use, many others do though :neutral:

But is minimalische, ja?

Sunil
17-08-2005, 04:18 PM
But is minimalische, ja?

Nein, es ist bollocks :rambo:

kai
17-08-2005, 04:21 PM
The set he did on Amnesia Terrace was pretty good imo, but definately wasn't dancefloor techno for a main room. Was perfect for a more laid back 2nd room vibe, and dancefloor friendly enough to get people dancing without sending them into a full on stomp

Jay Pace
17-08-2005, 04:44 PM

Alcachofa was quality.

Fair points, but this is a matter of personal taste. Personally I think he makes good listening / driving music. Not sure if I would appreciate his productions in a club.

Heard him play with Hawtin a couple of years back, and combined they were formidable. Never heard him play alone.

Noodly - man, you should have heard Mathew Jonson play Sonar this year. I have never heard such rampant noodling.

fitipaldi
17-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Love the 'spanish' sound, oscar mulero is the fcukin daddy!

Stella Boy
17-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Love the 'spanish' sound, oscar mulero is the flippin daddy!

too bloody right he is but doesn't get enough bookings in this country

Sunil
17-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Fair points, but this is a matter of personal taste. Personally I think he makes good listening / driving music. Not sure if I would appreciate his productions in a club.

Heard him play with Hawtin a couple of years back, and combined they were formidable. Never heard him play alone.

Noodly - man, you should have heard Mathew Jonson play Sonar this year. I have never heard such rampant noodling.

Well I think we kind of agree then. He's good at what he does, I just don't consider him as relevant to techno as so many other people do.

Heard mixed reports about Jonson at Sonar. I like some of his tracks although he sure stretches them out for too long sometimes, in saying this I did like his last 12" on Wagon Repair.

Anyway I'm going way off topic.

Back on topic, that guy Cage that was on Infecta a while back is a very good producer, makes some top electro under another name too.

Oxen Blank
17-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Love the 'spanish' sound, oscar mulero is the flippin daddy!

too bloody right he is but doesn't get enough bookings in this country

Maybe because is only well known by people who are djs too...not by the crowd.
Is very exciting to see him doing live mixing, real serious techno, great live sound, no mistakes...

Jay Pace
17-08-2005, 10:55 PM

Well I think we kind of agree then. He's good at what he does, I just don't consider him as relevant to techno as so many other people do.

Heard mixed reports about Jonson at Sonar. I like some of his tracks although he sure stretches them out for too long sometimes, in saying this I did like his last 12" on Wagon Repair.

Anyway I'm going way off topic.

Back on topic, that guy Cage that was on Infecta a while back is a very good producer, makes some top electro under another name too.

'Marionette' is an absolute classic.

But live, he was just irritating. Just noodled about with his ideas for ages. And made good tunes bad. Hawting finished with one of his tunes, and made it sooooo much better than when he played it live.

Which is just a little embarrasing really...

But like you said, off topic.

More Spain - they got it going on over there. Really good attitude towards techno, what it is and what is does for crowds. A spirit I find sadly lacking in the UK

Stretch
17-08-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure if Grovskopa is Spanish, i thinked he was from eastern europe, slovakian or near there...as Rumenige and Loktibrada.

Grovskopa's from Sweden but lives in Madrid I think.

278d7e64a374de26f==