PDA

View Full Version : supporting england is a joke

gary_human
18-08-2005, 12:28 PM
supporting england is turning into a joke - why have we got 2nd rate players who cant even get in there club side playing for their country?

Why the ***k does that little boy owen play all the time when he has clearly lost his talent he had years ago? - what sort of mesasage does that send to other english players? - "if i get signed up for real madrid and keep their substitutes bench warm and splinter free all year I'll be on the team sheat for englaqnd without having to get dirty." ----

why on earth does he give jermaine defoe a maximum of 45 minutes each time he gains an england cap - when he obviously could do with a goal to booost confidence in an england shirt?

why the ***k does he keep beckham on the wing when he is clearly no good in that position for the team - all he can do is send over an occasionaly well flighted dead ball.

why doesnt he pick stewart downing ?

a lot of those england players seem to go on that pitch and think they can play off of reputation or off of how many times they have been spotted in town shopping in the newspapers or how many times they got on an advert.

Im sure there was a time when people would pull on that shirt and be proud to play for their country.

Its time these twats came down off their pedestal and ate some humble pie.

And to top it all when they lose is the manager gonna go off his head at them???
course not he will most probably pat own on the arse and say "well done michael".

Mourinho for England coach i say - lol!!!

zigojacko
18-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Agreed,

Said it many times before, and no doubt many times again... David James is not the keeper for the England No 1 shirt, he has shown levels of inconsistency for many seasons now yet still gets the nod ahead of anyone else!!??

David James has confessed that he did not prepare himself properly after coming on as substitute goalkeeper for England in the 4-1 defeat to Denmark on Wednesday.

James came on for Paul Robinson at half time with the game goal-less but a mistake for the opener, and some patchy moments throughout the second half has once again called into question his place in the England squad.

The Manchester City goalkeeper admitted his failure to prepare properly for the match, believing he can 'get away' with a poor performance because it was a friendly match.

"You should prepare to play," said James. "The watchwords are practice, practice, practice. For once I didn't adhere to that and everyone saw the result.

"Because I knew I wasn't going to start, for once I didn't do my starting preparations.

"The whole thing about preparation is that you could go on in the first minute. It is a lesson I try to teach youngsters and it is one I should follow through myself.

"Maybe I can get away with this one because it is a friendly and has no bearing on qualification.

"But I am representing England and I should have paid more attention. There were things I did which I will make totally sure I never do again."

James insists that he will not let the mistakes haunt his club form for City.

"I am very confident in the way I am playing," he added.

"My form for Manchester City has been very good, so I am not going to lose my head over one performance.

"I am obviously not happy that I let any goals in, let alone four and I know my performance will come under scrutiny and people will question my international career.

"But that is part of the goalkeepers' lot. Unfortunately, I have been there before.

"The fans have come a long way to support the team.

"They want to see us win. There were a few choice words said which weren't necessarily needed. But I say things when I watch football matches, so I am not going to criticise the fans for showing their feelings."

The problem we face, is that we (as a Nation), don't really have any one keeper that stands out from anyone else, that you could categorize as 'World Class' status.

Don't think Robert Green would be that great for England, but is worth the chance to prove what he can do at least... lets face it, we can't really get much worse (as far as the goalkeeper goes)... Nigel Martyn is way past his best as is Ian Walker as well, Richard Wright has flopped since the days he was at Ipswich, Scott Carson? Nah not a chance, not yet anyway, is no way playing the standard needed for international appearances.

Which only really leaves two choices left which I personally think are the best choices... Paul Robinson - has already proved the level he can play at, and is still young so has the opportunity to be much better... a tip for the future... and... Chris Kirkland (through the Coventry youth system :P :P - heh) - Is an amazing goalkeeper, don't care what anyone says - shame he was snapped up from Coventry by Liverpool as has never really been able to fight for the number 1 shirt at The Cop due to being plagued by injury - now that he seems to have got past the injury nightmares, is currently out on loan to West Brom and looks like he is back to his best with an amazing performance against Man City on the opening day of the season with a string of fine saves deservedly earning the man of the match award... One to watch now this season!!!

Sort it ouuuut Sven! :P

dan the acid man
18-08-2005, 01:53 PM
theres nithing wrong with owen, and svens style of management is just a different style from all the shouting and balling.

just because he doesnt go off on one at the players, doesnt mean anything.

zigojacko
18-08-2005, 01:56 PM
my comments just apply to the goalkeeping situation...

lukekendall
18-08-2005, 04:10 PM
supporting england is turning into a joke - why have we got 2nd rate players who cant even get in there club side playing for their country?

Why the ***k does that little boy owen play all the time when he has clearly lost his talent he had years ago? - what sort of mesasage does that send to other english players? - "if i get signed up for real madrid and keep their substitutes bench warm and splinter free all year I'll be on the team sheat for englaqnd without having to get dirty." ----

why on earth does he give jermaine defoe a maximum of 45 minutes each time he gains an england cap - when he obviously could do with a goal to booost confidence in an england shirt?

why the ***k does he keep beckham on the wing when he is clearly no good in that position for the team - all he can do is send over an occasionaly well flighted dead ball.

why doesnt he pick stewart downing ?

a lot of those england players seem to go on that pitch and think they can play off of reputation or off of how many times they have been spotted in town shopping in the newspapers or how many times they got on an advert.

Im sure there was a time when people would pull on that shirt and be proud to play for their country.

Its time these twats came down off their pedestal and ate some humble pie.

And to top it all when they lose is the manager gonna go off his head at them???
course not he will most probably pat own on the arse and say "well done michael".

Mourinho for England coach i say - lol!!!

totally agree mate, downing is a natural left player and cole is a very good player but its not his best position

carrick is also another option sitting infront of the back 4, but sven aint got the balls to try that when he should as it is a friendly

Will
18-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Chelsea have had a fair bit of success playing flying wingers amd who does Sven pick? Beckham and Cole when it should be Wright Phillips and Downing, Sven's a shit manager and just panders to the over rated so-called stars thinking as long as he keeps them happy everything will be alright. He hasn't got a clue.

basslinejunkie
18-08-2005, 07:56 PM
now that is a fair point.wright phillips should defo be on the right hand side of midfield,as for downing,i dunno.in time maybe but not just yet.

gary_human
19-08-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah fair enough downing's not no better than cole, but sven onlycalls him up to the squad when hes out of form and can anyone please answer why svens style of management would mean he brought off jermaine defoe for a striker who is 5th choice at a spanish first division side against denmark and brought on andy johnson last year in right midfield against the dutch ?

french_og
19-08-2005, 10:16 AM
How can you blame Owen for Wednesday´s result, his job is to put the ball in the net and with out service that isn´t going to happen. He scored a sharp hatrick vs Columbia in May and 17 goals for Real Madrid last season and was a regular starter after January hence why Figo was left out the side.

gary_human
07-09-2005, 10:06 PM
SH!TE!!!!!

why play owen when he aint even played a game all season - the swede is a joke!!!

4-5-1 ????

why go defensive?

He has got to go

ALLARDYCE FOR ENGLAND MANAGER :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==